What's the verdict on Civ Rev 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What's the verdict on Civ Rev 2?

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
3 months ago#1
I've played the core Civ games on and off over the years, and I really enjoyed Civ Rev, I think it did 'dumb' things down a bit too much, but even still, it was really solid, compelling and fun.

So what's the verdict on part 2? I know it's only a dollar on the Humble Bundle so I might just get it regardless, but space on my memory cards is becoming a premium, and I have a TON of game, so I'm trying to be as picky as possible these days.
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
3 months ago#2
I want to know this too, and I'm in the same boat, I pretty much have 7 gb left
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: DominiqueT

DominiqueT
3 months ago#3
Check a review on youtube then?
VN's that need to be ported to consoles
https://imgur.com/a/f4zav

User Info: omescythe

omescythe
3 months ago#4
so as an off and on casual civ player its more basic civ. still fun going for the nuke or beating them to space. the game is under 500mb. lots of in game trophy to go for. you got good amount of leaders to pick from with a few to unlock. the only inconvenient issue of the game is selecting units for movement or action you use the dpad to cycle through them to select instead of touching them. still overall its good old civ fun.

User Info: Lightwarrior11

Lightwarrior11
3 months ago#5
I loved Civ Rev 1 on the NDS, but I thought 2 on the VITA was unplayable. Everything is uglier, stupider, slower, and glitchier. Most reviewers were lukewarm about it, but I outright loathed Civ Rev 2. I don't see any reason to ever play it when Civ Rev 1 exists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0T6SjHejw

User Info: jumper1234

jumper1234
3 months ago#6
Civ Rev 2 is a nice way to spend time. It's a fun game, and plays like the 360 or PS3 version of Civ Rev 1. That being said, this game is an upgraded port of a smart phone game, so it will feel like a smart phone game at points. Plus, the game barely uses any space on the memory card, about 400-500mb of space.
RIP Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

User Info: Zodasaur

Zodasaur
3 months ago#7
jumper1234 posted...
Civ Rev 2 is a nice way to spend time. It's a fun game, and plays like the 360 or PS3 version of Civ Rev 1. That being said, this game is an upgraded port of a smart phone game, so it will feel like a smart phone game at points. Plus, the game barely uses any space on the memory card, about 400-500mb of space.

500MB is not barely any space. Do you even have a Vita? Vita memory cards start a 4GB, and this game takes up an entire quarter of that space. Retro City Rampage and Downwell would be considered small Vita games, but not Civ by any stretch of the Imagination.

User Info: nathanvosgerau

nathanvosgerau
3 months ago#8
Zodasaur posted...
jumper1234 posted...

500MB is not barely any space. Do you even have a Vita? Vita memory cards start a 4GB, and this game takes up an entire quarter of that space. Retro City Rampage and Downwell would be considered small Vita games, but not Civ by any stretch of the Imagination.

I'm sorry to have to point this out but 500/4096 is not a quarter, it's an 8th o.0
Latest Get: http://imgur.com/i8dptcv
MAL: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vosgy?status=7

User Info: Zodasaur

Zodasaur
3 months ago#9
nathanvosgerau posted...
Zodasaur posted...
jumper1234 posted...

I'm sorry to have to point this out but 500/4096 is not a quarter, it's an 8th o.0

Oh yeah you're quite right. Math isn't my strongest area for sure lol. I guess that is somewhat smallish.

User Info: jumper1234

jumper1234
3 months ago#10
Zodasaur posted...
jumper1234 posted...

I actually do have a Vita, and this is one of my smallest Vita games on it. I have about 20 games on my Vita.
RIP Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What's the verdict on Civ Rev 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived