New to the PS Vita

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. New to the PS Vita

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
2 months ago#21
I didn't have Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, but I had the original Vita release before the Ace version.

I found the game to be bland and kinda boring at best. A waste of time at worst. It has a SUPER anime-ish generic look to it, and nothing about the combat stood out AT ALL.

Unless the Ace version is literally a COMPLETE overhaul of the game (doubt it) I would assume it's a pass to, at least from my point of view.

As for RPG's with good story and gameplay and immersion and all that. It might not hit on all notes and it's the obvious answer, but Persona 4 Golden. The game is just fantastic if you like JRPG's and it ends up being your jam. 70+ hours to get the True Ending and I had a blast the whole time.
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: Darknessbeast10

Darknessbeast10
2 months ago#22
Thanks once again guys, i preciate all the answers. Anyone here enjoy fighting games any notable ones to look for?

Also soul sacrifice delta....any good? Gameplay seems nice and a decent (may be stretching it) story. Any thoughts?
"Power is not will; it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen." - Madara Uchiha
PSN: Look at my name/ waiting for: #TheNextBestThing

User Info: gadgaurd

gadgaurd
2 months ago#23
Darknessbeast10 posted...
Most interested in a decent story game

Utawarerumono.
Eternal Gust: Now a Social Board.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1079-eternal-gust

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
2 months ago#24
SAO Hollow Realization has improved if you have the patches, the only real issue is the Raid battles where you have several teams on screen at once against a huge enemy.

You will have issues with it if you're used to 60fps gaming, I'm currently playing it completely unpatched & it's not too bad in the normal environment, have yet to go against a Raid boss though but I imagine it'll be as awfully slow as it was in the Youtube videos.

That said, the Youtube videos do not do this game justice graphically.
I don't know if it's the brightness settings or what, but it ended up not looking as flat & bland on my Vita.
It's a shame there's no Vita footage on any other player, since Youtube has an awfully inaccurate player.

The game had a few update patches (I think some had content, or tweaks) & there are DLC packs which offer decent content, we have yet to get DLC 3.

But yeah, it all depends on how well you deal with framerate drops & the game not being as graphically good as the PS4 version.
Unless you have to have it portable, it's probably better played on the PS4 performance wise.

edit: Also get Ys VIII if you like action rpg's, the game is great.

User Info: abrmn29

abrmn29
2 months ago#25
Hmmm hows sword art online: Hollow Realization, gameplay from videos is alright but i prefer word of mouth

Sao hr, i usually play it if had times after clear some in games event at android. And i play it smoothly
psn id : abrmn29
As muslim, im sorry and apologize if sometimes i makes mistake and maybe hurt somebody, in many ways.

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
2 months ago#26
Thanks once again guys, i preciate all the answers. Anyone here enjoy fighting games any notable ones to look for?

Also soul sacrifice delta....any good? Gameplay seems nice and a decent (may be stretching it) story. Any thoughts?

Under Night In-Birth Late Exe is coming out soon. Skullgirls is amazing.

SSD is fantastic. I honestly can't recommend it enough. Even my friends that don't like hunting games like it. If you like it, I'd check out Freedom Wars too. It's another great hunter.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II

User Info: Darknessbeast10

Darknessbeast10
2 months ago#27
Thanks, everyone i decided to go with soul sacrifice delta, game is nice so far, im literally up to character creation so it should pick up soon.
"Power is not will; it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen." - Madara Uchiha
PSN: Look at my name/ waiting for: #TheNextBestThing

User Info: GreatFigure

GreatFigure
2 months ago#28
https://youtu.be/mgH8HKIa6HU

@supremeblaster
Switch: Lego Worlds, Sonic Mania
Vita: Fate Extella, Dragon Quest Builders E.S.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. New to the PS Vita

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived