Anarchy Help Hotline

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anarchy Reigns
  3. Anarchy Help Hotline

User Info: ArnoldsCat69

ArnoldsCat69
4 years ago#41
Wouldn't you need to put a turbo function on every single button? And the would you have to turn it on during the rampage battle, or would you just leave it on the whole game? I can imagine it getting really annoying having a turbo button on constantly.

Seems to much effort for me
GT: ArnoldsCat PSN: ACNuBurs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_dzevyFK8

User Info: schpeltiger

schpeltiger
4 years ago#42
Wireless only here. I should really ought get myself a usb controller at least, but I never really saw the point of turbo controllers. Not when there are all sorts of ways to mash harder, bail, or at least lame out rampage battles in this game.
GT: l0ve deluxe

User Info: Vixen_Fang_Kyu

Vixen_Fang_Kyu
4 years ago#43
ArnoldsCat69 posted...
Wouldn't you need to put a turbo function on every single button? And the would you have to turn it on during the rampage battle, or would you just leave it on the whole game? I can imagine it getting really annoying having a turbo button on constantly.

Seems to much effort for me

i agree i think is more hassle than its worth
Enjoy looking 'cuz it may be your last.

User Info: V1V3

V1V3
4 years ago#44
Deadoverseeer posted...
LD_Ace_G posted...
Bellethor posted...
The problem I have with rampage battles is that my hand is really big and my fingers are huge and long, so I end up pressing the guide button and I die.

LOL you probably just need to practice controlling your fingers ( more importantly your thumb ) and with my method you should do much better at keeping your finger in one place.

@Dr_Noah_Body
Awesome! Its great that my method works for you. Im gonna have to test just how well it works for you myself next time I get back on Anarchy.

Sounds like a sex joke o.o

"Rampage battle"
nnnf so horny
PG- Platinum never loses its luster.
XBL GT - Cholocandy

User Info: Dr_Noah_Body

Dr_Noah_Body
4 years ago#45
@Fisticality

Man, if only you were there. You know when you start a rampage battle and as soon as that bar shows up you INSTANTLY lose? Yea that s*** was rampant back in the early days.
I know I'm slightly above average when it comes to mashing but damn son, I'm not that bad.

Nowadays that problem isn't as bad as it was but there are some individuals who need that little edge.

The only acceptable use of turbo controllers should be on shoot em ups/space shooters/bullet hells.
I mean damn, if the developer didn't make it so you can hold the button to shoot forever so you don't have to keep mashing it then yea go turbo.

User Info: Fisticality

Fisticality
4 years ago#46
@Dr. Bull:

Yea, for bullet hell shmups I see no problem with turbo controllers whatsoever. ArnoldsCat made a good point about the hassle of programming each button for a game like AR. That really just depends on which controller the user has. Some of those 3rd party controllers allow for every button to gain the "press and hold for turbo" function. But I've never owned one (and never will) personally.

Rampage duels are fun imo. I have no problem with anyone being "legitimately" faster than me at mashing. Sometimes lag can screw up a good duel, but it doesn't happen all that often.

User Info: Deadoverseeer

Deadoverseeer
4 years ago#47
Cholocandy posted...
Deadoverseeer posted...
LD_Ace_G posted...
Bellethor posted...
The problem I have with rampage battles is that my hand is really big and my fingers are huge and long, so I end up pressing the guide button and I die.

LOL you probably just need to practice controlling your fingers ( more importantly your thumb ) and with my method you should do much better at keeping your finger in one place.

@Dr_Noah_Body
Awesome! Its great that my method works for you. Im gonna have to test just how well it works for you myself next time I get back on Anarchy.

Sounds like a sex joke o.o

"Rampage battle"
nnnf so horny

You...off my planet....now..
Your dreams have been crushed by fate

User Info: VagrantSun

VagrantSun
4 years ago#48
LD_Ace_G posted...
@deadoverseeer

Hahaha I wasnt thinking like that when I posted the message, honest!

@VagrantSun

Got anything for Mathilda? I need my own staple character ( paradonyx-sasha, deadlockk-baron, lux-fei-rin, vagrant/noah-BB, etc. ) and Mathilda gets no love lol I want to own mathilda and make people nervous when I use her. Starting tomorrow I am on a mission to become the best Mathilda user

Matilda is actually my worst character, but I can give it a shot anyways.

Leaning Causes Cancer

Matilda has - and I am not joking - the worst leans in the game. Every time you hold forward for anything, you are asking for a stun, be it an opening jab or a shift or even her dash attack. Don't do this. Run or roll up close, jump attack, anything except leans.

Juggle Mania

If Matilda touches you, you should lose three-quarters of your health bar. This is her forte; you need to practice her juggles constantly, since she has to work for them harder than anyone else. She has two seperate infinites, the ability to juggle into her charge HKW, and a hard knockdown in her Y (delay) X - Y. A decent punish combo goes as such:

Y - (delay) X - Y - A+Y - jX - jX - Y - X - A+Y - jLKW - jLKW - jHKW

I can't get her jX double to land except in very rare occasions; her timing throws me off. Maybe you'll have better luck with it.

As jab confirms go, this one comes courtesy of Dr. Noah, who is a wizard:

X - X - X - X - Y - A+Y - jX - jX - Y - (delay) X - Y - A+Y - jLKW - jLKW - jHKW

I'm not sure if the AA is natural or cancel, but it's the most brutal thing I've ever seen a Matilda do.

Charge Shenanigans

Matilda has the fastest charge HKW in the game, and it covers a fair distance quickly; like Oinkie, it's a vital part of her ground mixup. Alternate the regular charge and the Lvl. 2 HKW; the latter shatters guards instantly and has far greater range, and the former has the speed to punish most people trying to stop the big version from comin out.

Guard Pressure

Matilda has problems here. Her extended jab string is useful for meter recovery and some pressure, but her real guard damage comes from her X - Y and X - X - Y strings; they have additional attacks that can be strung after to catch punish attempts, and hammer guards relatively well.

Her charge Y is also worth noting for its sheer speed, tracking, and relative difficulty in punishing, though like all charge Ys, use sparingly or not at all against lunge characters.

User Info: LD_Ace_G

LD_Ace_G
4 years ago#49
@VagrantSun

Thanks yet again for more helpful info. From what I hear, she has fantastic guard pressure and her best ability is charge attacker. I LOVE breaking guards lol so this is great for me.
GT: LD Ace G
#knicksnation

User Info: masterdevil007

masterdevil007
4 years ago#50
Rampage is so lame. It's a comeback mechanic that's broken in DM, plus laggers and turbo users win these things almost instantly. I normally end up in draws, but there are always some people who seem to win it all in a single button press.

Oh and good thread and all, but isn't there already an all-encompassing guide, which I believe a few here also contributed to themselves??

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/620291-anarchy-reigns/faqs/67156
  1. Boards
  2. Anarchy Reigns
  3. Anarchy Help Hotline

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived