Cutter + SwiftStrike Buckler?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Spiral Knights
  3. Cutter + SwiftStrike Buckler?

User Info: DustyShouri

DustyShouri
5 years ago#1
Would the cutter benefit from faster attack speed, or is there a speed cap? I have a cutter, and my friend can craft the SwiftStrike buckler, so I was thinking of getting him to craft me one... but I don't want to shell out the 200 energy and end up with a useless, and weaker shield and 200 energy gone to waste.

Does anyone have personal experience with this combo?

User Info: Metallic Man

Metallic Man
5 years ago#2
I've never used the combo before, but considering how fast the cutter line already is, I doubt you would even notice the increase in speed. It would be more useful with the heavier/slower swords. Also, it might not even be worth it, since you can't upgrade it.
XBL GT: Psych0X
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l406/n00b11CE/MetallicMan.gif

User Info: neon screen

neon screen
5 years ago#3
You don't really need more attack speed with a Cutter, it's fast enough already. It is pretty awesome though - I have a high AS Dread Venom Striker and when combined with Swiftstrike Buckler, the speed is really insane.

I'd recommend getting a Swiftstrike anyway, it's hella useful for anything that's not a bomb, and especially if you're planning on using the Avenger or Faust.

User Info: DustyShouri

DustyShouri
5 years ago#4
I went ahead and got it. Recorded 60fps with fraps before and after. Before a full swing was roughly 2.75 seconds. After it was almost 2 seconds on the dot. Quite the improvement and in fact it was noticeable before I even crunched the numbers.
  1. Boards
  2. Spiral Knights
  3. Cutter + SwiftStrike Buckler?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived