So, Anyone picking up the Windjammers CE from Limited Run?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So, Anyone picking up the Windjammers CE from Limited Run?

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
3 weeks ago#11
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of LRG and a more loyal customer than most. I've been buying from them since the very beginning with Breach & Clear, and I've bought every single Vita game they've released, as well as a good number of their PS4 games. It's only because I'm so interested in what they're doing and follow them so closely that I notice things like them saying one thing one day and the opposite the next. There's way more I'm happy about with what they're doing than what I'm not happy about, but there's always room for improvement, and I think it's valuable for them to take in and consider constructive criticism. They have a lot of brownnosers on Twitter and such, but I think it's counterproductive for people to tell them everything they're doing is perfect as-is. It's not just for the sake of the customers but also for them because burnout is a real problem. I already see people all over who have cut back or stopped buying from LRG entirely because they got tired of the rapid rate of releases, the constant variants and CEs, and other factors.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
3 weeks ago#12
Aussie2B posted...
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of LRG and a more loyal customer than most. I've been buying from them since the very beginning with Breach & Clear, and I've bought every single Vita game they've released, as well as a good number of their PS4 games. It's only because I'm so interested in what they're doing and follow them so closely that I notice things like them saying one thing one day and the opposite the next. There's way more I'm happy about with what they're doing than what I'm not happy about, but there's always room for improvement, and I think it's valuable for them to take in and consider constructive criticism. They have a lot of brownnosers on Twitter and such, but I think it's counterproductive for people to tell them everything they're doing is perfect as-is. It's not just for the sake of the customers but also for them because burnout is a real problem. I already see people all over who have cut back or stopped buying from LRG entirely because they got tired of the rapid rate of releases, the constant variants and CEs, and other factors.

Oh yea, I can get behind that. It's a relatively new practice, one that they are, I feel, doing a lot of pioneering in. They've done so well others copying them have popped up. So of course there will be bumps. But yes, constructive criticism could be very helpful. I'd say a bit more upfront with things and LE quality are my only concerns with them though at the moment.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
3 weeks ago#13
But when the copycats come out and bring with them more bang for your buck, then things probably need to change, or at least be recognized as something that can be worked upon and improved with your core audience. Which maybe they will do with their new survey.
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

bith_the_black
3 weeks ago#14
You know, I thought maybe I was being a bit thickheaded, so I thought I might give them a second try with Claire for Vita. I look 2500 copies 2 per order. They learn nothing.
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: Shadowstrike007

Shadowstrike007
3 weeks ago#15
Everything announced so far is s*** so pass on all those games. Rabi-ribi,sharin,Narcissu

All I want left
PSN: Shadowstrike002. Currently playing: .hack GU,Sonic forces,Rabi-ribi,
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowStrike002

User Info: GigaDogqHD

GigaDogqHD
3 weeks ago#16
bith_the_black posted...
You know, I thought maybe I was being a bit thickheaded, so I thought I might give them a second try with Claire for Vita. I look 2500 copies 2 per order. They learn nothing.

What the hell are you on about?
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane

User Info: dfc82

dfc82
3 weeks ago#17
Aussie2B posted...
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/931352224474783744

I love that the ESRB needed $15,000 in fees to dish out an E to a frisbee game.
http://www.backloggery.com/dfcressw

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
3 weeks ago#18
Hailstorm Games (Claire's developer) hasn't released anything through LRG before, so I guess they're being overly cautious. It doesn't seem like there's a ton of hype for Claire, so hopefully it'll go okay. The fact there'll be physical copies for both PS4 and Vita will have a lot of people just picking one or the other. But still, we haven't seen print runs this small since LRG had, like, fewer than ten games under their belt. I really, really, sincerely hope LRG isn't so stupid as to be involved in this choice, and the Hailstorm Games guys need to grow some cojones if they don't even have the confidence that they could move even 3000 copies on each platform.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: -Hyperdimension

-Hyperdimension
3 weeks ago#19
Esrb is a f***ing scam.
Neptunia Rebirth;3 is the highest user-rated localized JRPG - 96% 1,768+ Votes and counting. "I think you're the fake hedgehog around here."

bith_the_black
3 weeks ago#20
GigaDogqHD posted...
bith_the_black posted...

What the hell are you on about?

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-101-claire-extended-cut-vita
When Claire comes out physically on the Vita from them there will only be 2,500 copies made and the dolts are allowing two per order which means it'll be another one of those sells out in seconds game more likely than not.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. So, Anyone picking up the Windjammers CE from Limited Run?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived