Question about the multiplayer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  3. Question about the multiplayer

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
5 years ago#1
Is it like DR1's Infinite Mode, where you are trying to survive, or is just like regular single player, but without missions?

Me and my buddy see it on XBL for 20 bucks now, and we only wanted it for the multiplayer...but I mean, whats the difference between coop and sandbox multiplayer?
GT: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa

Degalon
5 years ago#2
Also, does the game still have horribly low-rez textures like DR2, or the great high rez textures of DR1?
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa

User Info: Infectedglory

Infectedglory
5 years ago#3
Sandbox is complete freedom. No decreasing health and the items respawn. It's basically dead rising with no timer. There's still a clock that tells when the psychos spawn and the crazed survivors but it doesn't affect frank (he doesn't need zombrex) and the clock loops. It's what all fans asked for. Coop for story mode is just like dead rising 2 except client is chuck and they can high five and take pictures of each other. In story mode it's classic with time limits and survivors and cases.

One good thing to note is off the record has cut more than half the loading time of DR1 and 2 and there are checkpoints at every new area you load in.

I highly recommend it for the multiplayer shenanigans
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.

Degalon
5 years ago#4
Infectedglory posted...
Sandbox is complete freedom. No decreasing health and the items respawn. It's basically dead rising with no timer. There's still a clock that tells when the psychos spawn and the crazed survivors but it doesn't affect frank (he doesn't need zombrex) and the clock loops. It's what all fans asked for. Coop for story mode is just like dead rising 2 except client is chuck and they can high five and take pictures of each other. In story mode it's classic with time limits and survivors and cases.

One good thing to note is off the record has cut more than half the loading time of DR1 and 2 and there are checkpoints at every new area you load in.

Meh. Was hoping for more of a coop infinite mode.

Sandbox mode sounds like it would get boring really quick since there's nothing to do.

Infectedglory
5 years ago#5
Degalon posted...
Infectedglory posted...

Sandbox mode sounds like it would get boring really quick since there's nothing to do.

There are challenges in sandbox. And getting gold on all of them on coop (neccesary for achievements) can be very challenging.

Degalon
5 years ago#6
Infectedglory posted...
Degalon posted...
Infectedglory posted...

There are challenges in sandbox. And getting gold on all of them on coop (neccesary for achievements) can be very challenging.

Do you get some kind of reward for the challenges? Or is it just achievements?

I remember in the original DR I worked my butt off for the achievements because they unlocked costume pieces.

Infectedglory
5 years ago#7
Degalon posted...
Infectedglory posted...
Degalon posted...
Infectedglory posted...

Do you get some kind of reward for the challenges? Or is it just achievements?

I remember in the original DR I worked my butt off for the achievements because they unlocked costume pieces.

Yeah you unlock a piece of the Capcom costume of this game by getting medal on all challenges

Degalon
5 years ago#8
Meh. Think me and my buddies are probably gonna pass. Woulda bought it day one if it was a co-op Infinite mode, with the health bar, so its survival...but just "Story mode without the story" is kinda meh. That's exactly what we do anyway. Ignore the story mode and screw around for the 3 days.

User Info: AngryOldFeral

AngryOldFeral
5 years ago#9
Degalon posted...
Meh. Think me and my buddies are probably gonna pass. Woulda bought it day one if it was a co-op Infinite mode, with the health bar, so its survival...but just "Story mode without the story" is kinda meh. That's exactly what we do anyway. Ignore the story mode and screw around for the 3 days.

Either way, it's pretty fun. Better than:

Terror Is REALITY... SEVUHN-TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

But I digress.

At times, Sandbox Mode does get kind of stale. While there's plenty of stuff to do in terms of completing challenges and a lot of fun is to be had with just screwing off, the main problem I have with Sandbox is that the difficulty doesn't ever spike up.

Doing Story Mode with a friend means eventually, you and your wingman are going to go up against Gas Zombies. That crap is INTENSE, and extremely fun. While there's never any shortage of regular zombies and psychopaths respawn indefinitely, the lack of gas zombies makes Sandbox feel like a bit of a pushover once you hit level 50.

Though being able to save in Sandbox makes achievements like "Six Digits?!" (kill 100,000 zombies) feel a bit easier. I remember trying and failing the 72,000-kills achievement in regular DR2 because of my poor time-management skills.
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity

Infectedglory
5 years ago#10
Getting 72000 wasn that hard. I even killed Brandon, Seymour, and the magicians and rescue Linette because she's awesome while doing it. They key is to do all the cases and use the Slicecycle. I even managed to get all of Tks items, kicked his butt and rescued my daughter with enough time to kill an additional 1000 zombies with the Super BFG
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  3. Question about the multiplayer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived