VITA owners, would you buy a PS4 GO?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. VITA owners, would you buy a PS4 GO?

User Info: Oliman

Oliman
8 months ago#1
Suppose Sony came out with a tablet-shaped PS4 controller that could download your PS4 games. It would be a perfect portable "remote play" option that would work anywhere and not be dependent on streaming over internet.

Is this something you would buy?
Would VITA compatibility be a must for you?

Sound off below.
Owner of a 3DS, Vita, PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One
Currently Playing: Yooka Laylee (PS4), Mario Sports Superstars (3DS)

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
8 months ago#2
What would compatibility with PS4 games be like? Would you put disks directly into it? Would it just be a Vita that played disks instead of carts? It's too vague to make an informed decision.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Dungeon Travelers 2,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
8 months ago#3
I would buy a portable PS4 that played digital PS4 games. Vita compatibility not needed since I have a portable device capable of playing those games already.
Proud winner of every Console War.

User Info: Oliman

Oliman
8 months ago#4
Sethman409 posted...
What would compatibility with PS4 games be like? Would you put disks directly into it? Would it just be a Vita that played disks instead of carts? It's too vague to make an informed decision.

I'm thinking they could have two versions.
A cheaper one that just plays games from your digital library.
And maybe a more expensive one that can also play discs.
Owner of a 3DS, Vita, PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One
Currently Playing: Yooka Laylee (PS4), Mario Sports Superstars (3DS)

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
8 months ago#5
No, because that would limit me to digital copies. Also, how would it be designed? Would it be dorky looking like this?

http://gameranx.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/lnNGi44.gif

If so, no thanks.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
8 months ago#6
Not really sold on the tablet with controllers design. I need something I can fit in a briefcase with ease

User Info: Kindred

Kindred
8 months ago#7
the switch has terrible ergonomics and anybody who likes tablet-like devices for handheld gaming is stupid

User Info: fiyeroatheart

fiyeroatheart
8 months ago#8
Yes, kind of.

The only problem with portable games going forward is how bulky/uncomfortable a handheld would need to be to play the same types of games available on a modern day home console.....

I kind of think the Vita hit the sweet spot in regards to design, comfort, and quality of games it can play....

Just look at the Switch, that s*** looks uncomfortable as hell to play on.......

Now if companies like Sony could massively improve the quality of streaming devices and streaming play i could see a streaming device being possible in the future......basically like an accessory to your home console that lets you fully stream games in near perfect quality on a portable device....
Currently Playing: The Nonary Games (Vita), Persona 5 (PS4)

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
8 months ago#9
Table seems not pocktable to me, like a Wii U tablet. That's not really something I can bring around with me easily, nor can I play it unobtrusively.

I might buy something like that if there were enough PS4 games I wanted to play. So far, PS4 has zero exclusives, out or announced, in which I'm interested.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: Braev

Braev
8 months ago#10
Like the size of a Nintendo Switch? Sure. Much bigger than that and probably not.
Justice has prevailed.
http://i.imgur.com/0xWR3sB.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. VITA owners, would you buy a PS4 GO?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived