When does Madeline ask for an Idol?

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. When does Madeline ask for an Idol?

User Info: Freelancer487

Freelancer487
5 years ago#1
So I've attempted some search fu and I've even waited around a bit, hoping that this question would be asked/answered or I would figure it out myself, but I guess not.

So my dilemma goes something like this:

I have a Bronze Idol. I had a Silver Idol. I have a Gold Idol.

Now when Claxton asked me for an idol, I first went and grabbed the bronze one before finding out that the quality of the idol affects the quality of the items, sooo I decided to hang on to it. Now while I was still trying to discover how to make Fournival happy so I could cop the Gold Idol, Barnaby from the pawn guild calls me up and says to go two-piece a cyclops out in the boonies and a Silver Idol will be my reward.

So I run out, two-piece the cyclops, get my reward, and come on back to town. At this point I assume in my head, "If I give Claxton the Silver Idol now, I can give him the GoId Idol later." And instead of saving first and testing it with the two lesser idols I had in hand, I just up and give this man the Silver Idol. Immediately after doing so, I run to Fournival's house and NOW he wants me to baby sit his little accident.

So I babysit the heck out of this brat, get the Gold Idol, run back to Claxton to try and give it to him, hit X and the only things I can give him are.... some random irrelevant to me items that aren't idols.

I didn't escort Madeline in the beginning (I didn't know she existed to I went to the inn one day and saw her there), and she isn't asking me for anything. So now what do I do? I want those dope items D:

User Info: Sharazure

Sharazure
5 years ago#2
How did you get the gold idol? I let her win the race and everything, and she gave me an empty flask .__.
XBL GT: SiX6SiX REAPER

User Info: Freelancer487

Freelancer487
5 years ago#3
Find her ASAP in hide n seek.

Get her water AS SOON as she asks (I had a flask on hand).

Let her win the race (but stay close to be safe). She asks for you not to hold back, so I just jogged right behind her to be sure.

User Info: Sharazure

Sharazure
5 years ago#4
Well, I did all that except with the water, I ran back to the shop and purchased a bottle of it and brought it back asap.
XBL GT: SiX6SiX REAPER

User Info: Freelancer487

Freelancer487
5 years ago#5
There was a line at the shop, wasn't there?

Lame jokes a side, I dunno what happened then. Maybe I got lucky at Hide 'n Seek? She was in the inn for me so I literally found her in about 2-3 seconds.

User Info: Sharazure

Sharazure
5 years ago#6
Yeah I found her instantly, I read where she was ahead of time. Maybe theres 99% chance or the idol and 1% chance for the empty bottle of water that you gave her .__.
XBL GT: SiX6SiX REAPER

User Info: Sharazure

Sharazure
5 years ago#7
With that being said, do I "gift" the idol or no? Because I have a silver idol, and Caxton never asked for it like he did the bronze, however, Madeliene DID ask for an idol, non specified, and I have a quest to give it to her, the thing is, when I went t give it to her, the gaurds were after her, so she fled the city, took more money from me, and said I'll find her somewhere else, with a new shop. Still have no idea where to find her.
XBL GT: SiX6SiX REAPER
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. When does Madeline ask for an Idol?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived