About to create a new account

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. About to create a new account

User Info: FinalBlink2009

FinalBlink2009
2 years ago#1
Having lived in the UK all my life, my PSN has a lot of games and trophies. I recently moved permanently to the USA and while buying physical games hasn't been a problem, with Final Fantasy X-2 being digital only, Ive decided to bite the bullet and create a NA account.

Of course I know the Vita will not allow me to have simultaneous accounts on the Vita so the decision didn't come easily. Luckily when it comes to time to get a PS3 I will be able to log into my old EU account and re-download my PSN games and then use my US account to play on them which isn't too bad. As my American Wife put it: "just means you can get the trophies all over again"

Now onto my question, I fully intend to back up my Vita on my PC before I reset it in order to put my NA account onto it.

What I am asking is, once I have done all this, would I be able to transfer my games from my PC back onto my Vita with the new account? I have a few PS1 Classics (FF7,8,9, MGS1, Resident Evil etc) which I would love to still play on my Vita.

Worse comes to worse, I can re-buy these PS1 games off the NA store when they have a sale (they probably are cheap as hell by now as it is), I just wanted to ask.

User Info: tuna-egg

tuna-egg
2 years ago#2
All games are account-locked, so if you bought those PS1 games using your UK PSN account, you will not be able to transfer them to your NA account PS Vita.

User Info: FinalBlink2009

FinalBlink2009
2 years ago#3
"sighs" ok, thankyou for clearing that up for me. Looks like ill have to re-buy them at some point then
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. About to create a new account

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived