Given how sony handled the PSP and the Vita, will YOU buy another SONY handheld?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Given how sony handled the PSP and the Vita, will YOU buy another SONY handheld?

User Info: NinjaPirateDood

NinjaPirateDood
3 years ago#51
To quote Magneto in that one X-Men movie, "Always allow the pawns to go first", or something like that. If I hear good things or notice a great line-up of games, I'll be willing to invest in it. I doubt 1 less unit moved at launch time will bother them at all.

Till then, I'll be sittin' on this here ol' fence.
"All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu
"Dating websites have caused a lot of casualties." -Me

User Info: TechniMyoko

TechniMyoko
3 years ago#52
Compass posted...

And it's a fact the DS and 3DS are capable of things the PSP and Vita aren't. Namely, dual screens and/or 3D.

Do the strengths/weaknesses of any of these systems translate to better games automatically? Obviously not... unless you're a raging fanboy who has never even touched the competition's hardware and have to reassure yourself daily your loyalty to a massive capitalist corporation isn't as patently absurd as you secretly suspect.

-dual screens doesnt do anything 1 bigger one can do. But you have a point on 3d
-your second paragraph is entirely wrong. Vita's massive processing power advantage DOES translate to better games in almost every case.

User Info: LiteUpSkeleton

LiteUpSkeleton
3 years ago#53
Short answer:

HELL NO!

Nuf said.
And to think... I hesitated.

User Info: VerySolidusSnak

VerySolidusSnak
3 years ago#54
NinjaPirateDood posted...
To quote Magneto in that one X-Men movie, "Always allow the pawns to go first", or something like that. If I hear good things or notice a great line-up of games, I'll be willing to invest in it. I doubt 1 less unit moved at launch time will bother them at all.

Till then, I'll be sittin' on this here ol' fence.

Sounds like a very good idea.

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
3 years ago#55
Meh, I wait. Waited till the end of the psp's lifespan to get one, will do the same for the Vita and any other sony handheld. I refuse to pay that much for a god damn memory stick when an SD card is so cheap.
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

User Info: Nnamz

Nnamz
3 years ago#56
Compass posted...

And it's a fact the DS and 3DS are capable of things the PSP and Vita aren't. Namely, dual screens and/or 3D.

lmao

10/10
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.

User Info: andresthejeff

andresthejeff
3 years ago#57
Maybe, I have no idea of what Sony are thinking, they should make more games for Vita.

*Or they could have payed Capcom for them to make a Monster Hunter to be released near the Vita release date.
"I am come."

User Info: Newave

Newave
3 years ago#58
I still use my PSP on a daily basis, so I'm gonna have to say no.

I have no need for another handheld. I haven't bought a Vita because PSP offers so much more than Vita simply doesn't have.

The one thing Vita has as an actual advantage right now is a camera, but only until I get hold of a Go!cam.
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV

User Info: Gtuansdiamm

Gtuansdiamm
3 years ago#59
i am forced to
3ds will always be region locked
psp/vita has a good amount of japanese games i want to import

User Info: eternalblue02

eternalblue02
3 years ago#60
Yes, both handhelds have/had exclusive games I want to play.

The same reason applies to the 3DS and did when the DS was released. I tend to wait a year or two before I purchase the handhelds though, just a tick of mine I guess.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Given how sony handled the PSP and the Vita, will YOU buy another SONY handheld?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived