First Review

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FallenRazgriz

FallenRazgriz
5 years ago#1
The Darkness 2 scored 8.1 in PSM3.

"Although the Darkness II is a far-from perfect shooter, it does tell a compelling story that compares favourably to genre greats such as Bioshock, Half-life 2 and Resistance 3."

"No, it doesn't tell a delicate emotional tale the way the original does, but the ending will still leave your head spinning, even as the horrific executions have your stomach churning."

User Info: gamefan190

gamefan190
5 years ago#2
http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/147.jpg
Anticipated Games- Asura's Wrath, Mass Effect 3, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Warriors Orochi 3, Resident Evil 6, Metal Gear Solid Revengeance

User Info: awesomephatman

awesomephatman
5 years ago#3
I'd be interested to read the rest of the review. That is pretty high praise to be comparing it to the stories of Half Life 2 and BioShock.

Thanks for posting.
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship

User Info: megadeth1117

megadeth1117
5 years ago#4

Good news, I just hope the game isn't too short.

Also, kind of off-topic, but putting Resistance 3 next to Bioshock and Half Life 2 is crazy. 

User Info: Pdiddy105

Pdiddy105
5 years ago#5

8.1 for a first review is kind of a let down. 

i wonder what their biggest problems with the game were.

User Info: dark_crisis0

dark_crisis0
5 years ago#6
Since when is 8+ a bad score? its a great score in fact.
PSN - Lagnewb

User Info: PixelDaemon

PixelDaemon
5 years ago#7
For comparison sake, they gave Kingdoms of Amalur a 7.8 in the same issue, didn't they?
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."

User Info: Pdiddy105

Pdiddy105
5 years ago#8

its not a bad score, its just relatively low for a first review.

for comparison the first review for the original darkness was a 9 IIRC.

User Info: FallenRazgriz

FallenRazgriz
5 years ago#9
megadeth1117 posted...
Good news, I just hope the game isn't too short.Also, kind of off-topic, but putting Resistance 3 next to Bioshock and Half Life 2 is crazy.

The review says that it took 6 hours to complete the story on normal difficulty. They didn't say how long the co-op campaign was though. If you guys have any questions/concerns, then ask away and i'll see if I can find the answer in the review.

User Info: megadeth1117

megadeth1117
5 years ago#10

fallenrazgriz posted...
megadeth1117 posted...
Good news, I just hope the game isn't too short.Also, kind of off-topic, but putting Resistance 3 next to Bioshock and Half Life 2 is crazy.

The review says that it took 6 hours to complete the story on normal difficulty. They didn't say how long the co-op campaign was though. If you guys have any questions/concerns, then ask away and i'll see if I can find the answer in the review.

Thanks for the response.

Six hours is even shorter than I hoped, guess I'll wait for a price drop then. 

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived