Import game Custom fees question?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Import game Custom fees question?

User Info: RRXKC

RRXKC
3 weeks ago#1
last 2014 i pre-ordered Gundam Extreme Vs Force(Vita) on PlayAsia, of course i choose FedEx Express. after the game reach Canada.
i paid 25$ on Custom fees. delivered Dec 24, in the afternoon.

now 2017 im planning to order(this December) a game again in PlayAsia which is Gundam breaker 3 Break Edition: 65.30$ Canadian/49.99$ USD what bugs me how much the FedEx customs gonna charge me?

note: i will used my USA Credit card to buy the game online and i live in Toronto Canada
PS Vita PSN: InKaku00R | neoshadow003

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
3 weeks ago#2
Why not order with EMS? I never get charged customs with those. Fedex/UPS are guaranteed to charge you.

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
3 weeks ago#3
I don't know if this is an option for you, but the USA doesn't change customs fees for personal use imports from most Pacific countries (Japan and Hong Kong specifically). If you've got a buddy in the US he could receive the package without worrying about customs and then hand it off or mail it to you.

That might take longer/cost more but it is an option.

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
3 weeks ago#4
Helmet_Time posted...
I don't know if this is an option for you, but the USA doesn't change customs fees for personal use imports from most Pacific countries (Japan and Hong Kong specifically). If you've got a buddy in the US he could receive the package without worrying about customs and then hand it off or mail it to you.

Might as well just get normal shipping.

RRXKC
3 weeks ago#5
Helmet_Time posted...

last 2014 i preordered(EXVSF) a game on PlayAsia and choose Fedex. FedEx charge me 25$ and the game cost 75.00$ Canadian.

i got no idea how much FedEx/UPS will charge me this time due the fact the game cost 65$ Canadian. doesn’t matter right on FedEx options: Economy/Express. does this two have different price?

User Info: SomeKindoMonstr

SomeKindoMonstr
3 weeks ago#6
Fedex has nothing to do with it, it's your country that's charging custom fees.

I often hear customs doesn't bother with small air parcel, or whatever the slowest option is(the one that takes a month).

You can also try asking playasia to lower the declared value and mark it as a gift. Illegal, but probably fine if you don't abuse it.

Helmet_Time
3 weeks ago#7
Yep. I've heard this is a big problem in Canada.

RRXKC
3 weeks ago#8
SomeKindoMonstr posted...

I often hear customs doesn't bother with small air parcel, or whatever the slowest option is(the one that takes a month).

You can also try asking playasia to lower the declared value and mark it as a gift. Illegal, but probably fine if you don't abuse it.

what, declared value and mark it as a gift however is illegal? im not expert on imports, please explain why its illegal. i never tried it. honestly this is my 2nd time ordering at PlayAsia. my first order is last dec 2014(3 years ago).

RRXKC
3 weeks ago#9
Helmet_Time posted...
Yep. I've heard this is a big problem in Canada.

custom fees? 25$ charge was ok to me(EXVSF 1st released = 75$ canadian that time)idk this time since the game is about 65(GB3BE)bucks. i hope the charge is less than 25 bucks. and its my first time using my USA Credit card to buy the game. yet idk if the customs going to convert USD-CAD value.

Helmet_Time
3 weeks ago#10
RRXKC posted...
SomeKindoMonstr posted...

what, declared value and mark it as a gift however is illegal? im not expert on imports, please explain why its illegal. i never tried it. honestly this is my 2nd time ordering at PlayAsia. my first order is last dec 2014(3 years ago).

Because it isn't a gift. Lying on a customs declaration is a crime. Lots of people do it. But still.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Import game Custom fees question?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived