User-Unfriendly Game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SpaceChem
  3. User-Unfriendly Game

User Info: raydowner_uk

raydowner_uk
4 years ago#1
This game is ridiculous. I excelled at chemistry and studied it at degree level and I'm stuck on the second tutorial level...... the one with the hydrogen molecule.

What are you meant to do?

raydowner_uk
4 years ago#2
30 minutes later and still no idea.... tried every combination there is. Looked on YouTube and can't find a solution

This has got to be one of the worst designed games I've ever seen. A game so poorly designed that it doesn't even want you to know how to play it.

Shame because the concept is intriguing.

raydowner_uk
4 years ago#3
Lmao worked it out..... how utterly stupid this is.

..... now the next level doesn't even tell me what it wants me to make... the one with Platinum, Gold etc..

I swear this is the worst tutorial I've ever seen..

The worst advertisement for a game ever.

User Info: Azumininja

Azumininja
4 years ago#4
The learning curve is indeed a bit steep, but I really like this game. One of the best puzzlers I have played in a long time.

I am at the end of world 4 and I am completely stuck at the moment, though I have to confess I had to check YouTube for a few levels.
"Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over: an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

raydowner_uk
4 years ago#5
I managed to work out the one with Gold and platinum (i.e I actually now understand the output zones, the input zones and the general rules the game works by). Since then I have done another level or two and it's starting to click. This is largely because I understand the programming tools I've got to work with and the way the game works and it's interface.

I still maintain that the tutorial is poor. Sometimes it is adequate but other times it's not. I was patient and stuck with it because I saw the potential in this game (I suspect that many others would dismiss it instantly). It's not a lot of fun trying to solve a puzzle when you don't know the rules to play by.

I've got background in Chemistry (not that it matters much here) and understand mathematical programming and algorithms but I imagine it must be massively difficult to understand if you are staring from no experience in it at all.

User Info: Azumininja

Azumininja
4 years ago#6
raydowner_uk posted...
I still maintain that the tutorial is poor.

Definitely, I had to learn a few thing by looking at solutions on YouTube (which I try to keep at a minimum).

But I am glad I stuck with it. It is hard as balls and I am not even halfway. I do wish my solutions were not so ugly though.
"Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over: an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

User Info: derp420

derp420
4 years ago#7
If you look at the flash games the same developer made you'll notice the same thing. The learning curve is practically vertical, but once you understand it you feel like a genius every time you get through a level.
www.cracked.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/8/3/3183_slide.gif
http://i.imgur.com/NlUVU.gif
  1. Boards
  2. SpaceChem
  3. User-Unfriendly Game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived