How low do you have to fly to be under radar/lock-on from ground to air?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. How low do you have to fly to be under radar/lock-on from ground to air?

User Info: grocco

grocco
4 years ago#1
I'm assuming the altitude measurement is in feet, correct? (or is it meters?) The other night I was flying a heli around 20 feet or so off the ground and was still getting the lock tone. Do my wheels need to be touching the ground to avoid stingers? Damn...
PSN: GRocco1970
"Wherever you go, there you are..." BB

User Info: TrgaDaBest

TrgaDaBest
4 years ago#2
Did you get shot by a stinger?
Maybe it was a laser designator trying to lock you?
PSN: TrgaDaBest I'm Trigga and I'm the Best at what I does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRpvdH8_yQ

grocco
4 years ago#3
It could have been, but I don't remember seeing anyone (not that that means anything). There is no way to tell the difference between a ground lock and an air lock, right?

User Info: TrgaDaBest

TrgaDaBest
4 years ago#4
Not that I'm aware of. I'm a noob in the sky though so I could be wrong.

I know there were times when I was flying around like a lunatic and I could hear that I was locked on to for a good minute but no one ever fired at me. I would assume i was laser marked but no one had a jav/guided shell.
PSN: TrgaDaBest I'm Trigga and I'm the Best at what I does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRpvdH8_yQ

User Info: JStewVGM

JStewVGM
4 years ago#5
Yeah it was probably a SoFlam or third seat in a tank marking.

User Info: JStewVGM

JStewVGM
4 years ago#6
Wait... what is your current set up?

Sorry double post

grocco
4 years ago#7
I don't remember off the top of my head, I haven't been flying helis long though, so probably nothing great.

User Info: Sleeping Dragon

Sleeping Dragon
4 years ago#8
Just wondering, since you said you haven't been flying in helicopters too long, but did you unlock Under the Radar?

I'm assuming you have, but it is a later perk, so you might not have it if you don't have too much experience with the vehicle yet.

grocco
4 years ago#9
Sleeping Dragon posted...
Just wondering, since you said you haven't been flying in helicopters too long, but did you unlock Under the Radar?

I'm assuming you have, but it is a later perk, so you might not have it if you don't have too much experience with the vehicle yet.

That doesn't sound familiar. I just looked it up, it's called 'below radar' and nope, I don't have it yet.

User Info: ilovecolddeck

ilovecolddeck
4 years ago#10
If it shows on yo' HUD thing as a red "Lock" then it's laser guided.. if it's white then it's just a normal lock.. I'm not too sure on the below radar and how it works I never rely on it to save my sphincter
[R3D] London-SV
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. How low do you have to fly to be under radar/lock-on from ground to air?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived