Is a Vita worth getting for JRPGs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is a Vita worth getting for JRPGs?

User Info: flamethrowalrus

flamethrowalrus
4 years ago#1
So... I am thinking about getting a Vita.

I obviously realize that this thing is considered a failure everywhere outside of Japan (correct me if I'm wrong).

For me gaming is on handhelds (GBA, DS, 3DS, PSP) and I mainly play Role-Playing Games and Platformers, but also the occasional Fighter. The line-up of JRPGs coming September and onwards looks great, but I am still unsure as the system could die out soon...

Keep in mind that I haven't played much of or any of these series but do you "wise souls on the internet" have any advise?

User Info: lunchEATSyou

lunchEATSyou
4 years ago#2
Alot of Vita rpg's are getting localized in 2014.
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog

User Info: jenrais

jenrais
4 years ago#3
lunchEATSyou posted...

What's a lot?

Demon Gaze and.....

User Info: Rankorr

Rankorr
4 years ago#4
I don't think there's any original or exclusive JRPGs on the Vita yet (In NA anyways). Just Persona 4 Golden, Atelier + and Disgaea 3 (Ragnarok isn't considered a jRGP, right?).

Ys Memories of Celceta is coming out in a couple months, which is the only announced JRPG Vita exclusive coming out this year (Valhalla Knights 3....also not considered "jrpg," amirite??? Man I'm bad at this) that I can think of. Oh, Disgaea 4 I think is getting ported.

I hate to be "that guy" but yeah as of right now, it's mostly ports, remakes etc. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just laying out the info. Hell I'm stoked to play Ys, but even that's a remake---the "true" Falcom version of Ys IV, but a remake nonetheless.

And NO PSP RPGs don't count! >___< Yeah you can play them on the Vita, but you can get a used PSP as low as 1/4th the price of a Vita!!! If you were going to hold out by playing PSP games instead, just get the PSP if you don't already have one (Thought it sounds like you do).

Also, I guess my argument may sound silly since I own a Vita, but honestly I own every system every generation because it's just a thing of mine. I like owning all the systems since I'm a realllllly passionate gamer, I guess it's like a personal pride thing.

TL;DR: No, in my opinion don't buy one JUST yet. Wait until next year, and if only a handful more come out by then, at least that's still more, and hell maybe the price will have dropped for the
Vita by then (#lulzkeepdreamingsonyalwayswinsbaby).

jenrais
4 years ago#5
Rankorr posted...
I don't think there's any original or exclusive JRPGs on the Vita yet (In NA anyways). Just Persona 4 Golden, Atelier + and Disgaea 3 (Ragnarok isn't considered a jRGP, right?).

Ys Memories of Celceta is coming out in a couple months, which is the only announced JRPG Vita exclusive coming out this year (Valhalla Knights 3....also not considered "jrpg," amirite??? Man I'm bad at this) that I can think of. Oh, Disgaea 4 I think is getting ported.

I hate to be "that guy" but yeah as of right now, it's mostly ports, remakes etc. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just laying out the info. Hell I'm stoked to play Ys, but even that's a remake---the "true" Falcom version of Ys IV, but a remake nonetheless.

And NO PSP RPGs don't count! >___< Yeah you can play them on the Vita, but you can get a used PSP as low as 1/4th the price of a Vita!!! If you were going to hold out by playing PSP games instead, just get the PSP if you don't already have one (Thought it sounds like you do).

Also, I guess my argument may sound silly since I own a Vita, but honestly I own every system every generation because it's just a thing of mine. I like owning all the systems since I'm a realllllly passionate gamer, I guess it's like a personal pride thing.

TL;DR: No, in my opinion don't buy one JUST yet. Wait until next year, and if only a handful more come out by then, at least that's still more, and hell maybe the price will have dropped for the
Vita by then (#lulzkeepdreamingsonyalwayswinsbaby).

This. Wait Until Gamescom and TGS to see about JRPGS

User Info: mishimarampoaku

mishimarampoaku
4 years ago#6
jenrais posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...

What's a lot?

Demon Gaze and.....

Other localized Japanese games coming are Holy Sorcery Story (rogue like) and Danganronpa (from creators of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward.

jenrais
4 years ago#7
mishimarampoaku posted...
jenrais posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...

What's a lot?

Demon Gaze and.....

Other localized Japanese games coming are Holy Sorcery Story (rogue like) and Danganronpa (from creators of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward.

Daganropa is a jrpg? I thought it was like Ace Attorney,

ALSO I never knew 999 and Virtue created it.. Definatly getting it now

User Info: mishimarampoaku

mishimarampoaku
4 years ago#8
jenrais posted...
jenrais posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...

What's a lot?

Demon Gaze and.....

Other localized Japanese games coming are Holy Sorcery Story (rogue like) and Danganronpa (from creators of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward).

Danganronpa isn't a JRPG, and it is like Ace Attorney.

User Info: JP_Sartre

JP_Sartre
4 years ago#9
If you want new TB RPG's- NO. The very definition of "RPG" today has become "Mash buttons".
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG

jenrais
4 years ago#10
jenrais posted...
jenrais posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...

What's a lot?

Demon Gaze and.....

Other localized Japanese games coming are Holy Sorcery Story (rogue like) and Danganronpa (from creators of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward).

Danganronpa isn't a JRPG, and it is like Ace Attorney.

He was talking about JRPGS so I was confused =p
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is a Vita worth getting for JRPGs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived