So how's that new Touhou game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So how's that new Touhou game?

User Info: gadgaurd

gadgaurd
2 months ago#1
Touhou Kabuto Burst V or something like that? Looks kinda fun, but it also looks kinda slow. Not sure what to make of it.
Eternal Gust: Now a Social Board.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1079-eternal-gust

User Info: Susumurin

Susumurin
2 months ago#2
It’s not bad. A little content thin for modern game, but the mechanics are sound. Pacing is more akin to Capcom vs SNK than Marvel vs Capcom for sure.
Now Playing: Mary Skelter (Vita), NBA 2k17 (X1), God Wars (PS4)
Currently Watching: Xena, Desperate Motherhood, Gilmore Girls

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
2 months ago#3
I wish they'd bring the Tasofro fighters (at least the ones that aren't Hopeless Masquerade) or the things ZUN has officially had a hand in over to the console.

I'd give my right arm to play Hisoutensoku and IaMP on the go.
"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.
There's no distinction between science and magic." ~ Patchouli Knowledge

User Info: Reviews2Go

Reviews2Go
2 months ago#4
Sorry, I had a response written here yesterday, forgot to hit post.

The pacing is pretty slow, but there is a dash mechanic to help speed up attacks. Imagine ARMS for Switch but Touhou and with projectiles instead of punching and that's pretty much what this game is.

The big thing here is content and balancing. There are a lot of characters that are extremely unbalanced. Marisa's skills are crazy OP while some other characters have horrid defense that can get them 1HK0'd from a single Spell Card/Ultimate.

And content is basically the fact that all 9 story scenarios can be cleared in under 3 hours. So unlocking everything goes by incredibly fast and basically just leaves you with Multiplayer.

I'd say that's your big thing. Whether a 3-hour game is worth $30 or if you'd rather wait for a sale. Game is definitely fun. Just unbalanced and very short.
517 Handheld Reviews, PSTV Compatibility, Switch Battery Life Chart | http://www.reviews2go.com
NP: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch), Stardew Valley {Switch|

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
2 months ago#5
Wow, this topic got better impressions in the replies than I would have imagined.

I watched BlueMaxima's video on YouTube for this, and it looks like an Early Access game, and NOT in a good way. It looks SUPER bare bones, boring gameplay, lackluster at best visuals, utterly devoid of any true art style of it's own. Granted I haven't played the game, but I've been playing games for my entire life (I'll be 39 next month) so I've gotten extremely good over the years at picking games for *ME* that I will like.

This one didn't pass the test in the slightest. If people are enjoying it, that's awesome. More power to you. And I could very well be wrong with this one, but I doubt it, not knowing my tastes in games.

This game is a hard pass, without a doubt.
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: 94mav98

94mav98
2 months ago#6
The only touhou game I'm interested in is Urban Legend in Limbo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS0I8vvfUsA

Seems the least PS2 budget title looking of the bunch lol. Surprised PQube hasn't picked it up yet.
"Every single new Final Fantasy game is the one that ruined the franchise forever, and this is obvious the second they announce the title."

User Info: ExaflareBahamut

ExaflareBahamut
2 months ago#7
Fun and slow
PSN: NeoBahamut46
I'm usually a stalker in threads but I post sometimes.

User Info: Mike229282

Mike229282
2 months ago#8
It sucks. I spents more hours on Dead or Alive 5+ than this game, regret buying this so called "bullet hell game".
Stare into my soul, I'm your god now!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So how's that new Touhou game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived