Media Create Week 40 - Sales on a Superstar Remake, Dragons and Using Snipers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Media Create Week 40 - Sales on a Superstar Remake, Dragons and Using Snipers

User Info: Levia_

Levia_
2 months ago#81
4GO sold well because it was the first time in forever that it took a year to release a Nep game instead of 4 a year

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
2 months ago#82
gadgaurd posted...
bloodcoast posted...
gadgaurd posted...
bloodcoast posted...
gadgaurd posted...
bloodcoast posted...
It's collaboration release, isn't it? It should be both CH and Tamsoft like how both Atlus and Arc System made Persona 4 Arena.

I imagine that almost everything but the writing and design(character, monster, area, etc) was handled by Tamsoft. In either case Tamsoft being the primary dev definitely contributed to sales. Even I'm considering getting 4GO because of their involvement, as I bought A:U and Megatag.

I'd say it's 50/50; Nep fans do buy it, because it's a Nep game. It does look a lot better than those too, but I read a lot of bashing on it.

Hm. The way I see it, Nep games have been seeing steadily decreasing first week sales. I believe 4GO broke that trend with a small sales increase. In which case that'd most likely be because of Tamsoft. Just as HDN fans will buy an HDN game because HDN, Tamsoft has fans that will buy their hack & slash titles simply because they made them.

I agree, Tamsoft definitely contributed to the increase in sale. I wouldn't say it's just because Tamsoft made it; the game actually looks pretty good and offers quite a range of appearance customization. This said, HDN's decline in sales is probably due to the fact it hasn't gotten a mainline release since VII.

The appearance customization is one of Tamsoft's things, though. The costumes and accessories themselves were most likely designed by CH, but being able to adjust the placement and dimensions of accessories is classic Tamsoft. I say this as someone who considers buying systems just to play their games: If I had no prior knowledge of 4GO and saw a trailer of it, I'd assume Tamsoft was involved. It just looks like a Tamsoft game with an HDN coat of paint(and I am A-OK with that).

And I was factoring VII into that. iirc it sold less than the previous game in the series, which was a spin off? Could be wrong, in which case never mind.

I saw Senran had that kind of customization, but it was really weak for that spinoff game. VII was a PS4 title back in 2015, which was quite early into PS4's life.

User Info: ServantOfErieos

ServantOfErieos
2 months ago#83
3ds is doing really bad numbers.

This system is like for like sales is getting wrecked by the Vita.
Lord Erieos is coming...

User Info: Hercik1

Hercik1
2 months ago#84
ServantOfErieos posted...

???

Numbers how do they work?

| 3DS # | 23.051 | 20.321 | 29.592 | 1.234.442 | 1.086.040 | 23.395.187 |

| PSV | 3.545 | 3.732 | 9.282 | 272.125 | 618.669 | 5.529.741 |

01./00. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions <RPG> (Nintendo) {2017.10.05} (¥4.980) - 25.788 / NEW

12./00. [PSV] Tokyo Clanpool # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2017.10.05} (¥6.800) - 5.197 / NEW

User Info: Sprinkles_ASAP

Sprinkles_ASAP
2 months ago#85
jb08045 posted...
https://imgur.com/1EvbKC1
https://imgur.com/CNRE7AL

=/

Kyon was never heard from again
I identify as a Dragon.

User Info: -Meruru

-Meruru
2 months ago#86
Sprinkles_ASAP posted...
jb08045 posted...
https://imgur.com/1EvbKC1
https://imgur.com/CNRE7AL

=/

Kyon was never heard from again

Poor alts, can't get what i'm talking about, i wasn't trying to downplay anything about his shilling company, just doing a diferentiation between compile heart developed games sales and what aren't, you can show whatever you want, but these games being developed with help of others developers make the games not fit my criteria, you guys seem desesperate to argue with me.
http://i.imgur.com/9JKqEwb.jpg

User Info: Sprinkles_ASAP

Sprinkles_ASAP
2 months ago#87
-Meruru posted...
Poor alts, can't get what i'm talking about, i wasn't trying to downplay anything about his shilling company, just doing a diferentiation between compile heart developed games sales and what aren't, you can show whatever you want, but these games being developed with help of others developers make the games not fit my criteria, you guys seem desesperate to argue with me.

That because there is no correlation between sales and development help for Compile.

FFF is literally Neptunia with a different story and some guys tossed in. Same art, similar battle system especially, same sound effect the even the same models for some characters like Tiara and Nepgear.

It "being the best First Week CH games" has nothing to do with it being made by only CH, nor does it mean it's something that CH should follow. You can't discount 4GO because they had help, you also can't discount all their other games that sold more over time like MK2 and Victory

This is better seen in the rerelease where FFF:DAF sold worse than the Rebirth games despite adding more than 2 and 3. FFF was released at a good time when the PS3 was on the way out and it happened to break CH then trend of "waiting" games so it scored points on being different. That doesn't matter now though because CH is also making reletivly serious games

You argument is the equivalent if walking into a "top selling video game franchises" debate and arguing that Nintendo doesn't own second place because the game was made by Gamefreak.
I identify as a Dragon.

User Info: OosontheLoose

OosontheLoose
2 months ago#88

Good to see some things really don't ever change lololo
NOW PLAYING: Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
2 months ago#89
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Wow Xenoverse 2 has legs

Well, it was sold out so those numbers aren't really any indicator for its lasting performance. But I guess it's good news that it met the expectations.
"The Switch couldn't couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
2 months ago#90
Hercik1 posted...

???

Numbers how do they work?

| 3DS # | 23.051 | 20.321 | 29.592 | 1.234.442 | 1.086.040 | 23.395.187 |

| PSV | 3.545 | 3.732 | 9.282 | 272.125 | 618.669 | 5.529.741 |

01./00. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions <RPG> (Nintendo) {2017.10.05} (¥4.980) - 25.788 / NEW

12./00. [PSV] Tokyo Clanpool # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2017.10.05} (¥6.800) - 5.197 / NEW

FACTS DON'T MATTER!
"The Switch couldn't couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Media Create Week 40 - Sales on a Superstar Remake, Dragons and Using Snipers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived