You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains
spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
1) The story is incredibly fragmented and disjointed
2) Unpolished and terribly implemented systems and menu systems.
3) After the epilogue when you go to newyork and frontier there are segments which activate cutscenes showing the british being thrown out and the native americans leaving. In the native american one, your model changes to a very wizened older looking Connor, worse yet, he's inquiring about where they went when he had already known they left earlier in the game before killing lee even.
4) Missing viewpoints causing confusion during liberate missions.
5) Missing content, what happened to all those 100 man battles connor would have to run through? Instead we got a cannonball segment and a horseback fire squad segment.
6) Animations not working properly in cutscenes, mouths not being synced or in alot of cases just not moving at all.
This isnt even covering the holster bug, or the ring bug which has infinite notice spam and replaces your guns with pitcairns pistol every load, the shoddy frame rate etc.
Game is incredibly rushed, there are entire segments missing maybe sold as DLC or just cut out from the trailer and some E3 demos. Honestly here are just SOME of the things I noticed and these arent the common bugs everyone is experiencing.
Having entirely finished the game FYI.
Bugs are undeniably present, and testing was definitely rushed, but that doesn't mean the whole game is.
1) Story is subjective, I think so far it is amazing and the first half is supposed to be the worse half, but that's my opinion. The story would have been created earliest, after deciding on the era/location so if anything, it would be the last thing in the game to be rushed.
2) Menu systems are irrelevant to how 'rushed' a game is, most likely a poor design decision
3) Haven't finished, so can't comment
4) You mean you can't synchronize or something even if it has an icon?
5) It's not rushed if they took out a segment they already developed lol
6)I've seen this happen once, amusing, but again, it's just another bug, testing is not the only part of the game design
Crappy framerate is due to the current gen's limitations, that also goes for the horrible LOD textures. There's so much packed onto the screen that the console has trouble rendering, it's not the games fault
While I enjoy the game, I do agree that everything seems unpolished and the story just seems to be missing points (especially near the end).
You apparently skipped that homestead mission. Because I think its incredibly obvious....and it was one of the saddest scenes in the game.
To die without leaving a trace, that is the legacy of the Garo
the game testers were probably beavers
blackops 2 is (umming........on ur mum.
PSN:DevilMayCryX666, Youtube account: xKidGokux
It sold a crapload of copies, it doesnt need to be good. Making good games died a long time ago. Now its about making good $.
Lowering expectations will always make for a more enjoyable experience.
Jesus Christ, what horrifying times we live in.
And you can't blame others for being hyped when Ubisoft directly promised things that plain aren't in the game.
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
I thought it was really well done but I do think another month or two just to polish it up would have been good. Ubisoft said though years ago no matter what AC3 would be out before the Apocalypse in 2012. When is it 12/12/12? or something. When the Mayan calendar runs out what Nostradamus predicted. Since the game deals with said apocalypse the solar flares and first civ is their explanation. However due to that theyd have it out by then no matter what. They did if it came out next year then the game would have taken place in the past rather than the near future and that isn't what they were going for. Bottom line I think gamers would have preferred a few months for a more polished game than a finished game, yes, but barely. That being said I put it right next to ac2 and have no doubt in my mind if they took another 6 months I would place it above ac2.
The foretold Apocalypse is Dec. 21st
ajmrowland posted...Lowering expectations will always make for a more enjoyable experience.
But am I wrong? I'm not a cynical person. I dont go doom and gloom with every thought I have, but I simply dont let every imperfection or perceived imperfection hinder my enjoyment. That's all I'm saying. No game is the most awesome game ever-not to everyone anyway-and that will always be the case.
I really liked the game. About up their with AC2. anyway, gotta gofinish the epilogue.
Play Liberations and say this game was rushed. lol
AC3 proper is so, so, so much better in pretty much every way. The "it's on a handheld" excuse doesn't fly this time.
[PHI] Darth_Snider - http://prohicimmortalis.com/forum
The backlog: http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=darthsnider
Add user to Ignore List after reporting