Where to get a Vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Where to get a Vita?

User Info: Oneform

Oneform
4 months ago#1
Hi, so for some time I have thought about getting a Vita.

When it comes to a new console I want to purchase the product new, not overly keen on buying certain products second hand.

In the UK we are limited options so started to look into this and it's as if it has been discontinued.

Game stores - no branches have a new one
Argos - don't sale the product
No supermarkets seem to sell it.
I can't find it anywhere.

I even looked on eBay and Amazon but could only find one new Vita for £350 when it retails in the UK for £180 new.

Does anyone know where I can get a new one for a decent price in the UK or can get one online and can set it up considering the only language I speak is English?
The fine line between honour and vengeance will be crossed by one.
You went full bigfoot, you never go full bigfoot.

User Info: rstewart00

rstewart00
4 months ago#2
not sure getting new ones is hard since i believe they stopped production but not sure, might have to settle for used, i have a hard time finding one new also since i thought about getting a back up incase one of my two crap out

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 months ago#3
Regardless of where you buy it from, the first thing a brand new Vita will ask you about is which language you want to use. So, it doesn't matter where you buy it from, you will be able to use it in English regardless. You probably won't find cheap ones in Europe brand new at this point so your choices are Asia or used. The console is region free.

The downsides to importing is warranty issues might be hard to deal with and the minor inconvenience of certain system menus using X and O the opposite way of what you're used to from western PlayStations.
http://i.imgur.com/z945MjU.jpg

User Info: game player s

game player s
4 months ago#4
rstewart00 posted...
not sure getting new ones is hard since i believe they stopped production but not sure, might have to settle for used, i have a hard time finding one new also since i thought about getting a back up incase one of my two crap out

Production has not stopped, but distribution outside of Asia has dried up. Your best bet is to order a new one out of Japan or Southeast Asia through Amazon.com... or in your case through Amazon.co.uk.

Sony has been very secretive as to why they have stopped offering new systems for distribution outside of Asia. But on the plus side when you order one out of Asia/Japan there are around a dozen different system color options to choose from.
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

User Info: DominiqueT

DominiqueT
4 months ago#5
Import should be cheaper so just do that

User Info: Oneform

Oneform
4 months ago#6
Thanks for all the advice people.

I did see some in unique colour options (some good) from Play Asia and the retail value was quite cheap. I'm going to check Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk over the next few days but believe I will probably settle with Play Asia.
The fine line between honour and vengeance will be crossed by one.
You went full bigfoot, you never go full bigfoot.

User Info: Darkrobotisback

Darkrobotisback
4 months ago#7
Hell, make a contract with Satan...
He has a powerful opinion. He charges a million a s*** post. An troll that's second to none, The Man With The Golden Keyboard! http://imgur.com/a/zBvzx

User Info: J_B

J_B
4 months ago#8
INKU48 posted...
The downsides to importing is warranty issues might be hard to deal with and the minor inconvenience of certain system menus using X and O the opposite way of what you're used to from western PlayStations.

I think you can change this
jb08045.deviantart.com/art/Madoka-s-Dinner-513761540 -Out weeb me
Ever reject your Senran's kiss? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifIlTOi7qg4

User Info: DominiqueT

DominiqueT
4 months ago#9
Oneform posted...
Thanks for all the advice people.

I did see some in unique colour options (some good) from Play Asia and the retail value was quite cheap. I'm going to check Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk over the next few days but believe I will probably settle with Play Asia.

Amazon jp should be cheaper and faster, for one they only use fed ex for international deliveries and they charge 10 dollars for shipping

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 months ago#10
J_B posted...
INKU48 posted...

I think you can change this

You can swap the function of O and X completely so that the console will always interpret an X as an O but that's not really practical. That means most UK games would have you pressing O to confirm and X to go back so then the problems is in games instead of the rarely used system menus. In QTEs you will also have to press X if it tells you to press O and vice versa.
http://i.imgur.com/z945MjU.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Where to get a Vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived