Sony on Vita, "it's a PS4 in your pocket" Article Inside.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Sony on Vita, "it's a PS4 in your pocket" Article Inside.

User Info: DalekZero

DalekZero
3 years ago#1
Not sure if this was posted yet.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/06/24/fergal-gara-on-ps-vita-its-a-ps4-in-your-pocket-gamers-will-tell-us-how-itll-evolve-by-how-they-use-the-device/

It seems to me like this is a lazy-ass way of saying that the reason game support is so low is because they intend to just make the vita a companion device. I say this because,

"One potential issue that raises is what will happen to the Vita if it increasingly becomes seen as a remote terminal for the PS4, rather than a console in it’s own right? Gara admits that’s a “good question” but states, “Certainly for the foreseeable [future] we intend to continue developing – our publishing partners will continue to develop – Vita experiences that are standalone”. However, what could happen is by no means fixed. “How will that evolve? I don’t know”, says Gara. “I think gamers will tell us how that will evolve [by] how they use the device in the future”."

I know there are positives to remote play (and I'll certainly be using it when I get my PS4), but I bought a HANDHELD CONSOLE, not a controller.
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity
- George Carlin (1937-2008)

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
3 years ago#2
Ever since rumours of PS4/Vita connectivity leaked I had an ominous feeling that the Vita could lose it's identity as a complete independent system.

I guess I'm forced to purchase a PS4 now...

Shrewd Sony, very shrewd.
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png ~~ Hillary Clinton/Elizabeth Warren 2016 ~~ 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: Sagadego

Sagadego
3 years ago#3
Lord_Vishana posted...
Ever since rumours of PS4/Vita connectivity leaked I had an ominous feeling that the Vita could lose it's identity as a complete independent system.

Imo don't. just wait 'til theres games worth buying. I agree, this is sad.
Now Playing:
Soul Hackers/Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3ds) Sengoku Basara 3(us ver,) (Ps3) Dynasty Warriors 5/Xenosaga 1 (ps2) Xenoblade(wii)

User Info: gray_fox_00

gray_fox_00
3 years ago#4
I'm hoping it works to our advantage in some back asswards kind of way. Maybe enough people with money to burn will buy a Vita for their PS4 and will inflate the user base enough to more devs to consider making a game for it.

Not getting my hopes up, but a man can dream (at least that what cheesey movies have told me)
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

User Info: KillingHarder

KillingHarder
3 years ago#5
Lord_Vishana posted...

Are you really surprised? Look at how many games are ports.

User Info: blankempathy

blankempathy
3 years ago#6
Wasnt it marketed as console gaming on the go before aka a ps3 in your pocket?
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler

User Info: mike_411

mike_411
3 years ago#7
Lord_Vishana posted...

Why wouldn't you? TROY BAKER is in infamous.

TROY BAKER is a system seller!!
I fought the law and the law one!

User Info: MotiJr

MotiJr
3 years ago#8
That is disappointing. Could Sony really not put any effort in to the Vita that they had to make it a ps4 accessory? They should stick to making software for handhelds and leave the hardware to Nintendo.
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D

User Info: jenrais

jenrais
3 years ago#9
Like I said a long time ago

Glorified PS4 controller.

i want my money back

User Info: krizz07

krizz07
3 years ago#10
so if this remote play thing fails again, would that officially make the vita a sunken ship?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Sony on Vita, "it's a PS4 in your pocket" Article Inside.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived