Getting some lag after hosting a server.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Getting some lag after hosting a server.

User Info: argotto

argotto
6 years ago#1

I am having a problem here, and I am not too sure how to fix it (not even sure it can be).

I host a server for my brother and I to player on, which means I have to run 2 instances of the game at once. I've done this with a few other games and never seemed to have any lag issues. Anyway... When I finally joint he server, I am getting all kinds of lag. Enemies magically jumping in front of and behind me kind of crap. However, when I go into my brother's room, he is almost perfectly fine. He has a tiny bit of lag, but it is barely noticible.

I have:

4 gigs of RAM (winXP)

nivdia 280 GT card

3.1 GHz AMD dual core

550 gigs of free hard drive space

Did a scan and didn't have any spyware or any malicious programs at all. Anyone have an idea that can help me improve my performance as the host?

User Info: eco master

eco master
6 years ago#2
You're just going to have to find another machine to host the game on. Copy over the game files to a different computer so you can host from one, play on another. I know it works on other games, but I've noticed it really doesn't work for this one myself. Not much you can do about it.
http://to2is.literallyforbabies.com/to2/boards
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Getting some lag after hosting a server.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived