Is there any point to buying a Vita, anymore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is there any point to buying a Vita, anymore?

User Info: ponyseizures

ponyseizures
3 years ago#1
I want to, I have PS Plus and could start downloading games. But the only game I truly care about on the system is Persona 4 Golden. And that's just an updated remaster.

No other games. Tearaway looks neat, but there's no plot and I feel like I would get tired especially fast. Zero's Escape I already own on 3DS. I'll give that the Ys game seems intriguing.

There's not much for the future either. Tales of Hearts R has no dub. Borderlands 2 is already on the PS3 for me. And what's left? Persona 4 Dancing All Night? Even if I bought all these games, there's the memory card issue and all and all and all.
Snapchat me! @nayov
I'll register that as a new quest.

User Info: hustlin_pimpste

hustlin_pimpste
3 years ago#2
You've answered your own question. You see nothing of note for it both now an in the future. Where do we go from here?

Edit: Your username seems suspiciously "baity" to me, but hey ho, answer your question I did.
CHEEKI BREEKI!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_p20lHqtA

User Info: krizz07

krizz07
3 years ago#3
Yes there is... but for you, no. Now you can move on with your life.

User Info: RetroStorm

RetroStorm
3 years ago#4
Ah, only a matter of time before the Vita hating trolls (who strangely visit this board religiously) jump in.
Foremost a handheld gamer, collector and player of games for the following: Nintendo 2DS, DSi, Sony PSP & Vita. Also own Sony PS1, PS3 and PC.

User Info: NathanisDrake

NathanisDrake
3 years ago#5
Sony has made it clear to us that there are none.

...Aside from remote-play, of course.
4770K | MSI GTX 780 OC | 8GB 2133 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | ASRock Z87E-ITX | Corsair 650W | Corsair Obsidian 250D m-ITX
PC + 3DS Master Race

User Info: BlackBloodDrago

BlackBloodDrago
3 years ago#6
There is more games in existence than those TC, ask around or do a google search. You'll see.
DarkGun 3DS FC:3480-3950-4456 PS Vita PSN: DarkGun--
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers

User Info: RedEnsign

RedEnsign
3 years ago#7
Sounds like any console isn't for you. Going by your taste you'd be lucky to find 1 game every 6 months on all platforms combined.
I couldn't believe the company I work for sold EA exclusive rights to make Star Wars games. Then I realized when they fail, we still get paid. Well played Bob.

User Info: razisgosu

razisgosu
3 years ago#8
There's plenty of reasons. Games. Games, more games. Go get em.

User Info: LeFeverBeaver

LeFeverBeaver
3 years ago#9
I try to look at the Vita holistically, not only for its "Vita exclusives" or AAA games.

I really enjoy many of the indie games, as well as PSP and PS1 - not to mention there are TONS of Vita games that are worth playing. PSMobile games are really nothing more than a short distraction, but they're there as well.

Perhaps you have unrealistic/skewed expectations. Lots of good reasons to own a Vita, my friend, lots :)
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@MrMediocrity; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
Vita Phat, Vita Slim, 3DS: Any questions?

User Info: Miragecg

Miragecg
3 years ago#10
NathanisDrake posted...
Sony has made it clear to us that there are none.

...Aside from remote-play, of course.

It's seems it wasn't clear enough for you. Yoshida said : No more Western AAA for the Vita and... Nothing else.
There is still Firt Party Japanese game (from Japan Studio), Third party Game, indies and as a bonus Remote play and PS Now.

I say not bad ^^
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is there any point to buying a Vita, anymore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived