the FFX games and world of FF.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. the FFX games and world of FF.

User Info: RJP_X

RJP_X
3 months ago#1
are these any good? its been years since i played the FF X games, i remember the story being interesting. although certain boss fights being a bit tough. like i think some seymour? fights, and the final boss before the final boss. well, the vita collection is on sale, but not sure if i should just wait and see whats on next weeks flash sale.

also, is sora from KH's playable in world of FF? i heard he was DLC but don't see it listed on the PS Store.
''Never lenient... On your zenith.'' -Cam'ron
PSN: RJP_X

User Info: fiyeroatheart

fiyeroatheart
3 months ago#2
RJP_X posted...
are these any good? its been years since i played the FF X games, i remember the story being interesting. although certain boss fights being a bit tough. like i think some seymour? fights, and the final boss before the final boss. well, the vita collection is on sale, but not sure if i should just wait and see whats on next weeks flash sale.

also, is sora from KH's playable in world of FF? i heard he was DLC but don't see it listed on the PS Store.

Sora is not playable, he is basically a summon spell. Any of the FF characters from older games are just summons in World of FF. However some of the well known summons from the franchise are playable.....like Ifrit, Ramuh, and Shiva...
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age(PS4), Tales of Zestiria (PS4), Final Fantasy Tactics WOTL (PSP)

User Info: gadgaurd

gadgaurd
3 months ago#3
Gameplay wise, all three games are solid. FFX is probably the most bland of the bunch, but the challenge is decent and the options varied. Story wise, none of them are particularly amazing. X-2 and World have the benefit of being more laid back overall. As for Sora, he was a limited time summon in WoFF. No longer available, but you can still get Balthier who, afaik, straight up outclasses Sora.
Eternal Gust: Now a Social Board.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1079-eternal-gust

User Info: echa_One

echa_One
3 months ago#4
They're great. Story bosses can be defeated easily by maxing all aeons' overdrive gauge, just unleash them all at once.
http://psnprofiles.com/echa_One

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
3 months ago#5
If you played the North American version of FFX & FFX-2 back in the day, these are the international versions with a HD update & extra content.
Differences are listed in the HD remaster sections:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X/Version_differences
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2/Version_differences

User Info: siberian142

siberian142
3 months ago#6
They're all great games, probably some of the best RPGs the Vita has to offer.

User Info: SenorGauntlet

SenorGauntlet
3 months ago#7
FFX is one of the greatest of all time imo
X2 is something I try not to think about
WoFF is brilliant and packed with content but brought down by literally endless, awful dialog and zero challenge but still strongly recommended
Really you can't go wrong picking up VII-X and WoFF.
strike a pose
http://i.imgur.com/logkNxA.gif

User Info: travlr

travlr
3 months ago#8
FFX was a good game
I liked WOFF your pokestyle meets final fantasy type game.
FFX-2 I have always felt it was trying to be like the Charlie Angels movie remake. it was ultra cheesy

User Info: darkzero000

darkzero000
3 months ago#9
World of FF is fun, a little grinding and capture them all theme, and you sure can enjoy trying out your team with all the monster. All thing in this world is new, yet all over it is something pop in from others FF. Kind of funny how you know Bomb like to blow themselves up, then capture one and having one over your own head. Story is original, music is good as any FF goes, good for small pass time gaming session.

FFX is story-wise very good, and hour-long playing the game is recommened. It's for the travel that you have with those character. Dig around the world to see how people suffer, how people try to uphold hope, and how people make all kind of hope. Death is the theme, but smile in his face is the spirit. You make the game world move, you see the end coming, you choose to make all the mess in preparation, including riding a chocobo race, or dodge 200 lightning. Have mercy on us all.

FFX-2, kind of running around and have all kind of exploration, solving conflict game. You have active battle, class change, cloth change, boss fight, minigame and all 3 girls-only team. Not much story, but you have the impression on a world after a big change, now bustling with trying for new thing, hold up old thing, and some criminal take advantage everywhere.

If you like RPG and FF series, you will find all 3 very nice to play. FFX is best choice, as it's on sales on PSN, combo with FFX-2. WOFF has a day one edition, come with JPN voice and other benefit, which price is even lower than digital copy.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 months ago#10
FFX is masterful.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. the FFX games and world of FF.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived