About charging an European Vita abroad.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. About charging an European Vita abroad.

User Info: fubji18

fubji18
3 years ago#1
I have a question for European gamers who travel with their Vita.
Can you charge it in countries like US and Japan? Obviously, the plugs are completely different but will a simple adapter do the trick? Or do I need a voltage convertor?

Thanks!

User Info: SASLiquid

SASLiquid
3 years ago#2
Should be fine, I havent taken my vita off the continent yet but it worked in spain. Shouldnt make a difference with a adapter, I bought my og ds in usa and charged it 99% of its life through a uk adapter
"Hello" Me and a lot of other people

User Info: sonicster2002

sonicster2002
3 years ago#3
I'm not entirely sure. I imported an American 3DS (I live in Australia) and I brought an Australian charger, which works fine. You might want to try buying a region specific charger if you can.
http://xkcd.com/386/

fubji18
3 years ago#4
Yeah, buying a charger while in Japan might be a solution if my euro charge doesn't work.

SASLiquid posted...
Should be fine, I havent taken my vita off the continent yet but it worked in spain. Shouldnt make a difference with a adapter, I bought my og ds in usa and charged it 99% of its life through a uk adapter

Thing is, Europe (and Australia) use ~240V. But US and Japan use ~100V. So I was having doubt about plugging a 240V charger on a 100V socket.

User Info: Chipofthehead

Chipofthehead
3 years ago#5
It'll work fine so long as you have the correct plug, ps vita charging "bricks" are multi voltage and wil take anything between 100v and 240v.
Now I like Storm 1 and I also like Phoenix Wright, but which one's better? There's only one way to find out....FIGHT!

fubji18
3 years ago#6
I already have the right adapters so it should be OK. Thanks !
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. About charging an European Vita abroad.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived