So why do people not like 10-2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So why do people not like 10-2?

User Info: emonkster115

emonkster115
3 years ago#31
because it was fan service

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
3 years ago#32
Great battle system and take on the job system (minus the transformations you can turn off), awesome option of New Game+ (that all FF games should have). Then the positives end as even the music is mostly subpar and it's a mess everywhere else. The game is even outright cringeworthy at various points even considering the fact it's a JRPG.
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.

User Info: Taaron

Taaron
3 years ago#33
I can't think of a single thing I liked about the game. Story was bad, characters that were decent before were now bad, side quests and mini games weren't enjoyable, and for a turn based game the battle was too chaotic to enjoy.
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.

User Info: rtkamb1770

rtkamb1770
3 years ago#34
I think it has to do with the beginning being so offsetting to so many people. Personally I thought it was significantly better than it's predecessor.

User Info: badboy

badboy
3 years ago#35
Some people didn't like to play as girls only. Other than that, the game actually has better gameplay than the first one, but the story is not as good.

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
3 years ago#36
The story, characters, and writing are some of the worst in the history of mankind! Have you gotten to the part where they throw a dance party yet!? Its not FF, its Charlies Angels meets Barbie

User Info: TerryJ999

TerryJ999
3 years ago#37
Weird ass story.
Weird ass characters.
Nothing made sense.
They fell off big time.
I'm the beast that hunts in the darkness now. I'm the monster who even monsters fear. I'm the White Tiger!
-Ava Ayala

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
3 years ago#38
It's one of my least favorite Final Fantasies. To be fair I think part of it has to do with my play style but still. Let me describe what I didn't like about it:

Didn't like the story You start the game trying to get back Tidus, okay I'm fine with that. Then the story completely deviates from that, which is fine I guess but I didn't like where it went. And finally at the end Tidus comes back for literally no explainable reason. I guess I just felt the story should have been about getting Tidus back. If they wanted to do something else than fine but why bring Tidus back at all then?

I found certain scenes to be absolutely cringe worthy (and that doesn't happen to me often). The freaking concert in the Thunder Plains, most embarrassing thing in a video game I've ever seen.

Trying to get 100% was just awful. I realize now that I was probably going about it wrong and that I should have planned multiple playthroughs from the beginning but trying to get 100% in one playthrough was painful. It's so easy to make a stupid little mistake that screws you over, and a lot of the side quests are painfully boring (I'm looking at you PR and Wedding quests).

The battle system, which is often considered a strong point, I didn't love. My main problem is that I don't like switching jobs, I'm this way in III and V too but it's not such a big deal then. I want to master a job before I move on to something else but playing that way I'm the same job for the entire game. Literally my first playthrough I think Rikku was a thief the entire game.

And that about sums it up. I know some of these might just be personal problems and that's fine but the game just didn't appeal to me. I'll be trying it again soon since I bought X/X-2 though, we'll see if that changes my mind at all.
http://psnprofiles.com/coreekymon
3DS FC: 3695-0124-0339

User Info: TerryJ999

TerryJ999
3 years ago#39
The only great thing about that game was the opening credits. Reminded me of FF 8. S*** got me hyped then everything went south after I press start then new game.
I'm the beast that hunts in the darkness now. I'm the monster who even monsters fear. I'm the White Tiger!
-Ava Ayala

User Info: Arn544

Arn544
3 years ago#40
Saienu posted...
Battle system is fun, the writing is cringe-level awful all the way through.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So why do people not like 10-2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived