Any of you fellow Vita owners been gaming since the NES days?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Any of you fellow Vita owners been gaming since the NES days?

User Info: HappyKarel

HappyKarel
3 weeks ago#51
I've been gaming since the classic KONAMI four, i.e. contra, green beret( aka rush'n attack), salamander( aka life force ), jackal. To this day, these are still among the best co-op games they offer. I still remember those joyful days playing with my classmates. Materials were scarce at the time, yet we were a merry lot. After school, we used to gather at a well-heeled (relatively speaking) kid's house . We took turns playing, and most of the time we were watching and cheering up. Sadly this no longer happens anymore even the economy has significantly picked up.

User Info: RadKickAss

RadKickAss
3 weeks ago#52
HappyKarel posted...
I've been gaming since the classic KONAMI four, i.e. contra, green beret, salamander( aka life force ), jackal. To this day, these are still among the best co-op games they offer. I still remember those joyful days playing with my classmates. Materials were scarce at the time, yet we were a merry lot. After school, we used to gather at a well-heeled (relatively speaking) kid's house . We took turns playing, and most of the time we were watching and cheering up. Sadly this no longer happens anymore even the economy has significantly picked up.

That's awesome.To this day, I love watching people game. I love playing, but even watching someone play through a game is... satisfying to me. Good times. (And back in the day, there were no save states or anything, so if the system crashed or there was a flash power outage, it was back to square one.)
SURE, I'LL TAKE YOU TO A GOOD PLACE. HEH!! HEH!! HEH!!
PSN: RadKickAss // 3DS: 4957-3805-8646

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
3 weeks ago#53
The_REAL_Duke_O posted...
dancer62 posted...
I appreciate programmable game systems, 8-bit Atari was good, Colecovision was good, NES was a watered down weakling. The N64 is the only decent Nintendo system with unique third-party stuff by Rare, RockStar, etc.

@dancer62
The NES was a watered down weakling? I'm a Sega fanboy (Sega Master system being my first system), but I would NEVER call the NES a watered down weakling. While not as powerful as the Master System (which was in it's generation), it was still a well powered 8-bit console that was much better than the Atari 7800 (which was also in it's generation) and was definitely stronger than the Colecovision (which was in the generation before) as well as the 8-bit Atari computers (while a generation before the NES, Atari under Tramiel took both the early 8-bit Atari computers, the 400 and 800, and made a special consolized version of those computers called the Atari XE which attempted to compete against the NES while Atari was also using the Atari 7800 console to compete against the NES at the same time.... it didn't turn out well for Atari).

My kids played the NES, but it was basically an electronic babysitter with weak and trivial games. A toy parents like me bought for their kids. I probably have fifty or more NES games in my collection, but only remember Mario and Rad Racer, just throwaways compared with Battlezone, Night Driver, Defender, etc. And, yes, at that time I was gaming on the Atari 400/800/1200 and the Commodore 64/128 with things like Flight Simulator 2, Elite, Ultima, Bards Tale, Zork, etc.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: James2-J

James2-J
3 weeks ago#54
Yes I have been gaming since the NES days, always had computer gaming in my house as a kid then owning my own consoles and moving out etc.

My home console and computer gaming history ZX Spectrum (already in the house when I was born), Atari ST, PC, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4

With portables I had the GB, GBC, GBA, PSP and then PS Vita (got it the day it came out).

User Info: J_B

J_B
3 weeks ago#55
I really wish I could go back and have interest in these old games like you guys do. I don't know why I don't but I wish I could
jb08045.deviantart.com/art/Madoka-s-Dinner-513761540 -Out weeb me
Cyberdimension Neptunia English Playthrough now playing. https://goo.gl/sMW3C6

User Info: Newhopes

Newhopes
3 weeks ago#56
Started on some late 1970's computer of my dads don't know what it was.

After that

Commodore 64>master system>genesis>Saturn/PS1

Then started working and bought most consoles.

User Info: Poulet_Spatial

Poulet_Spatial
3 weeks ago#57
Daaaamn, we are so old.
The thread is getting me to the verge of tears...All your comments are gold.

The age of VITA players:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/75302582

Most of us grew up late 80s early 90s, my NES and Megadrive were always powered on back then.
Dancer 62, you are our patriarch !
in girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

User Info: Godzilla_82

Godzilla_82
3 weeks ago#58
I've been at it since Atari 2600. Then to Sega Master System and Genesis. My first handheld was Gameboy (the big chubby one) then Gameboy Color along with Gamegear. I never went to Nintendo (for game console connected to TV, I obviously hand their handhelds) , nothing on there caught my attention.
Look at those Monsters!!!-Rebecca Chambers, RE1

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
3 weeks ago#59
Poulet_Spatial posted...
Daaaamn, we are so old.
The thread is getting me to the verge of tears...All your comments are gold.

The age of VITA players:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/75302582

Most of us grew up late 80s early 90s, my NES and Megadrive were always powered on back then.
Dancer 62, you are our patriarch !

It's actually funny to look at the demographics of console players and realize video gaming might turn into a 'greying hobby' 20 years down the line. The kids today only care about their phone games and their battle arenas, and their crazy rock music...

GET OFF MY LAWN!

User Info: 8bitstory

8bitstory
2 weeks ago#60
Famicom from the late 80's up to early 1994, felt really long but not really from middle to high school.
Megadrive - '94
Snes + Gamedoctor - 95 but need to sell my megadrive, sailormoon is good, bare knuckles yeah I know sega exclusives
Ps1 98 to 99 need to sell it again for some small business
PS2 - R1 version and launch version year 2000
gba - 2000 - 2002 bored then sold
2004-2006 no gaming for a while sold that ps2 fat
late 2006 bought ps2 slim, if I didn;t sell my ps2 fat, it defeats the life cycle of my famicom.
DS - 2006-2008 bored again
Wii - 2009 sold after beating Fatal Frame 4, Wii games are boring imo.
X360 - 2010 cheap but easily got RRoD. dead. bought from a local craiglist-like ad in my country.
ps3 - xmas 2011
vita - mid 2013
PC i5 4670 with 16GB ram - mid 2013, no gpu yet.
ps4 - xmas 2013/launch version

as you can see the gap between ps3 vita ps4 is too short, that means my backlog is way extensive. I don't really need a different platform/console for now.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Any of you fellow Vita owners been gaming since the NES days?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived