I'm a PlayStation Fanboy, and I still don't like the Vita that much

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I'm a PlayStation Fanboy, and I still don't like the Vita that much

User Info: JackyBoyJaneyGi

JackyBoyJaneyGi
3 years ago#1
I know this is blasphemy for me to say, but the PlayStation Vita is so far a mediocre console. It can't play PlayStation Portable games which is a big disappointment. There also isn't that many good games for it yet. I mean sure the graphics on the Vita look good, but I think it's overpriced and isn't worth the money. I'd much rather buy a Nintendo 3DS which has the stronger library of games and can play old Nintendo DS games if I want to play Zelda or Mario.

And yes, I am a PlayStation fanboy, I stuck with PlayStation since the beginning. I actually think the original PlayStation is the greatest console in history due to its amazing library of games. I loved the PlayStation 2 because it could play PS1 and PS2 games, it also had a built in DVD player which was new at the time. I was somewhat skeptical about the PlayStation 3 at first due to it's high asking price and slow library games for the first two years of release. But the library of the PlayStation 3 greatly improved and I now think it's the best console of the 7th generation due to it's built in Blu-ray player, game discs that never scratch, free online gaming, a great library of PS One classics off the PlayStation Network, a solid controller and amazing exclusives such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, The Last of Us and many others.

The PlayStation 4 to me looks like the console to buy in the 8th generation being more powerful and cheaper than the Xbox One and all I need is just a controller. For the Xbox One, you need a controller and a camera. Sure the Xbox One originally had a ton of restriction that have since been lifted after major controversy, it's still not enough to make me buy an Xbox One over a PlayStation 4. It's a disappointment that online games won't be free on the PlayStation 4 and that is really the PlayStation 4's only downside so far.

Here's to another great generation of video games.

User Info: RadKickAss

RadKickAss
3 years ago#2
Good story.
TO MICHAEL!
PSN: RadKickAss // 3DS: 0662-2594-4115

User Info: Rjmhart

Rjmhart
3 years ago#3
Any reason why the Vita can't end up exactly like your description of the ps3?
Psn: big_bob002

User Info: hikarux3

hikarux3
3 years ago#4
cool story bro, need more dragon and stuff

JackyBoyJaneyGi
3 years ago#5
Rjmhart posted...
Any reason why the Vita can't end up exactly like your description of the ps3?

I never said the Vita failed, it's just off to a slow start so far.

User Info: Hardley_Smith

Hardley_Smith
3 years ago#6
new and interesting topic

User Info: jazzlover511

jazzlover511
3 years ago#7
Who said Vita can't play PSP games?
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.

User Info: OzzieArcane

OzzieArcane
3 years ago#8
jazzlover511 posted...

I think he means it can't use the UMDs. You'd have to rebuy anything you didn't already own digitally.
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com

JackyBoyJaneyGi
3 years ago#9
OzzieArcane posted...
jazzlover511 posted...

I think he means it can't use the UMDs. You'd have to rebuy anything you didn't already own digitally.

I don't feel like buying digital copies off the PlayStation Network when I have the UMD copy. I'm not buying 'Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories' again. And I have to buy a large memory card to hold all the games which is annoying. It's better to just buy the UMD copies.

User Info: SuperDogqHD

SuperDogqHD
3 years ago#10
Based on title: Welcome to the club TC
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I'm a PlayStation Fanboy, and I still don't like the Vita that much

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived