Anarchy Help Hotline

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anarchy Reigns
  3. Anarchy Help Hotline

User Info: Lux_Ultima

Lux_Ultima
4 years ago#21
VagrantSun posted...
Lux_Ultima posted...
Are you teaching people how to guard cancel o.o

. . . hold RT?

It's not like it's a big secret.

Twitch cancel I mean. Cuz then the game will get crazy o.o
Hate me, It fuels my flame of joy,
Destix Star

User Info: VagrantSun

VagrantSun
4 years ago#22
Not Getting Stunned

Your main enemy as Douglas is random stuns when you try to break jab pressure. Here's how to prevent it:

Don't get in jab wars.

Douglas's jabs suck. Don't rely on them to counter pressure at all - that's what you have AAs and his divinely-inspired dash attack for. Once you're not guarding 2-3 jab series, you can go back to fencing with his jabs, but don't even try to fight with it.

Douglas's best range is just outside of everyone else's lean range, where he has the space to throw dashes, jLKWs, grab charges, superarmor launchers to punish said leans, and all of his other nonsense. Don't get suckered into playing someone else's game; get out with your dash and get back to where you belong. If they just stay on you? Dash attack again. It's not like they can stop you.

This said, be wary of Rins; they have some of the only tools in the game that can freeze and frustrate the Cross Body.

Delay X, guard canceled, is another excellent choice for restoring distance, particularly when your opponent's back is to the wall. At that point all dashes become punishable, so use the delay X to back up and get your game back on.

Guard Pressure

As Douglas, you want people to block your dash attack, not take it as a hit.

Why?

You can kill people who get guard broken. Douglas's best combo, which is remarkably easy to do, will kill most Lvl.1 characters outright. His dash attack does oodles of guard damage, and is unpunishable - mix it up after one or two jabs. If you see a roll, or know one's coming, pause a split second then dash, so that you hit the guard reset animation at the end of the roll.

Another nice mixup is delay X > guard cancel > LKW / dash Y. It returns your spacing, throws out something to smack overeager followers, and is easy to mix in. Should you hit with either delay X or LKW, keep throwing LKWs - they'll combo.

The Death Combo

jHKW - run forward 2 steps - jLKW - jump forward jX - jLKW - X - X - Y - LKW

This kills everything in the game without exception. This alone makes Douglas good, because he can flawlessly murder you on any random stun or dizzy. Practice it and salivate.

VagrantSun
4 years ago#23
ArnoldsCat69 posted...
How do I not suck in rampage battles?

Rampage Master.

VagrantSun
4 years ago#24
Lux_Ultima posted...
VagrantSun posted...
Lux_Ultima posted...

. . . hold RT?

I've posted the button series several times, but I've never shown anyone the timing tricks or combos involved, mainly because I'd prefer this game not become more stupid. Like any Rin, if you want to learn how to use it, you're going to do it without my help. I want to balance the game, not wreck it.

User Info: Lux_Ultima

Lux_Ultima
4 years ago#25
VagrantSun posted...
Lux_Ultima posted...
VagrantSun posted...
Lux_Ultima posted...

. . . hold RT?

I've posted the button series several times, but I've never shown anyone the timing tricks or combos involved, mainly because I'd prefer this game not become more stupid. Like any Rin, if you want to learn how to use it, you're going to do it without my help. I want to balance the game, not wreck it.

Any character with twitch canceling does not balance game in my opinion lol but it's w.e I just don't want people doing it cuz some even use it on low levels and that so not fair lol
Hate me, It fuels my flame of joy,
Destix Star

User Info: ErotiicOreo

ErotiicOreo
4 years ago#26
Thanks alot vagrant. I knew alot of it but i just wanted to get another players view point. ^^ Also the charge Y roll level one can sometimes combo on hit. It also has super armor and when it whiffs its pretty safe believe it or not(unless the people I played didn't "Pick their moment.") Douglas charge Y is also godlike as well. Super armor, distance, and it has active frames when it's done.

User Info: Dr_Noah_Body

Dr_Noah_Body
4 years ago#27
Got to say, thank you as always Vagrant.
Providing great info as always.

@Lux
Well Lux, twitch cancels are very hard to pull off consistently.
You put yourself more in danger if you mess up since you are wasting meter and exposing yourself to a combo if you screw up. Even so you have learn the cooldown period where you can twitch from a combo.

Basically it's alot of work for a small addition to what you can do, at least in Bull's case.
I only twitch his Y-X into his basic jab string because it's a shame Bull can't combo into that naturally.

User Info: Fisticality

Fisticality
4 years ago#28
Just want to add something, Vagrant. I guess I'll go ahead and share a "few of my secrets" about his shift attack too.

When playing as Douglas - in order to utilize his shift attack cancel effectively as a spacing tool, an initial Weak (X) attack has to be made first (as you know). In other words, the player has to toss out a regular jab before gaining access to his shift attack. The player must be VERY careful in choosing when to make that first jab. I can not stress this enough. Every... single.. jab a Douglas player makes (on the ground) can get him stunned online.

Let's say you DO decide to allow his shift attack to come out hoping to connect. Even that will get a Douglas player stunned online. His shift attack does not have the same property as Leo's by any means. However, his shift attack does truly magnificent guard damage... if it connects. If a light character eats a Douglas shift attack on their guard, Douglas can immediately follow up with a Dash attack, an AA attack, a standard heavy attack, an air LKW or a **standard LKW to shatter it every time. The previous statement is only invalid in cases of extreme lag (which do exist, unfortunately).

**Note: If you do manage to connect a shift attack onto a light character's guard, following it up with a standard LKW will break it, but it will NOT give you a normal stun opening. This is because the ground LKW is 2-hit and the guard breaks on that first hit. If you use LKW to break a light character's guard, then you need to finish up with one or two more LKW's.

It is important to stay in "read" range. There are several ways to do this effectively. Shift attack canceling is one of the best, but it takes practice. The Rin sisters can utilize their shift attack as a spacing tool in the exact same way that Douglas can. They just have different options available to them instead. Plus, Rins don't get stunned off of their jabs nearly as easily as Douglas does. I also like how Nikolai, Max, and Leo can use their shift attacks. Theirs are very useful for mind games, gaining some room to reset, and simply punishing 360 attempts. You can do the same with Douglas to some degree.

To "stun or not be stunned" is the name of the game with Douglas. He hits incredibly hard, but the key to victory with him is learning how to overcome the stun problem. Lag makes a tremendous difference in this regard. It can be a factor even if you know what to do and when to do it. Knowing your opponent and playing safer is all you can really do to offset the latency issue. Always remember that his jabs are unsafe in general. Poorly conceived jab attempts can turn the tide of any encounter against you with this particular character.

User Info: LD_Ace_G

LD_Ace_G
4 years ago#29
ArnoldsCat69 posted...
How do I not suck in rampage battles?

You could always use rampage marauder. But im pretty sure you wanna be good at rampage battles without it. When I get into a rampage battle, I put my thumb over the button I want to press. But instead of pressing with your thumb, I vibrate my wrist VERY quickly. You get a lot more button presses that way and I almost never lose to anyone. Requires a little practice but im sure you could do it.
GT: LD Ace G
#knicksnation

User Info: ArnoldsCat69

ArnoldsCat69
4 years ago#30
I will try that. Also I used to use rampage marauder and I still lost rampage battles.

Yeah.

I am THAT bad.
GT: ArnoldsCat PSN: ACNuBurs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_dzevyFK8
  1. Boards
  2. Anarchy Reigns
  3. Anarchy Help Hotline

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived