Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern locations/respawn times? (Spoilers, I suppose)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern locations/respawn times? (Spoilers, I suppose)

User Info: JenniferTate

JenniferTate
4 years ago#1
I've only felled the drake once. I thought I was pretty cool to get a bunch of Dragonforged gear off of it...then now I'm hitting the point where base gear is an upgrade.

I didn't even know about the Dragonforging, so I'd like to face them prepared for it.

I only know where the Drake is, and I haven't seen him since. Any ideas on the respawn times and where the others are (as per that Achievement for slaying one of each)?

User Info: c0rr0s10n

c0rr0s10n
4 years ago#2
I felled the drake a while back too but i havent been back since a few days after it died. i think its a weeks respawn if at all for the drake. i will go back tonight unless someone knows for sure.
"You Big, Stupid, Jellyfish!"

User Info: iLXeNk

iLXeNk
4 years ago#3
I have to rest 7 times before that Drake respawns.
I checked repeatedly at 3, 5, and 7 days from the camp near the dragon.
In my game he only seems to respawn on the 7th day.

I would like to know where the Wyrm and Wyvern locations are and I'm hoping they aren't NG+ and NG++.

Also Dragonforging gear. Do you have to get hit by the fire to have a chance for your gear to be dragonforged? It feels like the only time my gear has been dragonforged is when I get hit by fire. I've been trying to confirm this by not getting hit by fire and the last 4 times I've killed it I haven't had any of my gear dragonforged. I've seen multiple posts saying you should let yourself get hit by the fire but I am having a hard time telling if those people are trolling or just feeding off of misinformation. Any help would be appreciated.
XBL GT: iLXeNk
Waiting for - The Last Guardian

User Info: DUGL4S

DUGL4S
4 years ago#4
iLXeNk posted...

I would like to know where the Wyrm and Wyvern locations are and I'm hoping they aren't NG+ and NG++.

Also Dragonforging gear. Do you have to get hit by the fire to have a chance for your gear to be dragonforged? It feels like the only time my gear has been dragonforged is when I get hit by fire. I've been trying to confirm this by not getting hit by fire and the last 4 times I've killed it I haven't had any of my gear dragonforged. I've seen multiple posts saying you should let yourself get hit by the fire but I am having a hard time telling if those people are trolling or just feeding off of misinformation. Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds kinda legit. I killed a drake just a bit ago and I made sure to switch to the armor and weapons that I wanted to be Dragonforged. But after I killed it only the weapon was. I'm pretty sure I didn't get hit my fire so.....idk. I might test this later.
GT: DUGL4S
I give away rare, locked / DLC items for Dragons Dogma. Keep a lookout for my posts to snag one up.

User Info: MisguidedPirate

MisguidedPirate
4 years ago#5
iLXeNk posted...

It's just a random percentage on scoring a kill - something like 15%, calculated seperately for everything you have equipped. So whether or not you get any Dragonforged equipment - and if so, how many pieces - is based almost purely on luck.
XBL : Crossbit

User Info: c0rr0s10n

c0rr0s10n
4 years ago#6
After reading the guide I think I remember leveling your gear is this: each level tier is a percentage that goes up the higher the weapon stage. The weapon needs to be at least 1 star. to get to the next level its as follows

weapon Star level
2 is like 4%
3 is like 8%
Wyrmfire is like 12%

now with certain dragons the Ur in particular if online the upgrade is 100% chance, if the Ur is offline its around 30%
"You Big, Stupid, Jellyfish!"

User Info: F_Wolf

F_Wolf
4 years ago#7
iLXeNk posted...

New Game + is all there is. It is not a Soul's game. New Game+ is just like every traditional RPG New Game+, you just start the game over and keep your stats. It doesn't get harder.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern locations/respawn times? (Spoilers, I suppose)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived