Thinking of purchasing a Vita.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Thinking of purchasing a Vita.

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
2 months ago#21
@SomeKindoMonstr, I did the SAME thing when I bought my Vita on launch. I buy almost all my stuff physical and didn't realize how much I'd end up getting that was digital. I had a bunch of smaller cards, and took forever to buy a 16, let alone the 32 I bought later on, and then after that I finally broke down and imported a 64. Good thing too because not long after that arrived my 32 crapped out on me. :(

But yeah, I kept resisting it, telling myself that one more small card will be enough. And it never was. LOL.
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: umop-apisdn

umop-apisdn
2 months ago#22
SomeKindoMonstr posted...
umop-apisdn posted...
dark-kyon posted...
umop-apisdn posted...
What makes you say that? /sweatsprofusely

He is a joke account, just laugh to his post in this board.

/laughsawkwardly

Ignore the troll.

Just make sure you know what you are getting into and youll be fine.
If you plan on sticking with the vita for the long term, consider getting, at a minimum, a 32 gb card. Even if you go physical only, patches and dlc for a single game can be GBs in size.

Recommended releases:
https://m.imgur.com/a/uIPir

Ohmagerd. Thanks for the link. Definitely planning on sticking with it, no doubt about that. Especially considering the fact that I’ll be platinum trophy hunting.

dark-kyon posted...
SomeKindoMonstr posted...
Just make sure you know what you are getting into and youll be fine.
If you plan on sticking with the vita for the long term, consider getting, at a minimum, a 32 gb card. Even if you go physical only, patches and dlc for a single game can be GBs in size.

This, if you aren't into JRPG's then you have to actually research to find games in others genres, its maybe a risky move if you don't like that genre.

JRPGs, SRPGs, ARPGs, basically anything with the role playing model is gold in my book. I especially like JRPGs, ergo PS Vita.

I’m thinking of getting one tomorrow.

User Info: HELLASISGREECE

HELLASISGREECE
2 months ago#23
Don't think.
Just do it.
!!!STx ANGER!!!

User Info: EcchiSaberUnit

EcchiSaberUnit
2 months ago#24
oh boy.

i warned you.

people who choose the PS4 will play Nino Ku Ni 2, Dissidia NT or MH world among other things in the coming months.

people who choose the Switch will play Doom, Skyrim, FE heroes in the future. (ON-THE-GO)

people who choose the 3DS will have a new Pokemon out and then some Atlus JRPGs.

people who choose Vita plays what now?

it "being portable" is not redeeming it for the lack of quality games vs the other options.

T H I N K

if anyone thinks i'm trolling, then you deserve what your precious little Vita gives you.

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
2 months ago#25
EcchiSaberUnit posted...
if anyone thinks i'm trolling, then you deserve what your precious little Vita gives you.

Where's the downside here?
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
2 months ago#26
EcchiSaberUnit posted...
oh boy.

i warned you.

people who choose the PS4 will play Nino Ku Ni 2, Dissidia NT or MH world among other things in the coming months.

people who choose the Switch will play Doom, Skyrim, FE heroes in the future.

people who choose the 3DS will have a new Pokemon out and then some Atlus JRPGs.

it "being portable" is not redeeming it for the lack of quality games vs the other options.

T H I N K

The only PS4 games that interests me in the future I am getting are Code Vein, Nights of Azure 2 and Cyberdimension. Of all the announced games. All of them.

Switch does offer a lot, but it's also super hard to find.

Vita is cheaper, and still has a lot going for it.
Bad Apple Wars
Chaos;Child
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Demon Gaze II
Under Night In-Birth ExeLate[st]
Va11 Hall-a
Secret of Mana
BloodStained
Bullet Girls Phantasma
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night
Persona 5: Dancing Star Night
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
Sharin no Kuni: The Girl Among the Sunflowers
Steins;Gate Elite
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Occultic;Nine

And my number 1 most anticipated game of the year
Quantum Suicide

Along with a plethora of previously released games.

Honestly it's not a matter of why, but why not.

Aussie2B posted...
EcchiSaberUnit posted...

There is none.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II

User Info: GreatFigure

GreatFigure
2 months ago#27
EcchiSaberUnit posted...
oh boy.

i warned you.

people who choose the Switch will play Doom, Skyrim, FE heroes in the future. (ON-THE-GO)

T H I N K

So weebish and wrong. :-) @EcchiSaberUnit
Switch: Lego Worlds, Sonic Mania
Vita: Fate Extella, Dragon Quest Builders E.S.

User Info: gadgaurd

gadgaurd
2 months ago#28
Aussie2B posted...
@EcchiSaberUnit posted...

Not seeing it either. Playing God Eater on my way home from work is a great way to blow off the inevitable stress.
Eternal Gust: Now a Social Board.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1079-eternal-gust

User Info: Holy7777

Holy7777
2 months ago#29
Aussie2B posted...
EcchiSaberUnit posted...

None. Just someone being salty too much about Vita

But , but but , people will going to play Doom and Skyrim on Switch!!!

Like I care , those games play better on pc.
PSN ID : Soray777 ( US )
Playing : PSO2 ( PC & Vita ) , DBCS ( Vita ) Nioh ( PS4 ). Soon : NoA2 ( Vita ) , Uncharted 4 , TOB , GV , Ys 8

User Info: ShiroZangetsu

ShiroZangetsu
2 months ago#30
umop-apisdn posted...
But those memory card prices are steep..

Other than that, I’d love to get one. What memory card size do you guys recommend?

I’m planning on going physical, but I do have a lot of titles I’ll be downloading digitally.

I can get a refurbished Vita (phat) for €100. Paying more for a memory card than the actual handheld is BS though imo.

/shrug

Go 64GB. It seems steep at first but think of it this way. You purchase it and never look back. I would recommend the 32 but once that fills up you just feel silly when a new game you like has a Vita version and a PS4 version. Then you can't download it. That and the PSN has crazy sales. The Atelier Trilogy was on sale for a VERY reasonable price but 8-12 GB. See what I mean. Take your time, save up and buy the 64GB.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Thinking of purchasing a Vita.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived