Hijinxs on the Horizen 4 -Whats coming next !?!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Hijinxs on the Horizen 4 -Whats coming next !?!

User Info: closetblonde

closetblonde
2 months ago#361
Viri peered out of the house into the sprawling cave complex she called home to see her husband sitting quietly on a handy rock, watching Pockets and Slapdash plant Nightshade, Poison Willow and other flowers that thrived in the low light and dank humidity of the cave. The tots were laughing softly as they worked, Viri stiffening as she saw tendrils of Creeping Nightmare wave in the pile of plants. Slap smacked the tendrils as they rose for her face, Pockets sending a small bolt of lightning at them and the tots laughed again. Hissing urgently, she rolled her eyes as Drogetz looked everywhere but at her, finally figuring out his wife needed him. Pointing to the tendrils she raised an eyebrow and grinned as Drogetz panicked, wondering how the tots had sneaked a dangerous plant past him. As the dark elf bolted for the girls, Viri was distracted by the sound of the viewer. Running into the living room, she was surprised to see Neria's worried face. "Um, just remembered something. Pockets told me once that a really old lady she met deep in the rift had told her that she had special powers to be used in the event of something called 'The Pale Blood Moon'. Her powers would save eleven realms and fifteen worlds. I thought it was just Pockets being Pockets, making up stories but after what you told me..... Does the Pale Blood Moon ring a bell?" Viri bit her lip, "Sorry. Nothing," she confessed, worried again now too, "Tell you what, I'll let Ko know. Maybe she knows something. Anyway, they're making a flower garden now and we have a no magic rule in place so..." Neria laughed, "We have that as well! Okay, thanks Viri. And if you need Pockets to come home early, we don't mind taking her and Slapdash till Julia and Hawke come home." "It's two weeks tops. We can manage that!" laughed Viri, closing the viewer and bolting for the garden where she could hear Drogetz's screams of fury, the laughter of the tots and the hissing of the Creeping Nightmare plant....

Katniss walked over and took Ko's hand as the Pirate Queen emerged form their cabin, a thoughtful look on her face. "Anything wrong?" she asked worriedly. Ko forced a grin on her face, "No. Just Pockets being Pockets is all. Can you go get Yata for me again? I want to give her some orders regarding team Royal; as in, make sure El doesn't push herself too hard to win. Remember the last contest we had?" Katniss nodded, "Yeah. She, us and the munchies had a competition to see who could survive longest on Bleakfalls mountain, winner got a month's worth of slave duties. We all came down during the blizzard but she didn't, almost froze solid. Don't worry, I'll go get Yata for you!" Relieved Kat hadn't asked why Ko didn't simply use her 'twintuition' to tell Yata, the ranger raced off to find her future sister in law. Ko grew pensive as she vanished, mulling over Viri's second viewer call. Who was the old lady 'deep in the rift' and what did they mean, Pockets' powers would save elven realms and fifteen worlds? And how in the hell did they know about the Pale Blood Moon?!

Elara watched Alita strut about the deck, boasting about how the munchkins would win with a faint smile on her face. Deciding to nip the boasting in the bud before Zari and Ra snapped and tossed the hellion overboard, the arisen said loudly, "Of course, YOU'LL only be allowed to participate IF you finished all Mr. Smee's chores! Slaves for two days, remember? And *I* ordered you to help Mr. Smee." Nei and Batgirl started clapping as Alita's face went as white as her top and she grabbed her mop and started scrubbing. Reimi looked around reproachfully, "Slave duties were for master only!" "And master says clean up your damn mess!" shouted Elara, the crowd growing larger as off duty friends and crew gathered to see if there was going to be a temper explosion. Reimi pouted and sloshed her mop with more force than necessary, wetting El's feet....

closetblonde
2 months ago#362
What the HELL Red?!" screeched the elf, leaping backwards to avoid her boots getting soaked. Reimi pouted further and swished her mop around with deadly force, everyone jumping out of range as Alita snickered in the background. "Watch what you're doing!" snapped her arisen, "Remember *I* get to report to Ko as well about behaviour!" The little red head's eyes got wide and she quickly shuffled off to one side, Ra laughing as she heard Alita hiss, "Don't wreck it boobies! We've got a sure thing in the competition but we need to be able to compete!" Zari grinned at Ra who raised an eyebrow. The beauty leaned in close and whispered, "I've got one of the royal bodygaurds on my team; apparently he's an amazing swordsman AND has quite a deadly rune. Plus he's cute." "What's his name? Or didn't you think to ask?" teased Ra. Zari gave her friend a Look, "He's not as cute as my dragon knight but I *did* get his name. It's Ralenthar and he's usually responsible for Kira's safety but was away for a while on some secret mission or other. You'll see him later when we all have to team up." "I want to see him now," complained Nei. Zari suddenly stiffened and then pointed to a tall elf with dark hair and a neatly trimmed beard. Lines around his eyes and mouth spoke of hard training and harder battles but his face looked like he liked to laugh. Nei watched the way he carried himself, one hand always near his sword as he watched over the princesses and Urda from a distance. "Looks really competent," she commented, "Let's hope he helps you trash the munchkins!" Zari gave her friends an evil grin and a thumbs up. "Hang on," said Batgirl, "Is he watching over EL as well? She'll freak!" Immediately all eyes were on the volatile elf to see if she noticed the royal shadow....

Viri burst out laughing as she saw her husband tangled up in the Creeping Nightmare plant, the two girls trying to free him with various spells and dagger attacks. Drogetz noticed her and howled, "Stop laughing and HELP me! Slapdash thought the plant was hungry and fed it some roast bat. Now it's gone insane! And Pockets...OW! Sweetie, STOP casting Levin, okay? It hurts! Pockets decided it needed a drink so I'm up to my ass in mud as well!" Viri leaned against a handy stalacmite and laughed till the tears came. "Okay. Okay, girls. Step back. Yes, you two Pockets. Did you two remember the no magic rule?" she asked as soon as she could breathe again. "That was just for the door spell, wasn't it?" asked Slapdash, Pockets' face going blank as she tried to remember what she'd been told thirty minutes ago. "No, that was for ALL spells while we're in the cave, okay? Now, help me get Drogetz out of this," ordered Viri. Pockets and Slap looked at each then raced forward, Slap cutting at the vines while Pockets bashed the creeper root with her staff. Instantly the plant collapsed and Viri dragged her mud encrusted husband free. "Where did you get that?!" asked the dark elf, annoyed his favourite pair of boots had been ruined. The tots glanced at each then at the adults. "Um...from the ground?" hazarded Pockets. Drogetz face palmed as Viri snorted with amusement. "Where in the ground sweetie?" asked the succubus. Slap shrugged, "Dunno. it was in her magic sack. Is it dead?" "If it isn't it soon will be!" snarled Drogetz as he went to get a spade and weedkiller......

Deep in a cave, something that hadn't been human for millenia stirred, finally woken by Pockets' power. Casting their senses far and wide, the creature grinned as it sensed the holder of the power was in the succubi realm. Bring the wielder to me it hissed to thin air and a shadow detached itself form the wall and vanished.....

User Info: LonerwolfM

LonerwolfM
2 months ago#363
The shadow returned unable to depart the cave let alone the realm. The creature's power had not returned to full power - yet. It's slumber long, and the stars needed time to allign to ensure its full power. ONLY then would she be ready. "Curse You" The Creature roared in a voice that made The Mountain Cavern rumble. It had been Millenia after all, it wouldnt be long till everything alligned again...

Makoto returned to her cabin to review the reccomedations when every one of her senses stood on end and screamed warning. Testing it's power. The closer the time gets the stronger she will become. "Destiny draws ever nearer My Child. A Guardian is ever ready to embrace it!" Marumba's old words of warning never rang truer. The time to stand at the edge of the world was coming and Makoto stood ready. NOT on MY watch!...
GT LONER WOLF - Makoto, GT LONER WOLF 02 - Yata. Feel free to send 1 or both FR if need be:~) Enjoy ! Hopefully that message doesnt need retyped :~}

LonerwolfM
2 months ago#364
Hearing a knock on her Cabin door "Its Open" Makoto looked up. "You've been at this awhile. Wondered if everything ok? Or you needed a Break" Katniss asked. "It's Fine, Im just trying to get a few loose ends tied up while I can before we get back. Things could get hectic once we do. The welcome ceremony and celebration, We also have the Weddings, Ours included coming up, The Great Hunt will be most everyones first with the Tribe. I need a day or two to take any and every one who have NOT been on a Great Hunt on an trip to the Hunting Grounds and discuss the various duties and spcecial jobs entailed. Many need taugh the Tribe silent language, ALL before Pale Blood Moon" Makoto reminded.

"Worried?" Katniss sat in Ko's lap. "More so Cautiously Concered actually <grin while returning a kiss> Everyone who have volunteered so far have my completr trust and are more than capable. I WOULDNT allow them to go otherwhise. BUT this mission is still my responsibility as is everyone who volunteers. IF anything goes wrong what so ever the burden and danger ultimately NEEDS to be mine and mine alone" Makoto emphasized then lightening the mood asked "Whats going on out there? Anything I need to handle?" "No a few teams are getting acquainted. Typical Elara and munckin teasing or tomfoolary. "Zari, Nei and BG were talking about Elara meeting the new Elven teammate when I headed here" Katniss reported.

"We better go watch the fireworns then" Makoto suggested with a grin...

Outside Mr Shawe had posted the list of teams and individual members of each....
GT LONER WOLF - Makoto, GT LONER WOLF 02 - Yata. Feel free to send 1 or both FR if need be:~) Enjoy ! Hopefully that message doesnt need retyped :~}

closetblonde
2 months ago#365
Alita yelped as Nei muscled her out of the way, Reimi almost landing in her own bucket as Batgirl followed. "Watch it!" growled Rand as Zari winked seductively at the munchkins. "Want to meet our new team mate?" she giggled. "Whose new team mate?" asked Elara, her own team and Kira in tow. "Ours," tittered Zari, "Better go get Hawke little munchies!" Elara grabbed the hellion's ear as she made to swing her mop against Zari's backside, "NOT on ship!" she hissed, "Feel free to ruin her day during the competition though." The hellion grinned and, grabbing her fellow dingbats, homed in on a worried Hawke. The elven princess glanced around to see various friends nonchalantly head her way. "What's going on?" she growled suspiciously. "I have no id-oh no! You're going to lose!" breathed Kira in dismay. Elara's head shot round to see Zari leading a tall middle aged elf their way. Black hair held away from his face by a circlet, short beard neatly trimmed, the laughter lines on his face would have fooled anyone else but Elara; she was long used to the way her cousins carried themselves and she saw at a glance that this elf was a master of his craft, probably the shortsword. "Master Ralenthar," greeted Urda. The tall elf gave them a friendly grin, "I see you are part of my competition Urda. I will not go easy on you; indeed it'll be a joy to see how much you've improved since our last sparring match." Urda gave a small bow and Ralenthar turned his attention to Kira. "I trust you are *not* competing my lady?"

Princess pouty shook her head quickly, a blush rising up her face as she looked everywhere but at her royal protector. "And are you also competing your highness?" asked Ralenthar. Elara took a moment to realise he was talking to her. "Obviously! it's MY damn team!" came the tart reply. The master swordsman looked surprised for a moment then glanced at Urda, "Be sure to keep both princesses safe in my absence." Urda nodded again, her faint smirk echoed by everyone around them. Elara didn't disappoint, "Hang on! I don't NEED anyone to protect me! I am a highly accomplished magic archer, daggerist, sorceress and master of the munchkins! I can bloody well protect myself!" she shrieked. Alita's grin grew wider; first Kira betrays a crush on the good looking old guy then her master has a temper tantrum. At this rate the competition would be a cake walk. "I meant no disrepect," soothed Ralenthar, "It's just....your stature hardly lends itself to fighting." "Oh gawd, he's dead," giggled Misty as she held Neria back, "let her handle this." Zari looked on with alarm as her friend snarled in rage and moved like lightning, her hand already curled into a fist and then...she wasn't....

Elara suddenly found herself face down on the deck, arm twisted behind her, gasps of astonishment ringing out all around her. The pressure on her arm lessened slightly as a voice said, "I'm going to release you now your highness. Please do not attack me again." Nodding, the elf bounced onto her feet and swept the elf's legs out from under him. Or tried to. Elara watched dumbfounded as Ralen twisted to one side and grabbed her in a gentle bear hug. "You're fast but impulsive. Rather like Zyl, wouldn't you say Urda? Highness, please desist. I do not think you want your friends and munchkin subjects to see you, how does it go, owned?" he whispered. Mollified by the fact that Ralen thought her munchkins were her subjects, Elara nodded and stepped away. Bowing, Ralen rejoined Zari and her team, Nei fangirling over him instantly. "We're going to lose, aren't we?" asked El mechanically and Urda nodded.

"That was SO COOL!" gushed Rand, Reimi watching Ralen in awe. "We need to do something about him. Or we'll lose," sulked Alita, already plotting

LonerwolfM
2 months ago#366
"NO! I refuse to believe we dont have a chance. He HAS to have some kind of weakness that we can use. You have sparred with him Urda what do you suggest? Your his commanding officer for cripes sake" Elara reasoned. "True enough but whatever weakness is none that I know of has found it" Urda remarked.

NOT like he is Boss! "Much as I hate admitting it Grumpy has a point" Alita pulling the munchkins aside whispered adding "Even tho I loved seeing Grumpy and Urda eat a little crow just now. You know how much I hate losing. Another strong team beating us is 1 thing BUT I refuse to put up with Mr Pompass over there. Zari has all but counted the betting $ already. Far as she's concerned they cant lose. MUNCHKINS DONT LOSE! ESPECIALLY WITHOUT A FIGHT! <nods> WE need a plan" Alita admitted.

Meanwhile Makoto watched the various exchanges like a hawk. Silently she evaluated teams and the individuals within them and how they reacted. Pleased and proud of those who refused to roll over and die without a fight Makoto grinned and decided which team to bet on.

"This looks like it might go south quick." Katniss noted. "They are scrambling. They arent remembering the most important piece to this. This situation wont change nor will the odds of a particular team winning or not until they do" Makoto prophetised. "Ko! You cant hint at bombshell like that and leave me hanging" Katniss teased. "How long hqave you known me Pet? <smile> I will say this 1 before we drop it. You have been with me long enough to know what Im refering to IF you think about it. Most of them should. I didnt necessarily offer this competition just to see who wins. I am far more interested who gets the meaning behind it or not. Who already knows, who needs reminded, and who learns it or not" Makoto grinned.

Makoto wondered who might or might not need a reminder of appearances, which would appear after their romantic couplings on their own. Who might appear on their own vs who might need helped or reminded to make an appearance before their absences were noticed and or some tongues might wag if they didnt. Ko was NEVER one to tell you Who your heart should or shouldn't choose but some of these pairings were more established longer than others. Tauriel and Alistair, Kia and Zen etc, Lightning Spear needed to mindful of traditions and customs if he hoped for his Chief's blessing of approval of an Elf NOT yet introduced to Tribe. Good as the match might be Every Tribe member knew the consequences IF their Chief refused a match...

Ko waited and compared thought with her other self...

I should know IF I think about it. Katniss contemplated her Future Wife's cryptic words in silence. Meanwhile Ko showed NO signs of already knowing her beloved wife both knew and would remember what was hinted at eventually...

Edit
The student teams were simply looking forward to entering the Dungeon Maze. There we no worries of winning vs losing since they couldnt. To them it was simply an adventure to practice and perfect their skills :~}
(edited 2 months ago)

closetblonde
2 months ago#367
"I have an idea," began Reimi hesitantly. Immediately both munchkins rounded on her with stares like hawks watching a mouse. "Well? Spill it!" demanded Alita as Reimi squirmed under the intensity of their scrutiny. "Um..well...you know how Ralen's Kira's official bodygaurd and he's worried about both princesses..." began Reimi when Alita interrupted with, "GAWD! Kira's NOT competing Red!" "Let her finish," suggested Rand, grinning as he figured out where his girlfriend was heading. Reimi blew him a kiss, "Well, you know how Ralen's worried about master competing because he doesn't think she has the 'stature' for fighting? Why don't we lure Zari and master's teams to the same spot and then kite a big monster over to master? Ralen will run to save her and Zari's team will forfeit the competition since they helped another team!" finished Reimi triumphantly. Alita stared at her best friend in awe, "That was brilliant! You're rubbing off on her Rand," said the hellion approvingly before adding, "STOP laughing! You know I didn't mean it like THAT!" As one, the munchkins turned to watch Zari, their grins growing positively evil.

Elara watched the blushing Kira with a faint smile on her face. "It's okay," she finally said, "I had the biggest crush on Veros for such a long time; you should have heard the munchkins!" The other princess started and stared at Elara worriedly. "I won't tell anyone," smiled the arisen and Kira sagged in relief. "I'd DIE if he ever found out! I mean, I know he's my bodygaurd, and a lot older than me but....he's just so cool and so handsome," Kira finished with a sigh. Elara laughed softly, "Just don't let the munchies find out, especially Alita! But don't worry, I've got your back Ki!" "You called me Ki. Only mother does that! That means we're best friends," beamed Kira. Urda quickly stifled a laugh and walked away, her shoulder shaking with amusement at the mingled emotions on the arisen's face. Privately she vowed to have a quiet word with Ralenthar about Kira's crush. She was pretty sure he had guessed already which would explain his rush to get Zylandra ready to take his place as royal bodygaurd but a quiet word couldn't hurt. Especially since they were on a small ship and it would be hard for Ralen to avoid Kira if she really wanted to get him alone. Especially since the other princess appeared to be encouraging Kira for some reason......

Zari noticed the look on her new team mate's face. "Don't worry about El. She's tougher than she looks," said the beauty. Ralen jumped a little and smiled, "Thank you. It's just....I thought this was a friendly contest to test our skills and learn to work in teams. Some seem to be taking winning too much to heart and I am worried they'll take stupid risks." Zari grinned, "The munchkins LIVE for stupid risks!" "And always come out smelling of roses," added Batgirl, grinning as she saw the awe struck look on Nei's face. "Nevertheless, if my taking part will strain long standing bonds of friendship then I will retire from th-," began Ralen as Zari hurriedly cut him off. "Don't you dare! The munchkins are like that with everything, even queuing for food! It'll be fine!" Ralen gave her a dubious look but let the matter drop.

Lightning Spear gazed wistfully as Malae headed out to check on her troops. Now that he'd got Varesh and Tauriel's official approval of his Chief's boon, it was time to return to the tribe. "Y'know, we're due to visit soon," murmured Alistair, "We'll need an escort of our own, especially if Varesh comes too. Perhaps Malae?" Spears looked at the friendly grin and blushed a little. "That would be welcome," he agreed, happier at the thought of seeing the pretty elf soon as he mounted his horse, waved and was gone.

LonerwolfM
2 months ago#368
Sound as IF smebody actually gets it, or at least part of it Makoto thought to herself. Suddenly Katniss stood upright, the realization of what Ko hinted at having made sense. Stoming over to her Captain and love of her life Katniss push slapped Ko's shoulder.

"It doesent matter who is one the other teams as long as your focused on your own. That's it isnt it. <Ko's exagerated grin and nod> That was mean, sneaky and mean" Katniss smiled. "But you got there without needing me to tell you didnt you Pet. NOT every teams experience in the maze will be exactly same the entire way thru. A Team needs to function on the skills and abilities if those it. Otherwhise its just indiviuals fighting next to another. Those teams who fail to realize that on their own are less likely to improve their own teamwork. Those teams that do, win or lose this contest, will make make better teammates you can count on when necessary" Makoto grinned...

"WE need to be careful tho. We need to get the Monstrers to attack Master Elara's group without attacking us first. Otherwhise WE have to fight it ourselves and they get ahead us" Rand reminded. "Right Grumpy maybe but Urda definitey wont disqualify herself for US" Alita added. Plus we need to get Hawke on board with this. <stares> Hear me out first. Hawke is our teammate, IF he doesnt go along with it then this could blow up in our faces" Rand reasoned. "Dont tell him" Reimi twirled her hair. "Exactly" Alita agreed. "BUT the risk of that is it backfires. Hawke is our teammate but Julia is STILL his Wife. Last thing we want is the plan work and WE get disqualified as Hawke helps. No we NEED to tell Hawke. WE need to get this punishment removed to much <nods> to risk not telling him. We tell Hawke and promise to pick a monster(s) that looks dangerous enough to get Ralen to disqualify that team but NOT put Julia into such serious danger that Hawke disqualifies us" Rand suggested. "I suppose, telling him is a risk but we cant aflord getting disqualified either. We tell him the plan and let him help pick the monster(s) if he agrees. I mean he doesnt like losing either" Alita accepted...

"Ok thats just about all of what we are taking with us. PLEASE be careful of that small chest! Its all I have to remember my parents by" Norma told the work detail. "I will carry and guard the chest for you" Fredrica offerred. "Thank you" Norma appreciated the care Fredrica showed in handling the chest. Little did either realize that even tho they just met, they were destined to be and were quickly becoming fast friends, the very best of friends in fact...

"How are you fareing so far? Princess Weena asked her elder Guardsman Ganamor. "Permission to speak freely Princess?" The Elven Spellfighter requested. "I have told you before that you dont need to be so formal around me G" Weena, knowing familiarity with his superior made Ganamor uncomfortable, harmlessly teased her favorite guard when possible. "Decorum of my station forbids it Majesty. IF you must use a nickname please use Gana. G makes me feel like a letter of the alphabet toy Gorilla in preschool" Ganamor replied. "Very well speak freely G ... ana ... mor" Weena teased. "I am uneasy ALL 3 escourts are detailed to the Maze Contest instead of protecting our Princesses" Ganamor replied.

"Gana you are my favorite stuffy guard and my friend. We will be perfectly safe at court and then on ship in Obel. Once I marry Silz, Kira and the other will return. You will remain in Great Tree with us. It will be our new home and what better way to serve me than protect my husband -to-be by fighting alongside him and his father the King for me. I am trusting this honor to you old friend. As I know you will bring them home to me" Weena replied...
(edited 2 months ago)

closetblonde
2 months ago#369
Ganamor strode forwards to join Silz, Selma and Alex. Casting a final look back at Weena who smiled encouragingly, the master spellknight joined in the conversation regarding battle tactics and strategies of their competitors. Alex and Selma both agreed that the teams with Jeanne and Ralen on them would be the ones to watch, everyone else would be lucky to get to the third floor. Ganamor smiled approvingly as Silz bravely announced that neither team royal (Elara's team) nor the munchkins should be counted out just yet; he'd seen both in action where his father had not and they could more than hold their own. The young noble's observations fitted in with his own; although Ralen had indeed 'owned' princess Elara, the elven girl was extremely fast and no doubt deadly when armed with her favourite weapons. Teamed with Urda and the Shamaness Yata they would be a formidable team. The sorceress Julia he knew little about but others spoke glowingly of her magical prowess. Ganamor smiled; this contest would be fun but he was determined to obey Weena's injunction and bring ALL his team mates and future charges home safely.

Hawke gaped at Alita as the hellion filled him in on the plan to get Ralen to disqualify his own team. "You do know my WIFE is on El's team, don't you?" he snarled as Alita finally shut up. Reimi nodded, "That's why YOU get to pick the monsties for us to kite over. YOU know Jules better than anyone and can pick a monstie that won't hurt her." Rand took up the argument, "We just need Ralen to think they're in danger and go rushing to master's aid, disqualifying Zari's team. I mean, you DID hear what she said about you didn't you?" added the ranger, baiting the mage. Sure enough, Hawke bit, "No, what *is* she saying about me?" "Just that our team is so going to lose because everyone knows mages are useless at fighting and her team has an amazing fighter and Nei and Batgirl are awesome anyway and SHE could do this contest in her sleep," said Rand, springing the trap shut. "Really?!" snarled Hawke, "Well, we'll show HER! Don't worry, Reims! I'll pick a suitable monstie for you AND wipe that smirk off Zari's face!" The munchkins grinned at each other as Hawke stomped off, laughing as he glared at Zari before heading for his duty post. "This is SO totes going to work," crowed Alita as Reimi and Rand shared a celebratory kiss, "Just one thing though boobies...we are NOT calling the damn beasts monsties, okay?!" "Why not?!" pouted Reimi. "Cos that word sounds too cute for the slobbering beast Hawke'll help us pick," teased Rand and the battle twins high fived.

Deep in a cave a beast growled softly as it realised it's power was still too weak to sieze the one with the power it needed to break free and destroy the last druid. Nothing the beast commanded could leave the cave; nothing physical at least.... Dreams though, dreams could draw this person straight to it. With an ugly bubbling laugh, claw, fur and hide curled up to sleep, dreaming wicked dreams and sending them Pockets' way.......

Makoto Fire, talking to Stone Fox, was relieved to see Spears ride into camp with plenty of time left. Intercepting the brave, she grinned as she heard his report. "Father will be pleased uncle agreed to everything. And you'll be pleased when he visits with Malae as escort," teased the first brave. Spears blushed, "I should like to have her formally introduced to the tribe. Sister Tauriel gave me some tips..." he trailed off hesitatingly as Ko grinned again. "I think I can arrange a meeting with Father. And Stone can give her a crash course in tribal ettiquette beforehand. I take it she shares your feelings?" Spears blushed again, "I believe so. I...have no desire to mess this up." Ko patted him on the shoulder, "Leave it to me! Now go report to the Chief and make him smile again."

LonerwolfM
2 months ago#370
"Mr Singh status report" Ko asked as her First Mate approached. "Was coming to find you Captain. The crew cleared about 2400 sq ft. The storage transfered below but presents you with a choice. We can give all of that space to Norma and Ernst as is but it makes that quarters an odd L shape with dead spots. Mr Kris made a suggestion that gives them lill more than half of the area tha both saves on the current number of privacy screens and walls and allows us to give them a simular setup as your cabin office and sleeping quarters only smaller. The remaining area would be split between the other 3 remaining quarters and allow us to keep the same general layout" Mr Singh reported.

"Lets go see and Mr Kris can show me his idea" Makoto replied. "Mind if I join you and come along? I'll understand if you say no but now Im curious" Katniss wheedling an invitation. "Why not? After you Mr Singh" The Captain motioned. Arriving at the Helmsman Quarters on Deck Mr SIngh wwaited for his Captain to enter 1st. Taking the short center hallway leading to all 4 quarters Ko opened the door entering the one designated for Ernst. "Show me" Makoto smiled then frowned once she say the way the extra room was laid out. "I see your point. The L shape is a problem and having seen Norma's stuff it will create dead space if it even fits as is. I can see a few solutions off the bat but really rather not have to resituate and reorganize all 4 quarters and hallway unnecessarily. Your suggestion Mr Kris?" Makoto having an idea where her Dagger Thrower was headed.

"We split the differrence Captain. We give well more than half to Ernst. We slide both Ernst and Patches all the way back to the cabin structure wall. Widening Ernst back half and narrowing Patches back half sections a few feet as necessary. The resulting privacy screens saved are added inside Ernst Quarters to create a 2nd bedroom area. The other 2 quarters are legnthened and the hallway narrowed slightly. All in all it goes from 4 near squares to 4 rectangles. 1 Signifigantly larger than the other 3. Ernst and Patches both get a slight L but no where near as bad as the L you see right now" Mr Kriss diagrammed out the idea. "Interesting, 2 questions then. How much of the 2400 sg ft goes to whom exactly? Does Patches mind that as Lead Helmsman these changes affect his living quarters the most drastically?" The Captain inquired.

"Respectfully I showed the changes to Patches before I told Mr Singh the Idea Captain. I didnt want to waste your time IF Patches wasnt willing to agree. <waiting for Makoto's reaction saw a grin and continued> Patches said even tho he is Lead Helmsman, Ernst has served with you longer and without the curse he suspects Ernst would be Lead instead. Therefore since his friend Ernst and Norma need the room he will gladly adust his stuff to make it work and use the new space. All in all Captain I figure 300 sq feet for the front 2 quarters each that Cindy and Emily use. 400 sq ft for Patches, leaving the last 1400 sq ft for a Bedroom and closet or storage area in Norma and Ernst's quarters beforey our new crewmember arrives" Mr Kris reported.

"Carry on with your idea then Mr Kris" Captain Makoto grinned...
~x~

Fredrica discussed Ship life experiences they had and strategies for the Dungeon Maze to discuss with Katniss once Ernst and Norma were settled in their lodgings on board later tonight...
~x~

Poor Pockets had no inkling of th dreams that would come to haunt her much much later tonight, hours after dinner she would finally fall aleep quite a few hours from now...
~x~

Cook grew nearer to getting lunch ready...

Edit for spacing between sections.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Hijinxs on the Horizen 4 -Whats coming next !?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.