Youth academy players won't sign contracts!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA Soccer 12
  3. Youth academy players won't sign contracts!

User Info: starcb26

starcb26
5 years ago#1

I've given them contracts up to $30,000 a week, and they still won't sign. They keep telling me they want higher weekly wages. One of them is a CB, his overall is 56-60, with a player potential is 73-79, and he's 18. The other one is a GK, his overall is 67-71, with a potential of 82-88, and he's 16. WHY WON'T THEY SIGN?!!!!

User Info: starcb26

starcb26
5 years ago#2

I'm the Seattle Sounders btw if that makes any difference.

User Info: D_e_t_

D_e_t_
5 years ago#3
thats why lol, j/k i dunno

User Info: Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22
5 years ago#4

Never even heard of this problem.  I've never had an issue signing youth players.  Only a couple things I would say to try, but you probably have already checked these... first, are you matching the # of years of the executive suggestion (usually seems to be 2)?  2nd, are you sure you haven't hit your maximum squad size?

User Info: ngdubz

ngdubz
5 years ago#5
I had the same problem with one of my players. I cut him, and haven't had a problem since.

User Info: Silent_21_Snake

Silent_21_Snake
5 years ago#6
It's a pain but it depends, i'll give you an example. Kid at my club, 15, CB. Rating 55, Rene Wright, has a potential of 85-91.. would not sign at all, i ended up giving him £70,000 a week and he's a 55 rated player... yip, ridiculous. Had him 4 seasons because nobody would take him on loan because of his wages so i was forced to bench him the whole first season i had him.. he barely grew.

2nd season i played him next to every game, he reached 68, did same for next 2 seasons and he's a 79 CB barely 20 and potential still at 85-91. Have to re-sign his contract soon but now would he be worth £70,000 a week? Hell, in my view, he looks like a future world beater and i'd be willing to give him a £150,000 if he wanted it because not for nothing a 91 rated CB for £70,000 a game is cheap!
"In my restless dreams. I see that town..Silent Hill"
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA Soccer 12
  3. Youth academy players won't sign contracts!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived