@people who played fighting games on the Vita

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. @people who played fighting games on the Vita

User Info: Shiiiru

Shiiiru
1 month ago#1
How is it like playing fighting games on a handheld vs a console with a controller? They just recently confirmed the new Blazblue game on the Switch so I was wondering if I might have to buy a pro controller. Thought I'd ask this here since people would have better input with playing handheld fighting games.
PSN: Shiiiro- Switch FC: 5371-7893-8798
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
1 month ago#2
Get an arcade stick.

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
1 month ago#3
Well that's an interesting question. It depends. Do you use a stick or d-pad? If you use a d-pad, you might want to look into one, if you're a stick person you should be fine.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II

User Info: Sprinkles_ASAP

Sprinkles_ASAP
1 month ago#4
Arcade sticks make players look like hipsters
I identify as a Dragon.

User Info: dark-kyon

dark-kyon
1 month ago#5
Its better with a standard controller. seem like Switch "dpad" is basically useless for 2d technical fighters outside of Smash.

bloodcoast posted...
Get an arcade stick.

Some people are accustomed to controllers, i never was able to play properly with a arcade stick..
http://i.imgur.com/sK5j4Vp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FESyQqa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mU2F4DC.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OzTgyXU.gif

Shiiiru
1 month ago#6
I'm used to dpads more but I've never tried a stick. I was thinking of getting one when I got into Persona 4 Arena.

bloodcoast
1 month ago#7
dark-kyon posted...
Its better with a standard controller. seem like Switch "dpad" is basically useless for 2d technical fighters outside of Smash.

bloodcoast posted...
Get an arcade stick.

Some people are accustomed to controllers, i never was able to play properly with a arcade stick..

It depends on the game, and it takes time to adjust to, but for a combo-heavy game like Blazblue, you'll want one.

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
1 month ago#8
bloodcoast posted...
dark-kyon posted...

bloodcoast posted...
Get an arcade stick.

It depends on the game, and it takes time to adjust to, but for a combo-heavy game like Blazblue, you'll want one.

Now that depends. Usually it can take a lot of time getting used to, and unless you plan on play professionally or more than that one than the time spent trying to adjust to it's weirdness is better spent elsewhere.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II

Shiiiru
1 month ago#9
Yeah from what I've heard sticks take a lot of time getting used to, especially if you're used to dpads due to muscle memory, and such. I do hope they add more Persona characters since I don't play Yu or Yosuke.

bloodcoast
1 month ago#10
Sethman409 posted...
bloodcoast posted...
dark-kyon posted...

bloodcoast posted...
Get an arcade stick.

Now that depends. Usually it can take a lot of time getting used to, and unless you plan on play professionally or more than that one than the time spent trying to adjust to it's weirdness is better spent elsewhere.

Yep, and getting one doesn't automatically make the combo accessible either. Air combos are still out of reach for me. This is why I'm hyped for Under Night, because it doesn't have any.

Shiiiru posted...
Yeah from what I've heard sticks take a lot of time getting used to, especially if you're used to dpads due to muscle memory, and such. I do hope they add more Persona characters since I don't play Yu or Yosuke.

It took me a week to adjust after a year of dpad for P4A.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. @people who played fighting games on the Vita

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived