What was the first game that got you into gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What was the first game that got you into gaming?

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
4 weeks ago#31
I dunno how I feel about being lumped with dancer, who's got like a twice as big age gap on me than I have with any of the younger members of this board. I'm not THAT old yet. :p
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: RadKickAss

RadKickAss
4 weeks ago#32
Frogger or Space Invaders, I guess. When I was 3 on up, if there was an arcade machine in a store/restaurant, I had to play it.
SURE, I'LL TAKE YOU TO A GOOD PLACE. HEH!! HEH!! HEH!!
PSN: RadKickAss // 3DS: 4957-3805-8646

User Info: ButtHurterson

ButtHurterson
4 weeks ago#33
Aussie2B posted...
I dunno how I feel about being lumped with dancer, who's got like a twice as big age gap on me than I have with any of the younger members of this board. I'm not THAT old yet. :p

OLD MAN

nah I jest
Don't f*** with this senator!
I am Butt, the hurt transformed.

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
4 weeks ago#34
ButtHurterson posted...
Aussie2B posted...

OLD MAN

nah I jest

But Aussie is a gal.

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
4 weeks ago#35
Aussie2B posted...

I was just talking about people with a lot more experience gaming than myself. I mean how many people have played a Coleco? I'm not trying to use age as an insult, I just find it cool, certainly proves the industry isn't running out of ideas like Hollywood is, if you're still playing new releases.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
4 weeks ago#36
Aussie2B posted...

I have a friend in her mid-80s, still producing shows, touring with her dance company, hosting a local cable TV show. I want to be like her when I grow up.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: J_B

J_B
4 weeks ago#37
I remember liking some old Sailor moon arcade game.
jb08045.deviantart.com/art/Madoka-s-Dinner-513761540 -Out weeb me
Ever reject your Senran's kiss? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifIlTOi7qg4

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
4 weeks ago#38
Sethman409 posted...
I was just talking about people with a lot more experience gaming than myself. I mean how many people have played a Coleco? I'm not trying to use age as an insult, I just find it cool, certainly proves the industry isn't running out of ideas like Hollywood is, if you're still playing new releases.

I'm just saying, dancer has way more years, and gaming years, on me than I have on you. I'm closer to being your peer than I am to being hers. She's older than my parents. Most of the "older" regulars around here are in their 30s and 40s, not 70s, so she's an anomaly on this board.

Anyway, I never played a ColecoVision until about a decade or so ago. It came out before I born (though not by a lot). I didn't start gaming until the late 80s. The tabletop I was referring to is this thing:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Coleco/DK.htm

Stuff like that is what people played for portable gaming prior to when we had proper handhelds like the Game Boy. It was manufactured by Coleco (the company, not the system).

The ColecoVision wasn't a super successful system for its time (came out too close to the crash), so there aren't tons of people who have played it in general, whether they were gaming during that time period or not. But it's not hard to find gamers who cut their teeth on contemporary systems. You just don't find them on GameFAQs so much because this site skews younger and has loads of Nintendo and RPG fans. But if you go to any retrogaming communities, you'll find loads of gamers who grew up with the Atari 2600 and such.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: ButtHurterson

ButtHurterson
4 weeks ago#39
bloodcoast posted...
ButtHurterson posted...
Aussie2B posted...

OLD MAN

nah I jest

But Aussie is a gal.

pfft like I'm supposed to know that
Don't f*** with this senator!
I am Butt, the hurt transformed.

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
4 weeks ago#40
Honestly don't remember.

My dad played video games, well computer games. So, they were just sort of always around. Don't even remember what the first one I played was.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What was the first game that got you into gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived