picking up mines

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. picking up mines

User Info: knives out

knives out
5 years ago#1
whose mines can you pick up? i thought you could pick up enemy mines until this morning. i got out of the tank and was unable to pick up the mines. thinking theyre friendly i drove over them and derp im dead.
Man created god in his own image.

User Info: Frohike

Frohike
5 years ago#2
If you don't see them on the minimap, they're not friendly. >_>

User Info: Robot_Zaextar

Robot_Zaextar
5 years ago#3
And if you could pick up enemy equipment, that'd be rather pointless.
Man, I don't even know what to put here. Tell me.
Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/zaextar

knives out
5 years ago#4
so when im hitting 'X' to pick up mines whose are they?

User Info: Lightdud

Lightdud
5 years ago#5
I'm assuming that if the enemy engineer who laid out the mines, dies, THEN you can pick them up. Because I know I've picked up enemy mines as well.

User Info: JE19426

JE19426
5 years ago#6
knives out posted...
so when im hitting 'X' to pick up mines whose are they?

Enemies but you're playing Enigneer. Only they can pick up mines.
Things I dislike: People that talk about religion on video game forums and people that refer to FF4 and FF6 as FF2 and FF3 without explaining it.

User Info: resante_1

resante_1
5 years ago#7
As Engineer you can pick up the mines you place during your current life. If you die your mines stay in place but you can't move them.

knives out
5 years ago#8
there is a lot of contradicting info coming out here. ive actually spawned as an engineer and picked up mines that were not mine. ive also been blown up by mines that i was unable to pick up. from this i am either:

picking up friendly mines

or

only able to pick up certain enemy mines

User Info: dan783

dan783
5 years ago#9
Quick note, the other day when i walked slowly (not ran, they blow up then) past an enemy claymore I saw a press X option, but ignored it (as I was helping the teammates out). After I killed him I went to check out the claymore again, but a teammate just had to run past it killing us both.

It may work with mortars or other items as well though. I usually just blow up their mines myself for the xp/ribbon reward when I spot them.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. picking up mines

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived