Can you transfer Vita saves to your PC using the Content Assistant?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Can you transfer Vita saves to your PC using the Content Assistant?

User Info: nanashi89

nanashi89
2 months ago#1
Figured I'd ask, I put a lot of time in Digimon Cyber Sleuth, but I wanna free some space without losing anything....

Thanks in advance!

User Info: TheExiled280

TheExiled280
2 months ago#2
Yes. You just need to download content manager and have an Internet connection.

User Info: Holy7777

Holy7777
2 months ago#3
TheExiled280 posted...
Yes. You just need to download content manager and have an Internet connection.

uh , I am not sure about internet connection thought.

I can safely transfer even without internet connection
PSN ID : Soray777 ( US )
Playing : PSO2 ( PC & Vita ) , DBCS ( Vita ) Nioh ( PS4 ). Soon : NoA2 ( Vita ) , Uncharted 4 , TOB , GV , Ys 8

User Info: GrandDart

GrandDart
2 months ago#4
As far as I know no. You can't specifically transfer the Save Data of a Vita game, you have to copy the whole game to the PC (which includes the Save Data as well) using the Content Manager
Play under your own rules. Success will eventually come.

User Info: Kindred

Kindred
2 months ago#5
only with ps+

User Info: bluewolf51313

bluewolf51313
2 months ago#6
Kindred posted...
only with ps+

U don't need ps+ to save to a pc. Don't comment if you don't know the hell you talking about.

And yes TC. You can, but like what was said, you cannot save just the save data, you have to copy the entire game data(if it's digital, as it will include the save data), and if it's physical, then you just have to save the updates, dlc and whatever is not on the cart.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton
PSN bluewolf51313

User Info: Kindred

Kindred
2 months ago#7
bluewolf51313 posted...
U don't need ps+ to save to a pc. Don't comment if you don't know the hell you talking about.

you can save individual save files with ps+

User Info: bluewolf51313

bluewolf51313
2 months ago#8
Kindred posted...
bluewolf51313 posted...

you can save individual save files with ps+

Yea, you need ps+ to the cloud. But when saving to a pc, you don't need ps+ and whether you have ps+ or not you cannot upload individual save files to a pc. Unless it's a physical copy, but then if the game has dlc or updates you have to upload it all, besides what is on the cart.

So no matter what, you have to upload the entire game file(which has the save file) for digital games when transferring to a pc
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton
PSN bluewolf51313

User Info: Mega_Pitch

Mega_Pitch
2 months ago#9
Everything everyone else is saying is correct, but ...

nanashi89 posted...
Figured I'd ask, I put a lot of time in Digimon Cyber Sleuth, but I wanna free some space without losing anything....

Thanks in advance!

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth has cross save, so you can upload your savedata to the internet without PS+. It's meant for transferring the data to a PS4, but you can just use it as a free cloud backup. From the Save screen, press Triangle and you can upload your savedata. Then when you want to download it later, press Triangle on the Continue screen.
I'm a topic killer. When I post in a topic, it dies.
Now playing: http://backloggery.com/andyman

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
2 months ago#10
I thought there was a quicker way of making backups using Content Manager?
Something like making a copy of the folder/file that deals with save files & storing it on your PC, then inserting it back into the main Vita folder whenever you want to restore the backup to your Vita?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Can you transfer Vita saves to your PC using the Content Assistant?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived