Would a 4gb memory card be plenty if you plan on buying physical?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Would a 4gb memory card be plenty if you plan on buying physical?

User Info: cabcalloway1983

cabcalloway1983
4 years ago#1
Don't plan to buy digital much but did have some PSP games and PS1 classics although not many.

User Info: mrjhwar

mrjhwar
4 years ago#2
Need more information.... I'd keep 1 gb free for saves/etc so you have 3 gb for the psp/ps1 games. How much space do those games take up? There is your answer.
Are you wearing garbage, Batman?

User Info: Boney00

Boney00
4 years ago#3
I don't think so. Even if you just have PSP classics and PSone games, some of them are around one gigabytes and that space would get used up fast on a 4gb card.
PSN: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964

User Info: cabcalloway1983

cabcalloway1983
4 years ago#4
But if i don't download any of my old games 4gb would be plenty right?

User Info: mrjhwar

mrjhwar
4 years ago#5
cabcalloway1983 posted...

You mean not download any of the PSP/PS1 games? Then yeah, if you definitely know for sure you're not going to get anything digital, 4gb is obviously enough.
Are you wearing garbage, Batman?

User Info: Eternal_Strike

Eternal_Strike
4 years ago#6
You see sony,proof expensive memory cards ruin the vita.(oh and no games)

User Info: ducklucky

ducklucky
4 years ago#7
Eternal_Strike posted...
You see sony,proof expensive memory cards ruin the vita.(oh and no games)

It's not that bad. I remember the days when a 1gb thumb drive would set you back at least 30 dollars.
---
PSN: Aiustis, XBL: Aiustis, 3DS: 0533-4718-4217

User Info: lordcloudx

lordcloudx
4 years ago#8
I think 8 gb is the safer option if you ever plan on trying out demos as well as purchasing/downloading update patches/dlc since you don't actually get an actual 4 gb of usable space on a 4 gb card.
Paragon of Justice: Crimson Ranger! The Greatest Superhero Never Known http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3028741/1/Paragon-of-Justice-Crimson-Ranger

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 years ago#9
mrjhwar posted...
cabcalloway1983 posted...

You mean not download any of the PSP/PS1 games? Then yeah, if you definitely know for sure you're not going to get anything digital, 4gb is obviously enough.

Then again, some game update takes a lot of space.

-CoD: Over 300 mb
-PSASBR: Almost 900 mb!

Own these two games, and you lose 1.2-1.3 gb.
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
3DS FC: 4339-2730-2396

User Info: AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido
4 years ago#10
My collection is largely physical, and I got a 16 GB card at launch, now I'm regretting not getting the 32.

It depends on what you play, really. I have a PS3, so I have a few cross-buy games that are digital, I have a couple games that were digital-only releases, I have some PSP/PS1 games, and of course there are updates/apps. If you're sure that you're not going to deal with any of the above, 4 GB might be enough, I personally wouldn't go for anything under 8 though.
[[Currently Playing]] -- The Last of Us (PS3), Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Would a 4gb memory card be plenty if you plan on buying physical?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived