I'm not listening to internet users if Sony make a successor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I'm not listening to internet users if Sony make a successor

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
1 month ago#1
Whenever Sony announce any form of new system it immediately makes the competition irrelevant and they simply won't be able to compete. This happened with PS3, PS4, PSP and notably for this topic = Vita. No matter what came up NeoGAF and GameFAQs would defend Sony. It was heralded as having the best launch lineup ever. Its price was deemed incredible value and until sales came ignorant fanboys across pretty much every website imaginable (Game Trailers, here, NeoGAF, N4G and IGN to name and shame a few) just wouldn't listen to the point that everything Sony was selling PSP on was being sold on Vita. Goal posts were just being shifted to "true console quality" (whatever "TRUE" quality means).

And what actually happened? Vita simply didn't live up to what Sony promised. Guy SWORE to Eurogamer that every Sony owned studio would make at least 1 Vita game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-20-sony-confirms-call-of-duty-for-playstation-vita-this-autumn

Sorry fanboys but I'm not just subscribing to blindness if Sony do a successor. The visuals between Switch and theoretical successor would be nowhere near as noticeable as they were on DS - PSP and 3DS - Vita. See PS4 - PS3 for proof of that. And after Sony broke their huge promise that every single company they won would make a Vita game I'm not entering unless they follow through this time.

Sony don't deserve a free pass at all here. They betrayed us and anybody defending this should be ashamed of themselves. At least Nintendo released games on Wii U until it's last day.

User Info: aki_sora

aki_sora
1 month ago#2
K
this is GFAQs and stating an opinion is a declaration of WAR!
Own PS3 & PS VITA

User Info: VampireRonin

VampireRonin
1 month ago#3
Ok go play Arms on your Switch then, I guess. Or dude OBLIVION, DUDE! IT'S GOT OBLIVION HOLY ****.

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
1 month ago#4
Nice manifesto
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: FictiveNirvana

FictiveNirvana
1 month ago#5
While I do see the veracity in your whole post... I just think you're beating a dead horse here. Yes, Sony and its fanbase built up the Vita to laughably monumental levels leading up to its launch, we all saw that... and we also see the equally laughable results without much deliberation. But the Vita's dead now, and arguably buried with due respects. Whatever's left now are trickles of low-budget games from a minority of developers who see the system with as much passion as the increasingly diminutive fanbase it has going for it. It's a rather unfortunate state of existence, but it's expected when a product delivers false promises on behalf of the company's insufferably boastful marketing.

I don't see the point in this topic. The Vita's dead, and Sony won't make another system in the same vein. They've definitely learned their lesson if their recent PR statements are to be taken of value.
Definitely not a fanboy. No siree.

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
1 month ago#6
It's not dead, it's just not mainstream.

FictiveNirvana
1 month ago#7
feraldrgn posted...
It's not dead, it's just not mainstream.

I beg to differ. Sales are generally a trustworthy barometer of a system's health. And the Vita is a colossal failure in the sales department, obviously, and as a result lost the dedication and trust of most notable developers. If surviving on morsels alone is what you'd consider a healthy state, then I'd like to know what the true definition of "dead" is.

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
1 month ago#8
It's a niche platform & yes it was a failure in comparison to other consoles, but it's not dead yet as it still gets significant games, we just got Ys VIII for example & the next will be Digimon Hacker's Memory, followed by Bloodstained & whatever games inbetween.
Maybe late 2018 to early 2019.

I'm not saying it's healthy, I'm saying it's not dead.
It's crawling along on its stumps.

FictiveNirvana
1 month ago#9
feraldrgn posted...
It's a niche platform & yes it was a failure in comparison to other consoles, but it's not dead yet as it still gets significant games, we just got Ys VIII for example & the next will be Digimon Hacker's Memory, followed by Bloodstained & whatever games inbetween.
Maybe late 2018 to early 2019.

I'm not saying it's healthy, I'm saying it's not dead.
It's crawling along on its stumps.

Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I suppose calling it completely "dead" is a bit extreme, as it's still getting games people actually care about. But I still stand behind my point, whatever it has left does not constitute a healthy ecosystem. Not dead, but not exactly "living" either. So the confusion is warranted, I suppose.

User Info: Mike229282

Mike229282
1 month ago#10
You can blame sony for their out the ass price for a PS Vita. Nearly $300 just for the system and 32/64 GB memory cards. I mean hey if they made fair prices maybe it would've sold better....maybe.
Stare into my soul, I'm your god now!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I'm not listening to internet users if Sony make a successor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived