Kojima says that "Project Ogre" will NOT be for the Wii-U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Kojima says that "Project Ogre" will NOT be for the Wii-U

User Info: Trololala

Trololala
5 years ago#1
First Tomb Raider, then Epic Games; now Kojima. 3rd parties are already bailing out prior towards it's 2nd E3 reveal - let alone it's console release. Things aren't looking so good now...

...Well, at least Ninty has AC3... but that's it so far...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/20/kojimas-project-ogre-will-tackle-delicate-and-taboo-issues/

What he had to say on the issue:

“The way the player interacts with [Wii U} is very different than any other device out there. So if I were to make a game for the Wii U, it would have to be a unique game," he explained."

AKA - same junk that Wii received - yet there really shouldn't be any excuses this time around, as the console has a similar control-scheme and will be up-to-date in terms of graphics and tech.

...I'm just seriously beginning to think that Nintendo is NOT respectful to 3rd party devs - namely western-based (or in this case - western-catered) ones.

User Info: choasenninja

choasenninja
5 years ago#2
^No one feed the troll please (at least the last sentence and the only thing they get is AC3 bit). Keep moving.
.Name: Doug. Wii Code: 4863-7067-7820-9897 PSN: Choasenninja
SCV: Viola, Natsu... Blazblue: Noel, Mu-12

User Info: LimblessQuasar

LimblessQuasar
5 years ago#3
If it wasn't the name, it'd be the account creation.

Anyway, if this is trolling, I applaud you for the effort put forth. 10/10.

If it's not trolling, then I don't really have anything to add. The United States will be Conservative on the world political scene, vegetables will continue to be healthier than meats, and Nintendo will still get shafted by 3rd party developers. The world goes on.
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_

User Info: kinglink13

kinglink13
5 years ago#4
Even though I know this is a troll topic, where anywhere in that interview does he say "Project Ogre" will NOT be for the Wii-U"?...Oh wait it doesn't.
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
5 years ago#5
His username alone gives it all away...

User Info: Trololala

Trololala
5 years ago#6
Wow, people sure do jump to conclusions pretty quickly around here...

Anyways I'm being honest with my opinions, as I am a Nintendo fan myself. And being a fan shouldn't deny me the right to express my concerns. What would you guys want me to spoon feed-you with? "Oh sure, they've already been denied by three major developers - but that don't matter - things are looking great anyway?" Is that what you want?

If anyone wants to feel better - there's a high chance/rumor that GTA5 will show up on the Wii-U at least. And Dark Souls 2 has long been confirmed, so no need to discuss that.

I'm just trying to say that 3rd-party support is looking pretty 50/50 so far. (IMO.)

User Info: NintyLover2

NintyLover2
5 years ago#7
I don't get how people take this as bad news. It's showing that if he made a game for it, he would want to do the console justice, not give it some half-assed port with a gimmick to use the screen for.

User Info: ozfunghi

ozfunghi
5 years ago#8
It's too soon to tell. I think there will be a lot of Japanese support, enough to drive sales. If that happens and the userbase is present, and the hardware is capable, we'll see western devs joining. Also, just because a couple of games aren't coming, doesn't mean any are coming. Nintendo is tightlipped and has everybody under NDA. We know Aliens CM is coming, ACIII also, likely GTA as well...

NintyLover2 posted...
I don't get how people take this as bad news. It's showing that if he made a game for it, he would want to do the console justice, not give it some half-assed port with a gimmick to use the screen for.

Yet the same excuse was used for the Wii over and over. The controller screen isn't mandatory. If he has no use for it, so be it. But it shouldn't be the reason to deny a game to the console.
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
http:www.doublegum.be - http://soundcloud.com/the-best-of

User Info: Tottentanz

Tottentanz
5 years ago#9
If I recall correctly, the people from Tomb Raider said they wanted to be a part of the Wii U, but it was a bit late in the development cycle to tack it on which they did not want to just do a sloppy port but give the system its dues and use it to its utmost.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/tomb-raider-skipping-wii-u-6349248

There it was....sorry about that, but it took me a second to find it.

Epic has not said anything about not putting games on the Wii U and only admitted that they dont have enough resources to make a game for everyone at the same time. They have given vocal support and mentioned that they look forward to all the games on the system using their engine. Lets not forget that they do a lot of business exclusively for MS which last time I checked, they were in the middle of putting together Fortnite.

As for Kojima, Project Ogre is being designed for the other systems right now, and if he were to make a game for the Wii U then he would make one for its controls. I would not take that as an insult towards the controller, and would more consider it a sign of respect.

Lets see here, we could get a bunch of sloppy ports, or we could get games that go beyond the finite and actually use the controller to enhance their games in unique ways that the other systems will not be able to even touch.

Yep, all that third party support leaving Nintendo, an unknown game, a relaunch, a company that mainly does exclusives for the competition, and none of them ever promised those games to the Wii U.

If I were not so hurt by the insinuations, I would be crushed lolololol.

User Info: Arjayes

Arjayes
5 years ago#10

3rd parties are already bailing out prior towards it's 2nd E3 reveal.
AKA - same junk that Wii received - yet there really shouldn't be any excuses this time around

...I'm just seriously beginning to think that Nintendo is NOT respectful to 3rd party devs - namely western-based (or in this case - western-catered) ones.

These are the statements that make you seem like a troll. I'm not saying you are, but these statements need more backing or else they can be misconstrued.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Kojima says that "Project Ogre" will NOT be for the Wii-U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived