So, Anyone picking up the Windjammers CE from Limited Run?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So, Anyone picking up the Windjammers CE from Limited Run?

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
4 weeks ago#1
Well? Are you a bad enough dude to buy frisbee? - Results (35 votes)
Yes
11.43% (4 votes)
No
34.29% (12 votes)
I buy every CE I can
0% (0 votes)
No, it's not worth it
54.29% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
You get a CD, a (probably paper, folded) 18 x 24 inch poster, and a Windjammers Frisbee all packaged in a collector's box for $64.99.

Will it sell out in seconds or days?
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
4 weeks ago#2
Seconds. Nostalgia is strong these days

User Info: GigaDogqHD

GigaDogqHD
4 weeks ago#3
Hell no their LE are crap
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane

bith_the_black
4 weeks ago#4
Kind if seems so. I men honestly it still seems overpriced to me. A CD, box, and frisbee equal more than double the standard price? I mean do people want a frisbee that badly?
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
4 weeks ago#5
The poster is indeed paper and folded. Though it seems like they're finally getting the message that people would prefer cloth (though they don't seem to quite understand why?):

https://twitter.com/angeloperson/status/931212365265276929

Anyway, I'll be going for one. From the pictures and descriptions at least, I would agree with LRG that this seems like a better value/higher quality than their previous ones, but I think they're still falling short. They really need to spend some time looking at the price points of LEs from other publishers (also in relation to the price points of their standalone copies), what you get at those price points, and the quality of the LEs (everything from the included items to the small details like the trays holding everything in place). But as long as they're sticking their heads in the sand, I don't know how much improvement we'll see:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/931002753148772353
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/931208408996499456

You can't please literally everyone, but when you have a large amount of people complaining at all corners of the internet that are discussing LRG, then there's probably some merit to the complaints. You also can't be so thin-skinned and adverse to criticism that you take even constructive criticism as people being whiners/haters.

I'll just have to wait and see if I think the Windjammers CE is actually worth the $70 (after shipping). Same for La-Mulana EX, for that matter. One thing I can preemptively criticize, though, is the scummy tactic of having different covers for the Windjammers standard edition and the CE copy. If you want a CE-exclusive cover, go for it, but at least make it reversible so that the CE's buyers can still enjoy the standard edition's cover if they prefer that art. That way you're not feeling like you're "missing out" on something even when dropping the extra cash for the CE. Better yet, considering when LRG does reversible covers they always have some packaged with one side facing out, and the others with the other side facing out, just make all the copies with reversible covers, but make all the standard copies have one side facing out, and all the CE copies have the other side facing out. That way, sealed collectors can still collect two different variants if they want, and collectors who open their copies won't feel the need to buy a second copy just to get every version. All this cover variant nonsense is just preying on compulsive collectors. I feel bad for the people who feel they gotta get all three covers of 2064 for PS4 tomorrow. Publishers talk as if collectors find it fun to collect variants, but in my nearly 20 years in the game collecting scene, I've never once come across a collector who said they actively enjoyed collecting variants. They just buy them simply because the variants exist.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: ediotsavant

ediotsavant
4 weeks ago#6
Pong?
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

bith_the_black
4 weeks ago#7
I enjoyed the Working Designs method of disc art variants as opposed to cover art ones. Never felt the need to have them all though. I do wonder how sealed collectors handled not knowing if they had every version or not.

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
4 weeks ago#8
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/931352224474783744

So much for LRG claiming they wouldn't pass along the ESRB expenses to their buyers. :/ I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm being lied to by LRG. They'll say one thing one day and then toss it out the window the next. I don't even feel like they're doing it deliberately. It just feels like they're disorganized and can't keep their facts straight, and they'll talk in absolutes and then have to go back on it later when they feel they have to make an exception. They'd save a lot of face if they stopped trying to act like everybody's buddy, as if they're regular gamers and collectors like the rest of us, and just act a little more professional and cautious about what they say. Instead of saying that they will do this or won't do that, they should just say that they'll strive for so-and-so.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

bith_the_black
4 weeks ago#9
In the end it would be better for them. They need to hire a rep to run their company account instead of doing it themselves

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
4 weeks ago#10
Aussie2B posted...
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/931352224474783744

So much for LRG claiming they wouldn't pass along the ESRB expenses to their buyers. :/ I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm being lied to by LRG. They'll say one thing one day and then toss it out the window the next. I don't even feel like they're doing it deliberately. It just feels like they're disorganized and can't keep their facts straight, and they'll talk in absolutes and then have to go back on it later when they feel they have to make an exception. They'd save a lot of face if they stopped trying to act like everybody's buddy, as if they're regular gamers and collectors like the rest of us, and just act a little more professional and cautious about what they say. Instead of saying that they will do this or won't do that, they should just say that they'll strive for so-and-so.

I mean on one hand it is annoying. On the other there are extenuating circumstances, I can understand. I do like the fact they're presenting themselves, that they are regular people. They are pretty approachable, unlike a lot of the rest of the industry. They should have more saying they will attempt to do things rather than say that they will, but if something happens they have no control over, I'm more inclined to forgive them.

I will say, at least with me, they have generated a lot of goodwill with me due to what they're doing. So I might be biased.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So, Anyone picking up the Windjammers CE from Limited Run?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived