Rocksmith cable + ASIO4ALL + Amplitube 3 = Pure win

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rocksmith
  3. Rocksmith cable + ASIO4ALL + Amplitube 3 = Pure win

User Info: Cerialz

Cerialz
5 years ago#1
Hey, just sharing something I've done yesterday:

I've downloaded a driver called ASIO4ALL to use the rocksmith cable in my computer:

www.asio4all.com

And then I used it with a software some of you might know, called Amplitube 3, and now I can play my guitar in my computer. I am really amazed at how well this works. The lag is literally 0, and I can record a riff and then switch the type of distortion I want on it without having to play it again. I can also record several layers of guitar tracks and export it all to a single sound file.

Seriously, this all by itself makes the purchase of Rocksmith worth its while.

The driver is free, and even though Amplitube 3 is paid, there is a free software called Audacity which also works, but with limited functionalities, of course.

Feel free to also post your experiences with using guitar on the computer.

User Info: Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90
5 years ago#2
You discovered plugging your guitar into your computer. Congrats buddy.
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90

User Info: Cerialz

Cerialz
5 years ago#3
Well that's an oversimplification...I had plugged my guitar into my computer through microfone jack some years ago. That's different from turning your computer into a fully integrated recording and mixing station, I think.

But anyways, I've searched the boards for ASIO4ALL and Amplitube and didn't find anything, so I'm sharing the tip for anyone who feels like trying it out

User Info: Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90
5 years ago#4
You can use a variety of recording programns to record outside devices. FL studio is another great programn to use, though it is quite complicated. Plug in a guitar or MIDI keyboard and have fun.
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90
  1. Boards
  2. Rocksmith
  3. Rocksmith cable + ASIO4ALL + Amplitube 3 = Pure win

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived