Adventure of Mana?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Adventure of Mana?

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
2 months ago#1
Is the game worth playing?
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
2 months ago#2
Yes, definitely, but only if you like old school game design. It's a faithful remake of a classic from 1991.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: Fuepepe

Fuepepe
2 months ago#3
I 100% recommend this title IF you played and enjoyed the original Final Fantasy Adventure on gameboy. It's a faithful remake with better graphics and a bit more dialogue.
Hardcore XSEED fan.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
2 months ago#4
Fuepepe posted...
I 100% recommend this title IF you played and enjoyed the original Final Fantasy Adventure on gameboy. It's a faithful remake with better graphics and a bit more dialogue.

So...an enhanced port, then. A remake implies changes to most every facet of the game. Gameplay, OST, visuals, and even story. A game with a new coat of paint and some more dialogue does not a remake make.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
2 months ago#5
It does have 'modern' music though. You have the option to use that or the original GB soundtrack.

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
2 months ago#6
For a game to be a "port" it has to be reusing the same assets and/or code to at least some extent, which Adventures of Mana does not. Adventures of Mana has entirely new graphics (in an entirely new dimension, so it's not like they could just reuse the old code and slap new sprites or textures in place of the old ones), the option to use a newly arranged soundtrack, some slight story differences, and a few new gameplay elements (for example, you can attack diagonally). What makes it faithful is that they followed the original design nearly to a T, such that you could look at maps for the Game Boy game and use them for Adventures of Mana too.

From least to most drastically changed, things go:

direct port -> enhanced port -> faithful remake -> reimagined remake
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: Godzilla_82

Godzilla_82
2 months ago#7
I would say definitely worth playing, IMO. I bought it and I love this remake of Final Fantasy Adventure. Great game but it's not for everyone. I would say look up some YouTube videos to see the game play (just to be sure you don't waste your money).
Look at those Monsters!!!-Rebecca Chambers, RE1

User Info: 8bitstory

8bitstory
2 months ago#8
I won't be surprise if it's canceled for Vita. This game is difficult anyway playing alone.

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
2 months ago#9
8bitstory posted...
I won't be surprise if it's canceled for Vita. This game is difficult anyway playing alone.

Huh? Adventures of Mana is already localised & released on the Vita.

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
2 months ago#10
feraldrgn posted...
8bitstory posted...

Huh? Adventures of Mana is already localised & released on the Vita.

I think they are thinking of secret of Mana....a whole different game but it’s possible to beat solo...my mom did it during the snes days
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Adventure of Mana?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived