So, why did YOU buy a Vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So, why did YOU buy a Vita?

User Info: gadgaurd

gadgaurd
4 years ago#1
In my case, having skipped out on the PS3/Xbox360/Wii generation of consoles(do to my current living conditions, consoles would be a pain in the ass to maintain), every game on the Vita, minus P4G, was something I'd never even heard of. A good number of the games interest me, as well as a number of confirmed and possible localizations(and, like, 3 indies). The other handheld on the market, the 3DS, doesn't reach my minimum of 10 games I would buy to get it. And as a PSP owner who loves buying digitally, the Vita's ability to play PSP games was a bonus. These four reasons made buying the Vita a no brained, but of course since I'm a cheap bastard I held out 'till my PSP started crapping out. Lucky me, it didn't get serious until I'd gotten a job.

tl;dr: Didn't own a PS3/360/Wii, 3DS doesn't have enough games that interest me, Vita has numerous games and upcoming titles that do, BC with digital PSP games is sexy.
Vesna esta holicia.

User Info: MarkthePhoenix

MarkthePhoenix
4 years ago#2
Persona 4 Golden.

Then other beauties came in like Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice. Those two took me by surprise, since I love playing the so much.

User Info: Awesomest_Prime

Awesomest_Prime
4 years ago#3
To play the games available on it and for portability.
It's so sunny today.
Drakengard 3 will be coming to Europe and North America in 2014.

User Info: MarkthePhoenix

MarkthePhoenix
4 years ago#4
Oh, and expect Compass to come in with Vitasurance in about a few hours or so.

User Info: gadgaurd

gadgaurd
4 years ago#5
MarkthePhoenix posted...
Oh, and expect Compass to come in with Vitasurance in about a few hours or so.

...Hahaha, oh boy. I can't wait. ;)
Vesna esta holicia.

User Info: Klon_Redfield

Klon_Redfield
4 years ago#6
P4G was the only reason until PS+ arrived, I bought mine like two days after the first 6 games became available to members.
Playing: Etrian Odyssey III (DS), TLoZ: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Valdis Story (PC)

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
4 years ago#7
3DS gives me horrible hand cramps after 10-15 minutes play-time even with Circle Pad Pro. Vita doesn't even if I don't use my Nyko Power Grip.

Not much of a fan of Nintendo's exclusives/first party titles. They can still get me with Metroid but they don't bring those out very often. Bayonetta 2 will be why I get a Wii U though. I tend to like Sony exclusives more and the Vita's (small) library has a handful of games that make the system very much worth it.

I work night shift and have a lot of downtime. I need a portable gaming system that isn't a phone.

User Info: j2zon2591

j2zon2591
4 years ago#8
PSP 3K owner
PJD fan

I thought it'd perform "similarly/exactly" like the PSP but it didn't/doesn't have anything like FF:CC announced (exclusive, 3rd party, high budget portable entry).

PS+ was also a nice service (I am also a PS3 owner and future PS4).

User Info: Omega_Black

Omega_Black
4 years ago#9
I thought it would be a fun platform to have.
Unfortunately, it's more or less an expensive paper weight. It's sad because I had such high hopes for it. =(
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168

User Info: BramStark

BramStark
4 years ago#10
My grandma was supposed to give me a PSP as a gift for my graduation.. She bought a Vita instead.
Now Playing: Beyond: Two Souls(PS3) ~ Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland(VITA)
PSN: BramStark
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So, why did YOU buy a Vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived