Anyone here have a PS3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anarchy Reigns
  3. Anyone here have a PS3?

User Info: LD_Ace_G

LD_Ace_G
4 years ago#11
Gen_MaxGluteus posted...

On PS3, if youre at red health, no one is going to wait for you to finish a 1v1 in a BR lol. Theyre going to snag that kill and get those points. That is how it should be too. Every man for himself. Competition is fierce over there but not shady the way it kinda is here. People know how to play vs each other and not act uncivilized.

360 community does some really weird crap. But since this week, its actually busier over here than PS3 now that so many new people showed up recently. 360 has about as many non-japan people playing. While PS3 has the japanese player base, if you can tolerate their lag. you can still find a match on PS3, but its not any more alive than it is here. Its died down a bit.

You're right. It should be every man for himself. Normally when we screw around in BR lobbies, we would watch 1v1 fights... But when its a serious lobby, everyone is hungry for them points so kill stealing is what happens. Idk how many times I've stolen kills due to lack of points lol
GT: LD Ace G
#knicksnation

User Info: V1V3

V1V3
4 years ago#12
This is good to know. I've quit AR for now, but 2-3 weeks later I'll be back on. Besides, more sales are always better; They increase the chance of a sequel.
PG- Platinum never loses its luster.
XBL GT - Cholocandy

User Info: kalki-v

kalki-v
4 years ago#13
Gen_MaxGluteus posted...
Btw, a new topic got made about how dead it is over on PS3:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620291-anarchy-reigns/66957745

Some regulars might come back after theyre done w Xillia/Dragon's Crown, but it was still wasnt even busy over there before those games came out.

Read the third and last post in the thread you linked.

Post-launch activity was arguably at an all-time high just before Dragon's Crown and Xilia dropped. We even started using the old Max Anarchy Skype group, which made intense team games even more entertaining.

The game was dead on Xbox for the past few weeks (couldn't even fill a DM), so the 'Anarchy Asylum' dummy account was made, which has led to an increase in activity this past week. The number of newcomers has also helped.

Of course, for either system, if you turn on the game in the middle of the day on a weekday, you will probably find nothing interesting, if anything at all. If you are in Europe than the lack of activity makes sense, since most American matches tend to happen late at night, once everyone has come home from their daily responsibilities.

Concerning lag, my experience on PS3 has been much better. Full BRs run terribly in comparison to Xbox (though neither are very good examples of exceptional netcode), but Xbox is far worse in terms of individual player lag. A player powering through clashes on PS3 is rare, but it happens all the time on Xbox (some people much more than others, of course).

I've personally never had a problem with Japanese players on either system. Frankly, I'd rather play with most Japanese players than suffer the headache that comes with trying to deal with certain American and European connections. Sure, they often pick Baron, but that isn't anything a good player should be worried about.

You are, however, correct in your observations of both communities. On PS3, team game lobbies with better players are usually even and everyone knows how to put up a fight, which leads to much more exciting matches. Skype calls exponentially increase the hype-levels. General Scyther-sama's commentary makes it feel like EVO grand finals.

Gen_MaxGluteus posted...

On PS3, if youre at red health, no one is going to wait for you to finish a 1v1 in a BR lol. Theyre going to snag that kill and get those points.

Indeed. On Xbox, if certain 50s hit red health, instead of a mad scramble to finish them off, their closest ally will drop everything to bodyguard them -- assuming the nearly dead 50 hasn't already bolted off with Master Evader.

Xbox collusions and scrub/fraud-gameplay tactics are still as strong as ever. It's the usual people, though. Thankfully we have Lord Zero. /Kappa

LD_Ace_G posted...
( happens all the time in team based modes unfortunately ).

That is bound to happen in team games. I mean, they *are* *team* games. If you are getting jumped by the other team then -- assuming it's nothing shady like allies intentionally sabotaging your team -- the other team is simply outplaying you. Granted, this isn't necessarily due to fair circumstances (e.g. four 50s vs. a squad of newcomers), but it is the nature of team games.

User Info: ArnoldsCat69

ArnoldsCat69
4 years ago#14
I joined a Jap team battle lobby earlier, as soon as they saw me they ALL switched to baron, apart from my team.

I played the Caymanator the first game, I got leader and then proceeded to eat about 4 Barron HKWs. So then I decided to switch it up to Barron as well. Dumbest game I have played in ages, still fun though.
GT: ArnoldsCat PSN: ACNuBurs Add away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS2wE7BZel0

User Info: Gen_MaxGluteus

Gen_MaxGluteus
4 years ago#15
LD_Ace_G posted...

I hardly see anyone get double/triple teamed in a BR ( happens all the time in team based modes unfortunately ).

The past few days the BR lobbies have been fantastic. And even more newbies are joining, making this game even more fun to play. Most of the regulars never jump new players and we watch 1v1 bouts in the lobby before fighting the winner.

If one team is outplaying the other in a team based mode, then yes a 2, 3, or 4 on 1 gang up is supposed to happen. That's why their called "team" games. If all people wanna do is 1v1, then they need to stay in Cage match. But if somebody on my team is friends with the other side and on some kinda silent "no fight" agreement, that person may as well not be playing on my side. That is NOT cool. It always leads to an imbalance and is just a form of sandbagging.

People like that should be playing on the same team and not holding back the other side with their bullcrap. If somebody shows up in a room where all their friends on the other team, they either need to expect to fight their friends or just leave the room til a spot comes open on their friends' side. Otherwise, fight for your damn team. Xbox folks do a lot of the mess that Im talking about. You show up in a full lobby thinking your gonna have a good match, but no, somebody is letting an enemy or two walk around freely while they zone in on jumping the non-friends. Theres a real problem with that over here.

User Info: MrMikeMa

MrMikeMa
4 years ago#16
I imported this from Japan for the PS3, and bought the N/A version for the Xbox 360.

Yeah, I'm pathetic.

User Info: LD_Ace_G

LD_Ace_G
4 years ago#17
MrMikeMa posted...
I imported this from Japan for the PS3, and bought the N/A version for the Xbox 360.

Yeah, I'm pathetic.

LOL the game was definetely worth it though. And you get to be a part of 2 communities! You get to play with the best on each system
GT: LD Ace G
#knicksnation

User Info: TimberFalls

TimberFalls
4 years ago#18
MrMikeMa posted...

Yeah, I'm pathetic.

That's exactly what I did.

User Info: Fisticality

Fisticality
4 years ago#19
I don't own a PS3. But I found out that PS3 players who imported have to start over and rank up again in the NA version.

From what I hear, the 360 version simply does a region match. So anyone who imported the game for 360 last July didn't start over when the NA version dropped. The console recognizes the native region, despite the game being made region-free.

Imo, this really isn't a big deal though. It's merely just one of the minute differences between versions.
  1. Boards
  2. Anarchy Reigns
  3. Anyone here have a PS3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived