Should i get a vita while i am in Japan?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Should i get a vita while i am in Japan?

User Info: krazycharlie

krazycharlie
4 weeks ago#11
Thomastm3 posted...
I just saw the display models and the colours are awesome and the slim feels really good to hold.

I can't decide if i should pick one up or not.

Go get a Vita of your liking before they're sold out or discontinued.
Also, you should get a PS Vita TV if you have the opportunity. And remember to get a decent sized memory card for any of your purchases (min 8GB, recommended 16GB).
"U mad bro?".

User Info: Thomastm3

Thomastm3
4 weeks ago#12
krazycharlie posted...
Thomastm3 posted...
I just saw the display models and the colours are awesome and the slim feels really good to hold.

I can't decide if i should pick one up or not.

Go get a Vita of your liking before they're sold out or discontinued.
Also, you should get a PS Vita TV if you have the opportunity. And remember to get a decent sized memory card for any of your purchases (min 8GB, recommended 16GB).

You think even in Japan the vita will be discontinued?

Most game stores here in Japan seem to have a decent Vita library, so it makes me wonder.

I think I'll get a red one this week if there are any in stock.

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
4 weeks ago#13
Thomastm3 posted...
My Vita 1000 is a bit old and the battery sucks on it, I'm looking for an upgrade.

I just can't decide on metallic red or aqua blue. Hmm

Upgrade? You're actually downgrading as the lcd panel on the slim is vastly inferior to the original model's oled display

User Info: 16bit

16bit
4 weeks ago#14
Finn-X posted...
Thomastm3 posted...
My Vita 1000 is a bit old and the battery sucks on it, I'm looking for an upgrade.

Upgrade? You're actually downgrading as the lcd panel on the slim is vastly inferior to the original model's oled display

"vastly inferior" is over exaggerating. the oled has a bit more color pop, but the LCD on the slim is actually good quality with good viewing angles and lighting uniformity. I personally prefer the LCD, as the old oled tech that was used in the 1K showed a lot of the mura effect, which I just couldn't stand.

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
4 weeks ago#15
No

User Info: Thomastm3

Thomastm3
4 weeks ago#16
Finn-X posted...
Thomastm3 posted...

The extra battery life is what I'm interested in, i would rather play for a couple more hours then look at a slightly better screen.

I'll still have my 1000 model anyway, so I'll have the best of both worlds

User Info: kyushudanji

kyushudanji
4 weeks ago#17
You could probably buy a used model in excellent condition. Places such as Tsutaya, Book Off, and some second-hand stores have reasonable prices.

Also, look for any of the Value Packs since they come with a 16GB memory card.

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
4 weeks ago#18
DominiqueT posted...
You should

It'd save time buying in person instead of ordering one online.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Should i get a vita while i am in Japan?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived