How much would you pay for the vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. How much would you pay for the vita?

User Info: scarecow

scarecow
3 years ago#1
Hello, I recently had my house robbed.

Among other items, my playstation vita had been stolen. I had not had a lot of time with the unit and had gotten it for 200 dollars. This was the 3g unit.

I had Gravity Rush and enjoyed it, but that was as far as I got playing on the unit. I will not lie, the game lineup has still been a little lackluster for me, but Dragon's Crown and Persona 4 Golden make me want to repurchase my vita with what insurance money I did receive.

My question to you guys is: How much is the Vita actually worth to you? I had a hard time shelling out 200 and will probably not find a deal that good again unless it's a used unit, which I do not like.

Thank you in advance. Have a wonderful day.

User Info: mrjhwar

mrjhwar
3 years ago#2
I would wait before purchasing Vita if those are the only games you want to play. If you have to know how much I'd pay, I'd say $200 at this point just because of the hardware.

I feel like this kind of topic has been made many times....
Are you wearing garbage, Batman?

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
3 years ago#3
200 is a great price for it but since there not really producing ANY games for it, its worth less than 100. youd be better off just getting a PSP and delving into the Thousand games that it has. im eyeing the Vita but it just looks like its Dying.

User Info: thebatdadd

thebatdadd
3 years ago#4
ill-thoughts posted...
200 is a great price for it but since there not really producing ANY games for it, its worth less than 100. youd be better off just getting a PSP and delving into the Thousand games that it has. im eyeing the Vita but it just looks like its Dying.

I agree with this, and is something I'm strongly considering doing as well. PSP can do emulators too, you can play gba/snes/etc games, which I don't think is possible on the Vita yet. So with PSP, you get emulators, the entire psp library + the ps1 games, and its much cheaper at the moment. Vita's a cool system but it's still kind of early in the system's life (it's only been out for a little over a year I believe). If you wait, it's only going to get more games, more homebrew options, and cheaper (those overpriced memory cards will probably drop in price too).

User Info: mangaroo

mangaroo
3 years ago#5
I bought two, both new.

mangaroo
3 years ago#6
You can't have enough Vitas.

mangaroo
3 years ago#7
Getting robbed sucks though, sorry to hear that.

User Info: DarkLaguna

DarkLaguna
3 years ago#8
I paid $250 for mine a month after release. And I'd probably do it again, if neccessary. I'm a big fan of digital downloads, and I already had a few from my PSP (yeah, I modded like everyone else, but I actually supported developers that made games I liked), so even with the lackluster starting library, I still had a bunch of PSP and PS1 games to play on it. And now, after a couple awesome games released for Vita (Soul Sacrifice & P4G, mainly), and more on the way, I'd have a hard time giving them up.

So yeah, I'd pay full price for one if necessary, but I would try to get one used if possible, if there was one in decent shape (and a lot of ones you can get locally if you have a local classified ad service, usually throw in all their physical games and accessories as well). I wouldn't do it to support Sony; Their lack of support for the Vita is disheartening. But as I said, there are some great games on the Vita, and some more on the way, that make it worth having one. For me, anyway.

As for getting robbed, that sucks. =( Hopefully you had insurance, and/or they catch the one responsible for it and you get recompensed for everything.
I feel a draft on my butt...

User Info: AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido
3 years ago#9
I paid $350 for my First Edition Bundle at launch. (Though, that's mostly because I had just won $500 from a Super Bowl bet.) Looking at the system now, knowing what games it has and how often I play it, I probably would still spend $250 on a Wi-Fi system, though I understand why most people wouldn't.

It really just depends on how much you value it. If you have a hard time justifying the purchase at $200, then you should probably hold off on it, at least for a while. Most people will argue that it's due for a price drop, fairly soon.
[[Currently Playing]] -- The Last of Us (PS3), Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]

User Info: Yuniuninuniun

Yuniuninuniun
3 years ago#10
Vita has replaced my 3DS as my always carrying device. I missed out on lots of ps1 and psp games and the vita can do those plus the few vita games I want so I get a lot out of mine.

I'd probably pay what I paid $250
Playing: RaiderZ, Monster Hunter Freedom unite, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS FC: 0259-1323-3296
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. How much would you pay for the vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived