How does the exclusivity of Monster Hunter work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. How does the exclusivity of Monster Hunter work?

User Info: vazurahan

vazurahan
4 years ago#1
So Monster Hunter 4 is exclusive to Nintendo 3DS.

But Monster Hunter Frontier G is released for PC and XBOX 360 and to be released for PS3 and Wii U.

Does that mean Nintendo was only able to acquire Monster Hunter 4 as exclusive? And does that mean that the Vita also have the chance of getting Monster Hunter Frontier G?

User Info: Noivern

Noivern
4 years ago#2
I think everyone is aware that Playstation Pets for Vita is Sony's counterattack to Monster Hunter 4.

User Info: grangia

grangia
4 years ago#3
As far as we know, there is no "exclusive contract." That's just fanboys on both sides being conspiracy theorists. Though if there is an official source that I didn't know about, feel free to point it out.

Otherwise, it's just that Capcom feels it'll sell more on the 3DS and they want money, but they're ok with letting the non-main game come out on the other consoles. In other words, they're just doing what a third party is free to do: pick and choose.
http://app.sketchclub.com/user/10083807
PSN:Dr-Toszi

User Info: vazurahan

vazurahan
4 years ago#4
grangia posted...
As far as we know, there is no "exclusive contract." That's just fanboys on both sides being conspiracy theorists. Though if there is an official source that I didn't know about, feel free to point it out.

Otherwise, it's just that Capcom feels it'll sell more on the 3DS and they want money, but they're ok with letting the non-main game come out on the other consoles. In other words, they're just doing what a third party is free to do: pick and choose.

Really? There's no exclusivity contract?

Wouldn't it sell a lot more if it's multiplatform?

User Info: BlackBloodDrago

BlackBloodDrago
4 years ago#5
The capcom and nintendo contract about monster hunter is indeed a rumor. However its a strong rumor given than sony did not want to support the globalization of monster hunter and insisted capcom to pay for everything if they wanted such thing. So without sony supporting MH outside of Japan, capcom looked else where and that's when nintendo said "hey we will help you globalize monster hunter!" with open arms. Then with the exlusiveness of MH4 the rumors began to surface since nintendo is known to not let go of exclusives easily, such as Resident evil Revalations which had a one year contract with nintendo. of course knowing capcom they will port the **** out of MH4G when it comes out since any possible contract would have expired by then.
FC: 3480-3950-4456 Official Arcanine Master of Pokemon X/Y
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers

User Info: elbarto1

elbarto1
4 years ago#6
vazurahan posted...
grangia posted...

Really? There's no exclusivity contract?

Wouldn't it sell a lot more if it's multiplatform?

Perhaps. MH likes to rebrand the same/similar games to sell multiple copies to the same person though it seems. See; Tri, 3U, 3 unlimited.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY

User Info: trancejeremy

trancejeremy
4 years ago#7
There's no exclusivity, Capcom just thinks it would work better on one handheld, because the game is mostly played in Japan via local co-op. People get together and play it while on lunch break or after school/work.

If they put it on two different devices, they are basically splitting the market, yet probably not going to boost sales much. Since if you are a MH fan, you'll buy a 3DS to play it on most likely

User Info: lninjasonicl

lninjasonicl
4 years ago#8
I might be in the minority, but I like the monster hunter clones better than monster hunter itself.

I tried MH several times on PSP and on Wii U and it just is not for me. I am happy we have God Eater 2 ( even if it doesn't get localized ;_; ) and Ragnarok Odyssey, as I prefer those more anyways.
When people get a little too chummy with me I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don't really care about them

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
4 years ago#9
The original rumour/leak of Monster Hunter IV Nintendo exclusivity was from a reputable source who had their information correct in the past. This same person divulged the 3DS XL/LL rumour a month in advance and informed us about the "prolific 7th entry in a jrpg series coming to the 3DS" about 10 months before Dragon Quest VII was announced. The aforementioned exclusivity deal stipulates that Monster Hunter IV will be a timed Nintendo exclusive for a duration of three years. This was only applicable to that game, not others in the series. I'm sure that we'll eventually have an enhanced version of the game announced in a year or two.

Interestingly, Mirror of Fate HD was announced yesterday. This was a timed Nintendo exclusive that is now coming to all systems except the Vita. Allegedly, in the original timed exclusive deal Nintendo stipulated that it can appear on any system except the Vita. I'm not sure if I believe that however.
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. How does the exclusivity of Monster Hunter work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived