Noob Chronicles-Ogres and Chimeras

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Noob Chronicles-Ogres and Chimeras

User Info: NeroDantes

NeroDantes
1 month ago#1
Im very new to the game and started playing heavily this passed week Just arrived a Gran Soren and accepted a ton of missions. One of them was to locate a Grimoire in two bandit infested fort locations.

On my way to Heavenspeak Fort I found an Armored Ogre on the mountain path. I'm running 2 mage pawns, 1 warrior and I'm a Strider. Tips to fight it

-Get on the Ogres back and climb until you get to the nape of the neck and hack away(watch your stamina!).
-Your pawns will automatically start casting damage dealing spells that will render it stunned or docile.
- Be mindful to stay far from the ledge, 2 pawns got knocked off and I left 1 to perish.

After that battle finished I had to go down the mountain to save my other pawn. Suddenly I was ambushed by the Chimera. Tips to fight it

-Get on its back and destroy the tail.
- the chimera tends to collapse on the floor and roll at ties so jump off when this happens
-After the tail is cut go for the Goat head
-After the Goat head focus on the Main head the Lion.

I accidentally stumbled upon this creature and managed to stay alive. Currently Lvl 21, feeling pretty good right now only problem is it was night time when I saved and I'm currently low on health Items >_<
-I used to be excited about DLC's like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee-
PSN: NeroARIDANTES

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#2
One of them was to locate a Grimoire in two bandit infested fort locations.

That's a tricky one since the game gives it you very early in the game when you're maybe not quite ready for it. I died a few times to bandit swarms and then decided to sneak into Heavenspeak from the beach when I first went there. ..thankfully the bandits don't attack you once you actually get inside.

-Get on the Ogres back and climb until you get to the nape of the neck and hack away(watch your stamina!).
-Your pawns will automatically start casting damage dealing spells that will render it stunned or docile.

Much, much quicker to climb on his back and hope he takes off his helmet so he can look for you. Then you can jump on his face and stab away...AS your pawns automatically start casting damage dealing spells that will render it stunned or docile. Actually forget the stunning thing because the pawn spells will render him dead with the mask off.

-Get on its back and destroy the tail.
- the chimera tends to collapse on the floor and roll at ties so jump off when this happens
-After the tail is cut go for the Goat head

You want to position yourself to the left of the chimera (if looking at it from the front)...I believe it always falls in that direction. You'll then be in perfect position to slice at the goat head as it lays there (most monsters take extra damage if attacked when stunned). With hundred kisses you usually kill it instantly. Nowadays, the chimera never lives past this step since this is when my pawns start unleashing spell death.

User Info: Sporkboy

Sporkboy
1 month ago#3
The bandits outside the fort are very tough and aggressive. I had to come back around level 30ish to beat them in a straight up fight. The bandits inside the fort won’t attack unless provoked - you can just run past the outside bandits and should be safe once you get inside. You can also change to a ranger and try snipping the outer ones from really far away if you’re patient.

As for the ogre and chimera, what the other folks said.

NeroDantes
1 month ago#4
Much, much quicker to climb on his back and hope he takes off his helmet so he can look for you. Then you can jump on his face and stab away...AS your pawns automatically start casting damage dealing spells that will render it stunned or docile. Actually forget the stunning thing because the pawn spells will render him dead with the mask off.

Thanks for this man! My pawns just shout out that they cant break through his armor. This really helps. I completed the mission even fought two more chimeras after that.
-I used to be excited about DLC's like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee-

NeroDantes
1 month ago#5
Also recently fought a golem. WAS THE LONGEST FIGHT OF MY LIFE. Dumbass main pawn was a guardian and kept walking around doing nothing
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Noob Chronicles-Ogres and Chimeras

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived