A UMD drive in the Vita TV device would have made it absolutely perfect.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. A UMD drive in the Vita TV device would have made it absolutely perfect.

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
3 years ago#1
I was a little skeptical when I first saw it announced, but it's a pretty nifty device. This system has an amazing price point and it could potentially drastically increase sales of Vita software and the Vita brand install base as a whole.

Unfortunately, there's one slight omission that would have made this thingy perfect, a UMD drive. While UMD is a failed technology, it would have been a perfect inclusion for this device. I'm sure that we have tons of PSP UMD game discs that we'd love to see on a large screen television. Just imagine how nice it would be to have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep or (despite my dislike of it) Crisis Core on such a screen and the ability to use a Dual Shock controller. This is a regrettable omission, but perhaps if it's successful a new model of it could potentially include it. :-)
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: gldoorii

gldoorii
3 years ago#2
I remember when I would hook my PSP Go up to the TV and use the DS3 to control it
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix

Lord_Vishana
3 years ago#3
gldoorii posted...
I remember when I would hook my PSP Go up to the TV and use the DS3 to control it

I didn't realize that was possible. I never purchased the PSP Go however, just the 3000 model.
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: mike_411

mike_411
3 years ago#4
Yeah that sounds like a good idea, especially since psp games are STILL selling over there.
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
3 years ago#5
UMDs all being digitalized during the PSP Go age would have been a lot better idea. who the hell ****ed up so bad in the past, most of us are still suffering because of that.
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake

User Info: krizz07

krizz07
3 years ago#6
This topic just reminds me of my anger towards sony for not doing a UMD-to-digital transfer of games in NA like how they did with Japan. THANKS A LOT VISH >:(

Lord_Vishana
3 years ago#7
VegantoKeens posted...
UMDs all being digitalized during the PSP Go age would have been a lot better idea. who the hell ****ed up so bad in the past, most of us are still suffering because of that.

Actually, there is a device that allows you to convert UMD into digital. Unfortunately, it's only available in Japan. Everyone should have the ability to take advantage of it. :-(

krizz07 posted...
This topic just reminds me of my anger towards sony for not doing a UMD-to-digital transfer of games in NA like how they did with Japan. THANKS A LOT VISH >:(

I got Froakie'd lol.

Sorry. :-(

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
3 years ago#8
id love it especially since one of my favorite psp games was taken off the US store (phantasy star portable 2)
Pear into Peaches!
(message deleted)

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
3 years ago#10
Japan has that? They can play BbS and CC on a Vita? Lucky bastards.
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. A UMD drive in the Vita TV device would have made it absolutely perfect.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived