Can you rename Vita/PSP Game folders in your PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Can you rename Vita/PSP Game folders in your PC?

User Info: DarkSentinel07

DarkSentinel07
4 years ago#1
Can you rename Game folders in your PC without causing recognition problems or corrupting files?
Example: Libaries > Documents > PS Vita > PGAME > 28cd5f7430e6b21f > ULUS10286

ULUS10286 being the psp game folder of Riviera: The Promise Land. Can I rename ULUS10286 to anything I want? ex: rename it to just Riviera or do I have to check each folder in my PC to find out which games I have backed up in my PC and which ones I haven't. Is really hard to see which games you have when all you see inside of the folder 28cd5f7430e6b21f is a bunch of folders like ULUS10286.

User Info: GuitarJozz

GuitarJozz
4 years ago#2
How are you even able to see the game folders or anything for that matter that's on the memory stick on your PC?

Is there a secret way to access the memory stick's contents that I don't know about? Or are you talking about something else? Because as far as I know, the only way to do anything with the data on the Vita's memory card is through the content manager...

User Info: Klon_Redfield

Klon_Redfield
4 years ago#3
In the PSP you can, I'd say it's the same case... I haven't tried it on Vita tho.
Playing: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PSP), SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)

User Info: kingofall214

kingofall214
4 years ago#4
I have always wondered this myself but I didn't want to test it and up losing my saved data and having to re-download my game.

And TC is talking about where you store your digital vita games when you back it up on your computer.
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214

User Info: sasukexiin

sasukexiin
4 years ago#5
no, you can't even see that stuff. sony locked it out. you can only transfer files with the content manager.

User Info: arclouks_x

arclouks_x
4 years ago#6
I think he means the back up data but I dont know,.I should really back mine up.
PSN:arclouksx/JustArc_ I want to eat Naoto.
Now playing:Persona 4 Arena & Golden,Soul sacrifice.

User Info: DarkSentinel07

DarkSentinel07
4 years ago#7
Yes I'm talking about the backed up data thats stored in your computer using Content Manager Assistant. Can I rename those folders thats stores the game and rename them with the name of the game. That way I don't have to click insideof each of those folders to see which game is inside.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Can you rename Vita/PSP Game folders in your PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived